Gonna take a short break from modding

Information and updates for the Cryptforge mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Zhoulomcrist

No votes

Total votes: 0

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Gonna take a short break from modding

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:40 am

Since I just got the Warcraft III expansion, I'm gonna take a week or two off from the mod to play the expansion.

I'm getting burned out on modding after making it my primary focus of operation for the past few months. I had hoped to have this released some time ago. But, since I'm going for a non-rush release of the next version, the time has been stretched considerably.

A bit of good news, however, is that it's very likely that I'll pump out the first release before all the cosmetic changes to the maps (new tiles, color, etc...) takes place. However, the layout of the maps (mainly the warps, moreso than the cosmetic design of the maps) will be intact to reflect the new areas represented in CryptForge.

So, that will give people a chance to give me some bug reports and balance reports while the cosmetic enhancements are being made to the maps after the first release.

What this means for you is a slightly faster release. However, I do plan to have everything else done (NPC cosmetic changes, name changes, dialog alterations, items, etc...) before the release.

I'll be back in a week or two to continue the operation of the project. But, before I go, I'm gonna update the screenshot page on the site to show new shots that have been posted recently in this forum.
Last edited by Zhoulomcrist on Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

Kiwivagrant
Paladin

Re: Gonna take a short break from modding

Post by Kiwivagrant » Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:51 pm

Awesome, enjoy Warcraft over the next week or too and let those creative neurons regenerate some more. :)

Looking forward to the release.

Kiwivagrant.

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: Gonna take a short break from modding

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:22 pm

Decided to stop by for a quick visit. These forums have gotten the HELL YEAH!!!! treatment during my absence :mrgreen: .

It will be another week before I hammer back into the files again. I'm still fighting on the field of Battle with an army of Undead in WC3: Frozen Throne.

So, next weekend, I'll resume the development of the mod and, hopefully, a release will follow real soon. I'll see you then.

I'm gonna stay around here awhile today to check out the new forum features that are now available. :)
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

Return to “CryptForge”