Anyway to make nercromage misslie change as level progresses

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Jaygore
Paladin

Anyway to make nercromage misslie change as level progresses

Post by Jaygore » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:35 pm

I'd like to make each necromage have their missiles change from a bolt spell to a better spell all the way to a really powerful missile but how do I go about doing this?

Jaygore
Paladin

Re: Anyway to make nercromage misslie change as level progre

Post by Jaygore » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:41 pm

Sorry, I didn't really explain what I meant. I want each mage to start with a bolt spell and as you level skeleton mastery, their missiles would improve and change to a different missile.

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:01 am

Not sure, but I guess it's hardcoded.

Perhaps what's possible, is to change the likelyhood certain skills are used at certain levels.
Meaning: At lvl 1 Each mage has a 100% Chance to use skill 1 and 0% at 2,3,4 and those change every 2-4-6? levels?
Think of Mercenaries who use their skills at different ratios depending on their level and slvl.
Or think of Shadowwarriors who can only use your selected skills.
Or think of Shadowmasters who can use all skills.

However what makes this so hard (if not impossible) is that mages use: Lightning/fire/Ice/Poison spells. So basically that's already 4 different skills and I don't think 16 Skills is possible on 1 monster.

I may be wrong though and have wasted 20 seconds of your life ;-)
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

Ogodei
Senior Moderator
Angel
Italy

Hand-picked

Post by Ogodei » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:28 pm

It's only a single skill. Necromagemissile has a hardcoded function which makes you shoot one of four missiles depending on your S4 or S5 body appearance (in case of the necromages, the S4\S5 are reperesented by their orbs).
The only way I can think of to reach what you want is this:
- In your data\monster folder find SK. now, look for all of the "-WLHTH" dcc files. Copy them and rename them to -RNHTH (antrenamer helps a lot)
- In your data\monster folder find again SK and do the same with COF files.
- Use Animdata Editor to clone the SKWLHTH row and rename the cloned one to SKRNHTH (the new AI you're going to use runs a lot: this DCC\COF part is to avoid flickering\disappearing anims with your mages!)

- Change the AI of your mages from NecroPet to ShadowMaster
- Change "inventory" column of necromages and set it to 1
- Change the Aip's of your necromages as follows:

Code: Select all

Aip1: 20/20/20
Aip2: 36/36/20 (the 20 in the aip2(H) indicates the leash distances. Should you reduce it, your mages will stick closer to you
- Delete your necromages skills from both monstats.txt and skills.txt(sumskill#). That's because the Shadow Master's AI can also use skills via items or monprop, as you're going to do :)
- Under one of the skill# column, insert this[1]:

Skill1: Attack
Sk1Mode: NU
sk1vl: 1
- In monstats2.txt, find your necromage row and insert 999 under the MeleeRng column[1]. Also, set 1 under the "RN" column
- Clone NecromageMissile from skills.txt
- Set the AiType of both your necromage skill and the new one to 5 (ranged spells for the shadow master's ai)
- Clone Necromage1-4 from missiles.txt[2] and edit them as you like. After you've done it, you'll assign the first of the cloned missiles (ID order) to the srvmisile and cltmissile of your skill. Remember that the order to follow is this: Poison, Ice, Fire, Lightning or you might end up with lightning mages throwing fire missiles :)
- Clone the ring row from misc.txt and change its itemcode from "rin" to something else.Do this twice (let's call the new codes dk8 and dk9).
- In UniqueItems.txt, clone an unique ring twice, delete every magic properties it has and write 1 under "nolimit". After that, change its code once from rin to dk8 and once from rin to dk9. Add +1 to NecromageMissile for dk8, and +1 to your new skill for dk9, like this

(dk8 ring skill)
prop1: oskill
par1: necromagemissile
min1\max1: 1\1

(dk9 ring skill)
prop1: oskill
par1: NEWnecromagemissile (your new skill name)
min1\max1: 1\1
- In MonEquip, create 2 new rows for your necromages and assign them your ring as follows

(row1)
monster: necromage
level: 1     (level = the level of the skill that summons the monster)
item1: dk8
loc: rrin
mod1: 7 (= unique quality --> your dummy ring with the old necromagemissile)
eol: 0
(row2)
monster: necromage
level: 10  (level = the level of the skill that summons the monster)
item1: dk9
loc: rrin
mod1: 7 (= unique quality --> your dummy ring with the new skill)
eol: 0
If you want your necromages to gain skill levels as they progress, you can do this:

(in skills.txt, in the Raise Skeletal Mage's row)
aurastat1: item_allskills
aurastatcalc1 : lvl (so basically they get +(skill level) to their skills

OR, in order to get closer to what you want to achieve

aurastatcalc1: (skill('Skeleton Mastery'.lvl)) --> they get bonus to all skills(i.e bonus to the skill they use) depending on your mastery level

[1] This fixes the odd behavior for which ShadowMaster using pets attack in melee even if they're supposed to be spellcasters.
More info here (D point)
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=62883

[2] In this example I made you clone the necromage1-4 missiles, but you can use the missiles you prefer, provided you follow the elemental order described above: what's relevant to the purpose of your necromages is the skill srvdofunc, as thats the one that allows the missiles to match the elemental type (i.e body part)

I hope it helps! Let me know if you still need aid ;)

@gogodanny:
Mercenaries use their skills depending on what you specify in Hireling.txt: It controls which skill(s), which mode, which level, which bonus-per-level and which probability [However, you can also assign them the ShadowMaster's AI and have them fully customizable. Just think that they're equippable. They could also use skills from items ;) ]
The Shadow Warrior mimics your left\right skills because the AI tells her to do so, while the Shadow Master can only use skills with an AiType set (1-13) in skills.txt . Her AI can also include, in their skill list:
- skills from monstats.txt
- skills from skills.txt (sumskill#)
- skills from items (as exemplified above)
- skills from MonProp
- skills from player himself, provided the skill you assign to the player character have an aitype (check the Assassin's vanilla skills: they're all aityped :) ). This is why if you're going to make a skill using pet you should avoid setting an aitype on your character class skills, unless you want it to be a replica of yourself like the Shadow Master is :)

EDIT: Typos

Jaygore
Paladin

Post by Jaygore » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:03 pm

@Ogodei

Holy {filtered} thanks!!! I mean that will take me some time as my modifying skills are pretty basic but I shall give it a shot and let you know where I get :) I really appreciate the effort you put into your response :)

Jaygore
Paladin

Post by Jaygore » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:53 am

Okay so I do have a problem before I start this whole thing. I don't seem to have a SK folder in the monsters folder.

Jaygore
Paladin

Post by Jaygore » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:13 am

Ahh okay thanks. Now I don't really understand how to use the Animdata editor, am I extracting it, loading the .txt file in D2Excel editor cloning it, saving it to the data file and then replacing it back with all the d2 files using MPQEditor?

Jaygore
Paladin

Post by Jaygore » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:20 pm

For setting the RN to 1 I don't have just a siblge RN column, but I have a mRN and lRN do I set those to 1?

Jaygore
Paladin

Post by Jaygore » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:28 pm

Thanks ;D

Jaygore
Paladin

Post by Jaygore » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:40 pm

Also how can I clone the NercroMage Missile skill? Cant figure out how to do it using D2Excel

Ogodei
Senior Moderator
Angel
Italy

Hand-picked

Post by Ogodei » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:45 pm

Try using AFJ Sheet editor. That's the one I use.
While using that program, open the skill.txt file, find "Necromagemissile", left click on the row's number, right click -> row operations -> clone row: it will appear at the very end of the txt.

EDIT: AFJ's sheet editor link here:

https://d2mods.info/filecenter/dload.ph ... le_id=1054
Last edited by Ogodei on Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jaygore
Paladin

Post by Jaygore » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:45 pm

Heh damn you know your stuff ;D thanks again.

Jaygore
Paladin

Post by Jaygore » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:18 am

Okay so I'm at the point of clong the missle in the missile.txt but how exactly will this make it go from a spell missile, progress all th way to some strong bigger missile (i.e ice bolt-ice blast-glacial spike and finally ice orb)

Ogodei
Senior Moderator
Angel
Italy

Hand-picked

Post by Ogodei » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:23 am

Then you have to clone all of the necromage missiles thrice more : As described above, necromage missile uses 4 different type of missiles, one per element. Try starting with the one that comes after the Ice Bolt: Ice Blast. Change the celfile column of your cloned icebolt to "IceBlast" . After that, you need to assign the missile to a skill: In your cloned necromage skill, write the first one of the new necromage missiles

Jaygore
Paladin

Post by Jaygore » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:32 am

Alright I understand. How would I be able to apply it to level though? (I.e ice bolt 1-5 ice blast 6-10 glacial 11-15 and orb 16+?)

Jaygore
Paladin

Post by Jaygore » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:36 am

Ahh okay gotcha :D

Jaygore
Paladin

Post by Jaygore » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:31 am

okay so now where am I putting in the missile id info? Nercromissile skill for srvmisile and cltmissile

Jaygore
Paladin

Post by Jaygore » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:29 pm

But I don't understand, am I just using one code for srvmissile and cltmissile or should I have made multiple clones of Nercromissile in skills.txt for each missile I want them to have?

Return to “General Mod Making”