Nightmare fallens in normal mode

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

kedruk

Nightmare fallens in normal mode

Post by kedruk » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:06 pm

Hi ! I've been editing my .txt files to make my own mode by following the great guides that are explained here, but now i have a problem that i can't solve.

I have increased the area levels and nightmare fallens started to appear in normal mode on act 1, i don't know now how to solve it (i decreased again area lvls, increased the monster lvl of nightmare fallen, etc..)

Then i tried to change the monsters who appears in those single rooms (for example: my main problem is that Andariel is totally surrounded of them), so i change in levels.txt the monsters on that room, from fallen to corrupted rogue, and it worked, now the rogues appears, but fallens are still there too, it happens in every places i've changed that, new monsters appears, but fallens still there...

Any idea about whats happening here ? 8-O

(PS. Thanks for reading me, and excuse me for my crappy english, i do what i can :lol: )

SpiKe.
Forum Tech Support
Champion of the Light
Germany

Re: Nightmare fallens in normal mode

Post by SpiKe. » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:27 pm

If Monster appear that you don't have set to this area via levels.txt, then you should look into the map file of the specific are because there it is possible to set a "firm" amount of monster who always spawn on the same spot.

Desocupado
Forum Regular
Angel
Brazil

Post by Desocupado » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:39 pm

Monsters spawn both from map pieces (fixed) and level generation (modified by settings).
In normal monsters use level from monstats.txt - in nightmare and hell they use the area level.

What exactly is a "nightmare fallen"? is it the lvl 33 version of the regular monster?
Did you set these monster to spawn using level.txt or by edditing the map?
Did you edit a txt without using the fixed txts? (collumns could be moved and it took the level 33)

kedruk

Post by kedruk » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:30 am

Hi guys, thanks for your answers!
If Monster appear that you don't have set to this area via levels.txt, then you should look into the map file of the specific are because there it is possible to set a "firm" amount of monster who always spawn on the same spot.
Monsters spawn both from map pieces (fixed) and level generation (modified by settings).
Alright, i should probably check that map files, about that, could you tell me where can i find some guide about how to access to those files please?
What exactly is a "nightmare fallen"? is it the lvl 33 version of the regular monster?
Did you set these monster to spawn using level.txt or by edditing the map?
Did you edit a txt without using the fixed txts? (collumns could be moved and it took the level 33)
Yeah, i didn't explained myself clearly about "nightmare fallen", i ment that, the version of the monster (actually this is called "Dark one", but is the same monster) which is lvl 33, and deals a lot of dmg for a lvl 10-15 character.

In the levels.txt i took off fallens from all act 1 places, but i should check that map files you guys told me about.

Desocupado
Forum Regular
Angel
Brazil

Post by Desocupado » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:38 am

kedruk" wrote:Yeah, i didn't explained myself clearly about "nightmare fallen", i ment that, the version of the monster (actually this is called "Dark one", but is the same monster) which is lvl 33, and deals a lot of dmg for a lvl 10-15 character.

In the levels.txt i took off fallens from all act 1 places, but i should check that map files you guys told me about.
Darkone is "fallen4" (I think) - are you sure you didn't add it anywhere in monstats.txt or levels.txt?

There are fixed txts that fix some issues with the original files.

The map files require additional skills to manipulate and probably aren't the issue.

kedruk

Post by kedruk » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:07 am

Darkone is "fallen4" (I think) - are you sure you didn't add it anywhere in monstats.txt or levels.txt?

There are fixed txts that fix some issues with the original files.

The map files require additional skills to manipulate and probably aren't the issue.
Yeah, i checked that, at least in monstats.txt im pretty sure there isn't anything wrong in its respective row.

In my levels.txt, i have this:

I added corrupt rogues to catacombs 4, and they appear, but this little guys are there too and they shouldn't.

Well, maybe i just should use the fixed original files and edit them again, i wish to understand whats happening here

(Oh, sorry, i didn't show in which column are these values, that is NumMon, mon1 and mon2)

Desocupado
Forum Regular
Angel
Brazil

Post by Desocupado » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:10 am

Probably something broken. This should help

Fixed 1.13c TXT Files

kedruk

Post by kedruk » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:19 am

Well maybe it was just a bug or something like that, but i replaced the file with a fixed one and now im good. Thanks so much for your help :)

Return to “General Mod Making”