CryptForge Status Report + Some changes to expect

Information and updates for the Cryptforge mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Zhoulomcrist

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

CryptForge Status Report + Some changes to expect

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:00 pm

Currently, I'm working on changing NPC dialog, quest descriptions, etc... for all ACTs. ACT 1 is done. Now, I've got to begin on ACT II, which will start today.

Some changes will be in effect, mainly to the levels in the mod as opposed to previous versions. They are as follows.....

1. There will no longer be an overworld and underworld route which can be taken by choice of the player.

2. Most single-level dungeons/caverns will be converted to multi-level dungeons using the Extended Levels Plugin.

3. You will get a horadric cube earlier in the game than normal.

4. Music will be changed to an even greater extent than previous versions of the mod. This (The new music) will be available as an optional download but is not required.

5. The latest version of the PlugY Survival Kit by Yohann will be included as it includes features that are important to the CryptForge mod, mainly the 0 Skill Point Per Level option which is implemented because you gain spells in CryptForge by obtaining and using spellbooks rather than by gaining levels.

6. You'll be able to buy rings and amulets off of vendors.

More features will follow as well.
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: CryptForge Status Report + Some changes to expect

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:40 pm

ACT II's dialog, NPC name changes, and quest descriptions are now completed. It's on to ACT III.

Things are progressing well in development. I will update the site when the mod is released as well.
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Mon May 16, 2005 1:57 pm

Hmm, it's been awhile since I've updated. Gonna have to change that with this one :) .

I recently upgraded to 512 DDR Ram from 256 and from a 1.1Ghz Athlon to an Athlon XP 2.1Ghz to compliment the machine :) . So, that took up some time while field-testing it with some of my other games that used to not perform so well and now drive like a dream.

For the mod, I am plugging away at dialog alterations for ACT III. Normally, these would likely be completed by now. But, it has been slowed somewhat by my testing my recent upgrade with other games to see the difference in performance and it was more than a major difference. :mrgreen: .

There's really not much to update on right now beyond that I'm still pounding away at all these dialog changes in the string tables. But, I'll keep you posted as things continue on.

PC-Baal

Post by PC-Baal » Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:37 am

Hi there Z,

If the Underground / Overground route is removed and the other changes made, will it invalidate our characters that myself and others have made in the previous version that was Act 1 only?

It is just that I want to resurrect our team we had going at a LAN, it was great fun to run around with Diablo, Meph & Baal team thru the Act.
Everybody is asking me when we can play the next acts as I was the one the told everyone to play the Mod and everyone enjoyed it.

I keep reading the Front Page every Friday and hoping that I see a post that says "Zhoulomcrist has released Cryptforge" because that day would be awesome!

Laters,
Baal.
Blood for the Blood God!
Skulls for the Throne of Khorne!
- Khorne Champions

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:55 pm

My apologies for my late reply. Been busy with some stuff this past month.

There are many numerous changes that will be in the next version that will likely invalidate previous characters. Removing the underground/overworld system alone wouldn't do it.

But, I have many other changes planned that will do so such as various items being removed that I decided were better off being gone smong other things.

It's gonna be a while before I release. But, I'm still plugging away at it as new ideas keep popping into my head.

So, don't let my lack of replies fool you :mrgreen: .

Return to “CryptForge”