Adding Block Factor to monsters

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Adding Block Factor to monsters

Post by Doub » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:53 pm

Hello guys! its me again...!!
So i want to add block factor to monsters that wield a shield and what i did is:
copied Flock Factor from CharStats.txt and added it as a Column in MonStats.txt, then ofc i simply added the amount of block chance i want on skeletons and corruptrogues but i dont see it working, i havent noticed them blocking at all :(

Ogodei
Senior Moderator
Angel
Italy

Hand-picked

Re: Adding Block Factor to monsters

Post by Ogodei » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:20 pm

Hello,
The columns of the txt files are hardcoded, that's why you don't see any result in copy/pasting a new one (I tried it with summon skills once, but ofc it didn't work :) )

As far as I know, the only way to influence monsters block rate is messing with the "To Block / To Block (N) / To block (H)" columns in monstats.txt .
There's also a 4th column which is "NoShldBlock" that should enable blocking for monsters which do not equip a shield (i.e Doom Knights). If you enable it for corrupt rogues or skeletons they should be able to block even if you don't see any shield.

Another solution would be bestowing them a passive skill via MonProp.txt : You could create a block-enhancing passive that scales with level, and then set the aforementioned skill to specific levels for normal/nightmare/hell in MonProp.txt so that the harder the difficulty the bigger their chance to block.

SpiKe.
Forum Tech Support
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by SpiKe. » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:50 pm

Or simple give them a monprop with Avoid.

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Doub » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:49 am

thanks...

omg... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “General Mod Making”