Khan The Destroyer

This forum allows mod makers with projects in the beginning stages to showcase their mod.
Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Khan The Destroyer

Post by Alkalund » Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:03 am

And here we have a new project, by Malkor:

Khan The Destroyer

Project Title - Khan The Destroyer
Project Staff - Malkor
D2 Patch Version - 1.10 for D2: LOD

~ Storyline ~

"Death is no end. Death is a beginning." - ZelHan.

"To be is to exist, but to not be... That is to fail." - Torragah

"Fear is an indirect excuse for failiure. To fear is to fail, and to fail is to die." - Khan The Destroyer.

Khan The Destroyer. That's what this mod is about. But is it really just about this one warrior, caught between morale and anger? No. It's something far, far more.

This story is about the Zelconian Empire, the Seventh Spirit, and the final chapter of the dark days.

Deep in a land of abyss, one would say we were but ants to the grand scheme of the universe. Is this true? Maybe. Maybe not. The Galorians didn't think so.

Galorians. Who are they? They are children of Galor, a massive nexus of power we would call a "God", while they call it "home". It is from this dominion that a being of immense power and knowledge would decide the fate of men, mortality, and all of existence.

It was here that the seven would be unleashed.

Four thousand years after the creation of the ZelHan Oversoul, an entity of corrupted belief, the Zelconian Empire, a race built of a caste system containing hundreds of different "sects", was created. The energies of Galor gave to them great power, knowledge, and the minds to control themselves. To them, the abyss was home. They knew no limit to their "home", because Galor does not exist on the mortal plane. Both Galorians and Zelconian are immortal, but there's a difference between the two.

Galorians knew what needed to be done.

Zelconian are hugely warrior-based. They are fanatically loyal to the Zelhan and the Galorians, but are self-centered as far as personal meanderings go. Another half-million years passed as they advanced and grew. Four particular sects rose amongst the others - The Makaar, the Agriomor, the Thalos and the Kron. All of which contained mighty leaders and warriors, each of them immensely powerful beings in their own right. It was them who turned to the Galorians and asked, "Why are we here? What is our purpose?"

No one had an answer.

Until ZelHan spoke a sentence that would change their course of action for all of time.

"Your purpose, my children, is to write the history of a new age."

A few more years passed. Their black citadels had begun to bolster as the Galorians finally opened up and began teaching the four major sects of the Zelconian everything they knew. The Zelconian learned of the Mortal plane, the life force, which all beings hold, it contained, and how Galor functioned. They became more aware of their position.

They weren't limitless in size. They were trapped.

But the ZelHan believed it not so. In secret, he trained seven warriors in part of a master plan he had been indirectly preparing his children for. A plan which many saw as reckless and pointless, but the entity believe otherwise.

"Here they are," He said years afterwards to one figure alone,

"My greatest of warriors.

RishnuKanna... He will be your eyes and ears. A member of the Isthu sect, a race of small scavenger-like creatures. They will be your interior slayers.

MasthuKa... A general for your warriors. He will aid in your siege...

Korna`Quelk... A Makaar hunter. He will be your elite guard. Nothing will dare oppose you with him guarding your ships.

Torragah... An ascended Kron Defiler. He will single-handed throw the world into shadow and send our mighty Defiler legion marching across their land. No man, woman or child will be left alive under his wrath.

Kinu... A psionicist. He will guide your weapons and your commands. He will bring the Elrand sect, a tighly-knit pact of corruptors, and aid in overthrowing any enemy by their own people.

and Granisk, a warrior to train your legions."

But then, the great and newly-masterful Khan The Destroyer asked, "You said seven. We only make six."

ZelHan had laughed.

"I will be the seventh."

A month later, a massive disruption in time and reality brought five massive ships, each hundreds of miles long, and hurled them towards the Earth. It had been twenty years since Baal last drew breath, and the ZelHan took over the gateway left from the World Stone's destruction. It allowed him to direct five specially-refitted Zelconian assassin ships to achieve his goal - draw all life force from the mortal realm, and absorb it into Galor.

The Zelconian struck with such efficiency and strength that Humanity had only days to react. Acheross, the largest continent of the world, was soon under siege by two landed ships at the same time. Only the valiant might of the Zakarum paladins managed to stave complete dominance and destruction of the earth.

The battle still wages now, between the holy defenders and the dark alien race. The Zelconian know no mercy, and will destroy or corrupt every living thing they can. Their might is unfaltering and their size broad.

The final days are now.

~ Items ~

There shall be two major types of items into KTD - Human, and Zelconian. Zelconian weaponry are devised of extremely dense materials, and therefore are extremely heavy and cumbersome for humans to use. However, Zelconian weaponry does incredible damage, and usually has plenty of magical power to spare. Human weaponry, on the other hand, will be lighter, faster, and less damaging. Human weaponry usually isn't as magically enhanced as Zelconian weaponry, either.

~ Characters ~

Only two characters will be changed as of the current concept, due to limitations of the engine. The conversions and their details are as follows.

Necromancer -> Assimilator

The Assimilator is a being of immense mental capability. He is a scourge of the void and seeks to devour the life force of every living thing. His seething intent, however, has lured him to this dominion of chaos. The Zelconian invasion has created a "gap" for the Assimilator venture through into the mortal plane... to cause havoc. The Assimilator tricks everyone into believing him human, while continually plotting for his own need.

The Assimilator is based heavily on his mind. He can summon creatures from the void, or channel great destruction. He is never to be trusted.

Druid -> Fallen Templar

The Zegredark, a race trillions of years old, are heavily religious in their system. Very rarely is a templar exiled from the system of Kenkranathal... but it can happen. Those who are exiled are given the chance to return to the glory of Ascherzon, the dark god, if they bring back the skull of a mighty creature. What better a target for such a task than Khan The Destroyer, the ultimate Zelconian warrior?

Fallen Templar are the epitome of mystery. They call their powers from realms beyond immortality. Beyond gods.

They are not here to save humanity. They are here to prove themselves to their god.

~ Character Skills and stuff ~

The Assimilator-

The Assimilator can call upon a major summoning, known as the Crom Slayer. The Crom Slayer is hate incarnate. Only the Assimilator is truly protected from its mighty wrath. Various abilites can be added to the Crom Slayer, such as poison damage, resistances, and adding to its already impressive health pool. An Assimilator without a Crom Slayer is quite vulnerable, as they are incapable of fighting very well themselves.

Disruptions-

Disruptions are powerful "rule bending" spells of the Assimilator. They allow him to manipulate any being of his choice in a manner that will severely hamper them in their tasking. Disruptions can even go as far as taking over the mind of a target.

Naeko Cullings -

Naeko is a powerful void energy, which very few can control. The Assimilator is one of those few. Void energy can be manifested in many ways, including city-destroying eruptions and shockwaves of unstoppable light-absorbing power. Naeko allows the Assimilator to make up for his physical weakness... One would be a fool to approach him unprepared.

The Fallen Templar-

Fallen Templar may be exiled, but they retain all of their Zegredark knowledge. Fallen Templar recognize and respect the Zelconian Empire's power and might, but they will seek to disrupt it regardless. Fallen Templar have a number of nasty tricks up their sleeve, including the ability to take the aspect of particular Zelconian warriors, such as Makaar Brutes, and Kron Defilers. In addition to these material-bending powers, Templar can focus Void energy, and call upon manifestations of their desire. Their exact abilites are unknown, and best left that way for the mortal races.

~ Monsters ~

Zelconian are based in a caste system. Their casts honor each other rightfully, however. Instead, they are seperate by their actual race. The three mightiest sects, The Agriomor, The Makaar, and The Kron, are the only ones really needed to be mentioned as of now.

The Agriomor are essentially chaotic creations of genetic and mental experiments. Even their unhatched young can take on spiritual avatars (known as Terrors and Terror Elites) and cause havoc. Matured Agriomor creatures are devastatingly powerful and intelligent. They are known mostly for their chaotic nature and sheer disregard for life.

The Makaar are the brutish genetically-enhanced warriors that have proven themselves to their lords, the Kron. Makaar creatures are highly intelligent, unbelieveably strong, and merciless in their war effort. Avoid them at all costs.

Members of the Kron Sect, though few, are always the mightiest of all their kin. All Kron members are great warriors, leaders, and starship admirals. They are the true power behind the invasion, and the true means to keep it holding together. If you ever do face a Kron defiler in battle, be sure to wish for a swift death before it brings the whole of the nine hells down unto you.

~ Extra Features ~

I will be composing and selecting musical features for KTD, and intend to replace the entire diablo 2 track system as well as add to it. I will be voice acting all monsters, the majority of the NPC's. I will also be replacing nearly all maps in the game, and then adding some. The map system planned for KTD will be extensive and time-consuming, but it will be well worth it.

~ Code Editing ~

I am no coder, so the only code modification as of yet is the extended levels plugin.

~ Screenshots ~

All screenshots I release will be uploaded and posted on the KTD forum at samods.com, uninhabited it may be.

http://forums.samods.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26

~ Plugins used in the Project ~

Various plugins from Incandescence, AJF's extended levels plugin, and (eventually) graphics from Infinitum, done by Phrozen Heart.

~ Contact Information ~

www.samods.com is where the mod is hosted. To contact me, do not e-mail my msn address. Instead, contact me via Instant Message or PM. I am on all day usually as I have no school, work, or other bothersome abstructions.

AIM: Ascherzon
MSN: ICSW_Lurker@hotmail.com

Malkor
Champion of the Light

Re: Khan The Destroyer

Post by Malkor » Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:27 am

Superb. Here is a progress report.

I've been working solidely on Act1 - The Corrupted Ruins. Map-wise, it is showing fruits of progress. In act1 you will be able to get up to level 50 if you play it long enough. The max levels is 250 as of now.

As it stands, Act1 is devised into a fair(5-7) number of preset 250x250 maps, plus sublevels. Within time, once the mod is structurally done, these maps will be increased to have six randomized versions each. As of right now, sublevels are not enabled, but they will be once I am satisfied the current maps are fully functional.

Act1 details,

Ureh, the last surviving part of the Kurast Continent, is besieged by the third of the Zelconian war ships. The very land itself now wills the destruction of the mortal race, and the only thing you can do is try to find a way off.

This won't be easy, however. Fog as thick as oil smoke and a maze of destruction await your arrival. Shadows in the dark watch your every movement. Shadows that have teeth and claws.

You are the newest arrival of a small band of survivors, trying to bide time in a refitted temple. Your first goal is to attempt to find a creature that apparently wasn't allied with the newcomers, and did its best to fight them. To do so you will need to travel deep into the corrupted jungle, navigate ruins, temples and destroyed villages, each teaming with alien life that hungers for human flesh.

Your vision will be limited and your tactical skills will be tested to their max. The Corrupted Ruins will be a prime example of KTD's difficulty and unique approach to RPG combat. To live is to live, but to die is to fail the world. Which will it be?

Areas so far enabled:

1.) The Corrupted Ruins

Your first blunder into KTD. An easy, simple dominion, but full of dangers for the unwary. A large temple held by the nefarious Kornzaduun awaits you for higher levels, and exploration pays off. Beware of Terror Elites, however.

Quests:

Sieging the Siege
Alien Tools
Li`Thulu

2.) The Passage of Heat

Now the going gets tough. Bone Gnashers, fire-happy spell casters, largely inhabit this tunnel and are backed up by members of the Mulkoore sect. Using ranged weaponry, preferably a good crossbow, is highly advised, even on melee characters. This tunnel is suicidal if you simply try to bash your way through.

3.) The Temple of Agony

You must be cautious when exploring the ex-Kurastian grounds for goods and quests. Many dangerous and experienced members of the Mulkoore, Agriomor and Lurker sect await your arrival. They know you're coming, and will welcome you with great vigor.

Quests:

None as of yet.

4.) Lake of the Unbroken

Welcome to your first taste of hell. This frozen underground dominion was once a temple under Kurast, used for ancient rituals. Now it lacks light and heat, and is home to World Killers, Mulkoore armies, and Meszaku, who is your primary reason for coming here. An entire army sleeps here. You best not wake them in your blind stumbles.

Quests:

Counter-Strike

Currently enabled monsters (I'll give greater details in a bit.)

Agriomor;
Psychotic Essence - Zelconian Translation

Agriomors are massive genetic constructions of the Zelconian Empire. From the very moment their eggs start to harden, their minds awaken and they roam the spiritual planes. In KTD, Agriomors first appear as these spirits.

Agriomor Terrors are the result of unhatched Agriomor minds accessing the mortal realm, in this case the ground in front of you. There are three types of spirits.

Terrors -

The young unexperienced minds of the Agriomor young. You can kill them, and easily, but there'll always be an endless supply. It is recommended you are level 5 before dancing toe-to-toe with an Agriomor Terror.

Terror Elites -

The more mature minds, and evolved anchors, of young Agriomor minds. They have the power to kill level 15 characters. They are slow, however, and thus can be taken out from afar. They almost always appear with some sort of enhancement to them.

Agriomor Abominations -

Abominations are the minds of Agriomor young who are about to hatch. Their awareness is peaking and their mental structure is diverse. Abominations will take on entire parties and generally venture alone. That doesn't stop other Zelconian from aiding them in combat, however. They first appear in the Temple of Agony, and make regular appearances in the corrupted ruins thereafter. Avoid them if you cannot take on Elites with undevided ease.

Lurker Sect -

basic

Blood Drinker -> Cannon fodder for the experienced
Shadow Lurker -> Melee Attacker
Bone Gnasher - > Adept over fire realm. Devastating in close quarters.

intermediate

Consumer -> Ferocious ice-enchanted attacker. Is equipped with freezing ice claws and magic-resistant carapace.
Fog Drinker -> Adept over Ice and Chaos realm. Killer of the unwary.
Death Drinker -> Master over Death and Chaos realm. Killer of the wary.

advanced (bosses)

Kornzaduun -> Adept over fire and chaos realm. Boss of CR1. Quest boss.
Personal servent of Meszaku.

Meszaku - Servent of RishnuKanna. Boss of the Unbroken Lake. Mastery over Chaos realm. Partially robotic. Psychotic.

Also enabled, but not detailed on-

Corrupted ->

Timber Wolves
Heaty Wolves

Mulkoore Sect ->

Ravager
Vizier
DeathBringer
Warlord
Grand Vizier

Unbroken Ones ->

Grunt
BladeRunner
Overseer
Lasher
Overlord
Defilers
Abandon hope, all ye who touch the lard bucket.

Rattlecage
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Rattlecage » Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:30 am

That is so cool! :)
I love the idea!
No beating heart I felt. I brought no sights to the silver lips; no warmth from the gold.

Malkor
Champion of the Light

Post by Malkor » Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:24 am

Glad you like it :)

I've posted some additional screenshots which can be found here, http://forums.samods.com/showthread.php?tid=769

Update - Jan 17 2004 -

Plans for Act2

Act2 will be a massive city, the city-fortress of Acheross. It is quite possible Acheross will take me the longest time map-wise to create. Quests will span to the underground networks, both old and new, and across everything from harbors to the mountains closeby, and then to the enemy camps. The city-fortress of Acheross will make up roughly 3/4 of the act and will be as large as the whole of act1 if not bigger. I will be needing custom tiles for most parts, including the harbor, so if anyone has/knows where to get tiles for a huge city like this, please tell me!

The city will be overtaken by the Zelconian. Many of your quests will have you dealing with the enemy captains, and unravelling how the Zelconian came here. Corrupted Wizards will try to stop you, and you'll start meeting the Defiler Armies, which are still attacking.

Updated Jan 17, 2004
Last edited by Malkor on Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rattlecage
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Rattlecage » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:38 am

Wow! You sure have some really good ideas! It sounds like it will be kind of a strange mod, but I really like weird stuff, so it all sounds good. Can't wait to see it come out. Keep up the great work man! :)
No beating heart I felt. I brought no sights to the silver lips; no warmth from the gold.

Malkor
Champion of the Light

Post by Malkor » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:03 am

Within the near future I'll be having a pre-alpha closed tester signup to help balance act1 and such... ^^

Edit - jan 23 2004 -

With the lack of important questions being answered on the forums, KTD's production is beginning to slow down. I am taking a hiatus from modding but intend to update KTD regularily. However, until the questions I posted a while ago (Concerning monsters using char graphics, and missile.txt/skills.txt editing) are answered, there'll be particularily large obsticles in my path.

edit - Feb 03 2004

Questions still go unanswered through it appears monsters using proper char graphics cannot be done, which saddens me. Barely anything has been done since I recently upgraded my motherboard and went through hell getting the comp back online. I need to redownload many of my tools and programs before I can continue.

Edit Feb 04 2004

Was concepting some item types in my head. How do these sound, so far?

Capsuls;

Capsuls are special Zelconian devices that are socketed into weapons, usually granting incredible elemental power at the cost of other statistics. A good example is the Lesser Capsul of Acid:

+1500 poison damage
-10 repair
-25% base item damage.

Shield Generators;

Shield generators are electronic devices you find lying around that add to your HP, resistances, defense, regeneration, or all of the aforementioned attributres. Some special generators will even grant absorbtion. Generators are very hard to find.

Genetic Boosters;

Needle-like devices that temporarily boost attributes dramatically. For example, the Lesser Makaarian Booster adds 25 to strength for five minutes.

Grenade weapons;

Better grenade-like weapons will be able to be found. Everything from self-firing rockets to nuclear mines will be available.

Gun Buddies;

Some items will allow you to place stationary gun turrets!

edited jan 23 2004
edit feb 03 2004
edited feb 04 2004
Last edited by Malkor on Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:01 am

[quote=Malkor";p="149530"]Was concepting some item types in my head. How do these sound, so far?[/quote]

They sound very nice :) Only when you say +1500 poison damage, is this damage done over how many seconds?

Malkor
Champion of the Light

Post by Malkor » Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:25 am

Not really sure how to work the poison... Perhaps over 3-6 seconds. Monsters have significantly more health and resistances than in D2. I'm honestly not entirely sure how D2 handles poison....

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:11 pm

Download the poison calculator by Joel and it will get a lot easier to calculate the damage :)

Rattlecage
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Rattlecage » Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:18 pm

Where do you intend to get the graphix for the futuristic stuff like the turrets? Are you going to rip the turrets from Star Craft or somethin? I think it's a really cool idea by the way. :spank:

Malkor
Champion of the Light

Post by Malkor » Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:35 pm

I'll likely model sentries, turrets, and other such things myself. I can't model monsters/Zelconian, though, let alone animate them, so I have to rely on The Keep getting those anims at Infinitum into a form I can easily put into KTD.

Update Jan 15

An unexpected developement has occured. Since I upgraded mobo and as a result switched HD's and reinstalled windows, D2 no longer works. I don't have my regular CD's OR my CD key, as my cousins have the cds and the key has gone missing. This is bad, bad news as now there is no way to get D2 working again and it could be months before I get my CD's back. I hope to resolve this soon.
Last edited by Malkor on Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rattlecage
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Rattlecage » Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:23 am

I wish you the best of luck. ;)

Malkor
Champion of the Light

Post by Malkor » Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:59 am

Fear not for my time is still being based largely on KTD.

Until I actually get more mod work done, you can see this thread for music I have personally composed for KTD.

http://forums.samods.com/showthread.php?tid=1137

Comments welcome.

Rattlecage
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Rattlecage » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:06 pm

Hmm... Seems to me that Samods.com has left to join the girl scouts. Does anybody know what happened to it? :?:

Malkor
Champion of the Light

Post by Malkor » Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:55 am

Domain problems unfortunately. Should be solved in a week or so, in which case I'm relaunching my website (The Thorium Heart) and will have forums dedicated to KTD.

In more core news, KTD concepts are shaping in my head. A single major change is that I'm going to be ditching the difficulty system in favour of fifteen acts. I have yet to decide how exactly this will effect Act3+ (I am thinking about outsider campaigns featuring the assaults on the non-primary ships), but in quick terms, KTD will be quite long compared to other mods. Fifteen enormous acts will await you, each filled to the teeth with the Zelconian's traps and tricks. An epic war awaits you in the dunes of the earth and the heart of the wilds.

Current ideas for acts -

Plains of Amnanur - Northern Acheross. Foresty, mountainous.
The Shadow World - Massive Agriomor fortification, deep in the bowles of the Earth.
The Dark Machine - Assault on a the first Assassin ship which is underground and draining Earth's core, as well as effecting weather patterns. A lot of terrain-based dangers here.

Edit:

The final large area of Act1 is under works. The Ritual Grounds of Acromagnus, Bringer of corruption.

"Boy, your work all the way up to this point has been a cakewalk. But now, powers are taking notice. You seek to unravel the work of Anur, Lord and Mentor of Violence. Acromagnus, Bringer of Corruption, knows your final goal here in Kurast - The docks. He's secured the last life line we have, and now you must defeat him.

Acromagnus is unlike any creature you have yet to face. Like Cold Vision, he is of the Mart`Agnur sect, creatures dedicated to corrupting the Earth. He has power far beyond what you have faced so far. While only a lesser in the grand scheme, Acromagnus must be defeated for us to control the docks once more. Be fore warned - he is soley responsible for the downfall of Kurast and much of the Zakarum. You will be seeking to do what the greatest Paladins in the east could not.

The Ritual Grounds are where the Shadows have been collecting the bodies of those who have fallen in battle. Shadows are ressurected here regularily, so expect a great deal of them to be attacking you. The most elite of the Shadow sect, Mind and Death drinkers, will likely be present. These creatures have power over fire and ice realms unlike anything you have yet to see. Be fore warned, child. A careful step is not always a safe one in the Ritual Grounds where Anur is worshipped."

Updated March 09 2004 -
Last edited by Malkor on Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rattlecage
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Rattlecage » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:07 pm

Ok, so samods will be coming back from it's excursion? That's good to hear.

Man, you sure got a good imagination. I can't wait till your mod comes out! It sounds like just the coolest thing.

Malkor
Champion of the Light

Post by Malkor » Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:11 pm

Edit! Edit!

I may be getting hosted at the Keep, so disregard the previous forum note (And that link shouldn't work anyway as I'm no longer part of samods). I need to prepare a site but that shouldn't take too long. Whenever that's sorted out I can release the piles of information I have waiting. ^^
Last edited by Malkor on Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:50 am

That is really cool, it is nice to see Non-Hosted mod projects being updated and eventually getting hosted :)

Keep us posted!

Malkor
Champion of the Light

Post by Malkor » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:58 am

Here's but a taste of the information I'll be releasing when/if KTD gets hosted.

Concepts-

Agriomor;
Psychotic Essence - Zelconian Translation

Agriomors are massive genetic constructions of the Zelconian Empire. From the very moment their eggs start to harden, their minds awaken and they roam the spiritual planes. In KTD, Agriomors first appear as these spirits.

Agriomor Terrors are the result of unhatched Agriomor minds accessing the mortal realm, in this case the ground in front of you. There are three types of spirits.

Terrors -

The young unexperienced minds of the Agriomor young. You can kill them, and easily, but there'll always be an endless supply. It is recommended you are level 5 before dancing toe-to-toe with an Agriomor Terror.

Terror Elites -

The more mature minds, and evolved anchors, of young Agriomor minds. They have the power to kill level 15 characters. They are slow, however, and thus can be taken out from afar. They almost always appear with some sort of enhancement to them.

Agriomor Abominations -

Abominations are the minds of Agriomor young who are about to hatch. Their awareness is peaking and their mental structure is diverse. Abominations will take on entire parties and generally venture alone. That doesn't stop other Zelconian from aiding them in combat, however. They first appear in the Temple of Agony, and make regular appearances in the corrupted ruins thereafter. Avoid them if you cannot take on Elites with undevided ease.

After Agriomors hatch, they are larva-like monsters that tower over players.

Agriomor Hatchling -

Fifteen feet tall, two clawed arms, and a knobbed metal-plated tail. Scared yet? They will take on level fifty players, and turn anyone else in mashed pie.

Agriomor Young -

Older versions of hatchlings by about a few days. Their carapace has hardened, giving them incredible armor against light weapons. If you want to take on these beasts, use Zelconian weaponry, or magic.

Agriomor Enslaver -

Agriomor who have become old enough (Say a week since hatching) to command their lesser brethern, and take roles in attacks. They will appear in the deserts of Acheross, and largely inhabit the Lake of Shadow. They are brutish melee warriors who have small psionic capability.

Agriomor Diamond-Devourer -

As the nickname for these mature creatures imply, they are plated with a carapace that has twice the strength of refined Diamonds. They pack a huge punch and can boost the effeciency of their allies using battle cries. Only dare take on these creatures at level seventy or higher. They will start appearing in Act 4 - The Deep.

Agriomor Kerziadianna -

Agriomors ten weeks or older have achieved "teen" status, known as Kerziadianna. They drink the blood of any non-Zelconian they find, and use the bones of their victims to construct massive magical weapons, usually double axes, and add to their collection by hunting. Like Kron warriors, they are usually sent out to another distant plane now to kill and learn. What a better opportunity than to fight the hero who's been causing havoc for an invasion? You'll encounter plenty of these experienced warriors in the Path of Eternity, and in the Temples of Galor.

Agriomor Nekrida -

Adults. If you've ever wanted to know what it'd feel like having four hundred thousand starved undead wolves surrounding you with nothing to fight them with but a bent twig, your wishes have been answered. Nekrida Agriomors are four classes from achieving Templar status of their sect. They know no mercy, and they will crush every last bone in your body before you even see them. By now, Agriomor creatures are four months old, and have advanced psionic abilities. Approaching these creatures without an entire army at your side is suicidal.

What other classes of the Agriomor await you in the temples of old? Well, only when you see them before you will you know the answer.
Concept - Kron Sect
Kron;
Bringer of Light

Members of the Kron sect are few, but in return, they are extremely skilled warriors. Straight from creation, they are trained almost daily in the arts of the mind, the word, and the sword. They are extremely intelligent, strong, and mighty. They hold such a religious position in the Zelconian that they must be able to do any challenge the Galorians bring to them, and that happens often.

After four years of intense training, Kron warriors are almost always sent to another dimension with their weapon of choice, and a bomber craft. The bombers are sent from carriers, the same kind that invaded Earth in KTD, and thrown through wormholes. The Galorians never usually know where the warriors go, but they have always returned. Not once have their children failed, and that is one of the reasons why the Kron are so highly regarded.

Kron defilers are more attuned with the mind than any other member of the Zelconian Empire. They all recieve private training from a member of the Galorians at least once, and always eventually achieve Templar status in the temples of Galor. These temples are so highly praised that if they have entire fleets defending them.

Khan The Destroyer is an ascended Kron defiler. Torragah is an Ascended Kron Defiler as well, but of a lesser status and power.

Classes>

Kron Warrior-

Basic warriors. They are the high commanders of the invasion, and as a result are your eventual targets. They are all excellent pilots of their ships, and great warriors. They will never be easy to fight, especially if they know you're coming, and that is always. The lowest level Kron warrior is ninety.

Kron Templar-

Templar are the spiritual warriors of the Temples in the realm of the Zelconian Empire. Their internal purpose is to help train the other sects... and to fight. They have hundreds, sometimes thousands, of years of experience to back them up. They know more about you than you yourself do, and are not afraid of you in the least. They know many tricks, including the ability to clone themselves instantly. It would be a wise decision to avoid them, even if you cannot.

Ascended Kron Warrior-

They see you, and you die. Enough said.

Ascended Kron Warriors are so highly revered, and so hard to become, that only a few exist in the entirety of the Zelconian Empire. They are tens of thousands of years old, and are so divine that their thoughts are answered immediately by their order. They have direct links to the Galorians, and commune with them almost daily. Ascended Kron Defilers have also been to the Nexus of Galor itself, and recieved blessings from the divine ascendants of the Galorians. The death of such a being as never happened, and never once have they failed in what they sought out to do.

But you want to change this, don't you? Members of the Ascended for any sect are always incredibly powerful beings, both in the spirit and the body. Thinking of taking them on without equal power is a futile and fatal mistake.

You have been warned.

Important figures of the Kron Sect:

Torragah
Bringer of the Flame

Torragah is an Ascended Kron Defiler of the medium class. His personality is one of digilent but overwhelmingly destructive intentions. Torragah is among the few Zelconian who actually longs for someone to strike back. He desires to face an equal opponent in close quarters combat to show questioning leaders his true power.

Torragah fights using destruction to its utmost efficiency. However, he is more dangerous to a party than a solo player. He commands the realm of fire and plasma, therefore fire resist is a requirement for survival. Close-up, he can flash-freeze opponents, and strike them down with his massive pike.

Known abilities:

Wave of the Undying Dead
Torragah focuses his mind to pure death and destruction. A shockwave of black energy shoots outwards, razing and consuming all in its path. The shockwave leaves behind a dominion of fire, turning those who somehow survived into fried adventurer.

Spire of Shadow
Torragah focuses his mind on a single object, and hurls forth a stream of light-absorbing energy, devouring the object's life force into himself.

Khan The Destroyer
Bringer of the Next Age

Khan is mysterious in personality. Once Torragah is defeated, Khan flees back to the realm of Galor to bring the newly-ressurected Six back to the mortal plane, and launch a second invasion. The only way to deter Khan's malicious actions is to prove to him Humanity will not fall. You must track his ship, and assault the largest citadel ever constructed by the Zelconian - The Temple of Galor.

Khan The Destroyer is an immensely intelligent warrior, an Ascended Kron Defiler of the highest order. In his body the Zelhan Oversoul fuels his actions with the eternal flame of Galor itself, allowing him to achieve limitless power.

Khan is a cunning warrior. He uses both destruction and unity to bring down his foes. He wields the Galorian-made Null blade, rumored to be known as merely 'Justice'. This blade can focus power to destroy cities in seconds. In order to face off with the warrior on equal terms, you will need to attain the kind of power that even gods would fear.

Khan is known to be very cloaked. He has yet to reveal his abilities, or his true weapons compliment. He is at all times guarded by the Elites of all sects.

Khan doesn't hate you for defeating his armies, ruining his first invasion, or leading to the destruction of four of his finest ships. He doesn't hate you for temporarily delaying his elites, or for defying him. He does, however, hate you for defiling his sacred temple, and destroying his Sentry Control Center.

He will indeed give you a warm welcome.

Concept - Sentries
Sentries are the automated defenders of ships, temples, and mutation grounds for sects that need that.

Zelconians are all very proud warriors, but they aren't dumb. They recognize the need for a reliable defense, and sometimes crew just won't do. Technicians have for centuries worked on viable weapons, computers, and eventually came up with a class of units known simply as Sentries.

Sentry Classes -

Maylann Scout -

Helicopters, dual-rotor, much like an osprey. Maylann's were based on simple hover technology, and equipped with power sensors and a beacon system to direct the stronger and slower Enforcers to an intruder. They are fast, but realitively easy to destroy.

Weapon:
8MM Supression-fire autogun
Abilities:
Call for help

Maylann Enforcer -

Enforcers are also osprey-like in appearance, but have a large factor in their difference from Scouts - They fire homing missiles. Enforcers are armed with a powerful guided missile system complete with E2M reloading technology and incredible accuracy, even on small targets. Alone, Enforcers won't pose a tremendous problem, but assaulting a well-guarded Enforcer-controlled dominion is suicidal. Enforcers have an advantage of range to make up for their low health, but characters like the Amazon or the Fallen Templar will be able to catch them from afar with either arrows or spells.

Weapon:
20mm Mental-Seeker rocket. Can be; Napalm, Liquid Nitrogen, HE, Gravital, Acid.
Abilities:
Inferno Laser

Shield Tank -

Shield Tanks are small, dome-like sleek hover vehicles that have a triple-barreled flare cannon. They are not very fast, but they pack a wallop, and are nearly impervious to physical damage. They must be approached using magic.

Weapon:
60mm flare cannon. Modes; Napalm, HE, Freezing, Ion
Abilities:
Ram; Shield Tanks can ram you and injure your legs(slowing you greatly), or kill you.

Security Drone -

These small jet-like craft are patrollers almost exclusive to Assassin ship control decks. They fire rapid sprays of laser beams when approached, and dart away if enemies get too close. They are pesky, but not entirely deadly to characters with high fire resist...

Weapon:
Gatling Deimos Cannon; Plasma Type, leaves behind little fires.

Abilities:
Overdrive

Security Deturner -

...Until you meet these guys. Deturners are large, bulky craft that fire 140mm cruise missiles from extreme range. These cruise missiles carry an atomic warhead. No more screwing around - these guys will turn you into molten pie if you do not evade their impressive splash radii. In addition, later Deturner classes can fire warheads that carry liquid nitrogen, or even anti-matter. They are the ultimate sentry type. When escorted by other automated units or Zelconian, their power is extended by their ability to shoot at you with impunity.

Weapon:

140mm Cruise missile launcher tubes. Modes; Nuclear, Liquid Nitrogen, Deimos, Anti-matter

Abilities:
Crystal Armor
Spawns with Drone escorts
Last edited by Malkor on Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rattlecage
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Rattlecage » Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:52 pm

Just curious, what's the max level for your mod?

Malkor
Champion of the Light

Post by Malkor » Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:32 am

Max level is 250.

Bran

Post by Bran » Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:45 am

wow u have quite a good imagination, u also must have good modding skills to be able to make all that!

Malkor
Champion of the Light

Post by Malkor » Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:52 am

I don't have much in the way of modding skills yet, especially in spell/gfx editing. Hopefully that changes soon.

Edit: Act2 is under way. However I am in particular need of someone who can handle dcc/.cof/.d2 editing. If you are one such person who can help me, please PM me.
Last edited by Malkor on Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:52 am

Malkor";p="162392" wrote:I am in particular need of someone who can handle dcc/.cof/.d2 editing. If you are one such person who can help me, please PM me.
Do you need someone to work these files for you, or simply to help you solve problems with editing such files?

That's a whole lot of information you put in that post above, I hope to read it carefully soon :)

Malkor
Champion of the Light

Post by Malkor » Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:34 pm

I need someone to edit cof/.d2 files and the like to get dcc files at Infinitum to work ingame. Honestly I simply don't have the time for that right now, and probably won't for a fair while (until KTD is nearly complete, which could take a LONG time).

Edit: I could also use someone who's good at making unique/set/yadda items or is good at spell editing. KTD will be adding more than three hundred new unique and set items, as well as entirely changing existing ones. KTD will also be adding four new "Grades" of item quality (Great, Greater, Ascendant, and God) as well as many new variations of item types (Battle mace, Hedgewing axes, executioner axes, etc.), all of which will have unique and set versions from the rich storyline of KTD. This kind of work has yet to begin namely due to my inexperience in modding. Right now I am occupied with balancing the barebone completion of act1, then will be making act2 functional and begin adding sublevels and further going on in mapping.

edit: KTD has slown down to a near stop due to my inability to do anything and other projects taking priority. Still waiting for someone who can help with monster graphics, but the chances of that someone coming are non-existent now. It's going to be a long and hard road ahead.

edit: I've given up looking for someone to help with monster graphics. Quite clearly, there is no one who can help me. KTD hasn't move an inch since I last ran into map problems weeks ago, and it is unlikely it's going to move for a very long time, and though it pains me to say this, "if ever".
I don't consider KTD to be ambitious. Too far-strung. I just don't consider myself capable of doing it. I am a newbie, and I can't change that. And if I poured all of my time into trying to master the arts of d2 modding... would it be worth it? Right now, it doesn't seem like it.

Therefore, until I find someone who can help me, KTD is on hold.
Last edited by Malkor on Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “The Sandbox”