How to make NPC sell rare items?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

arthas86

How to make NPC sell rare items?

Post by arthas86 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:26 pm

Hi, I am new to modding.

I would like to know if it is possible to allow NPCs to sell rare items in their inventory occasionally, like for example Charsi would sometimes sell a rare Ring Mail, or a rare two handed-sword? What are the txt files that I should be modifying to make this happen?

Appreciate if anyone could provide me some advice on this. :)

JDS
Paladin

Re: How to make NPC sell rare items?

Post by JDS » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:04 pm

It's possible with code edits, but not with TXT edits. But it's not hard to do; I once made them sell unique items every now and then.
I doubt I still have the files though.

arthas86

Re: How to make NPC sell rare items?

Post by arthas86 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:05 pm

I found out some info from this link:viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19537. I did the steps accordingly, i.e: cloned the base items, give a new code for each items, set all cloned items unique attribute to 1 and update the strings.tbl.

I tested out on Charsi's store; and I can see that she is selling the cloned items, however the items' names are in gold color (unique) but do not have any mods at all. It is as if the items are vanilla but with unique gold color name. What other files should I modify?

Return to “General Mod Making”