Question about item_aura, isc.txt, and predefined values

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Jase
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Question about item_aura, isc.txt, and predefined values

Post by Jase » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:16 am

Hey there. Long time no see keep! Still working on my mod from time to time.

I just implemented the D2CharStart plugin that allows you to assign character stats upon character creation, and that's working smoothly. I had a few ideas that would involve using a constantly-on aura to pass stats to monsters - easy enough operation skill-wise.

What I would like to know is this: Since the plugin doesn't give the option of having a parameter and only having a value, is it possible to make an entry in isc.txt that would give a specific aura?

Example: Stat A gives fanaticism aura only and the value determines the level. Stat B gives conviction aura and the same thing.

On that note, I know it's possible to do something similar with reanimated monsters - does anyone know how to do that as well? Would be cool to know, plus
Terran Marine wrote:I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum! And I'm all out of ... agh, forget it!

Return to “General Mod Making”