trouble finding aurastat and auracalc

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

lama

trouble finding aurastat and auracalc

Post by lama » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:48 am

Pardon me as I am a total newb at this.

Following the guide here: viewtopic.php?t=30620

I am having trouble finding the aurastat and auracalc

Assuming I did things properly, I extracted the txt files from d2exp.mpq afterwords I followed the instructions as detailed but nowhere in the skills.txt did I find the column with aurastat or auracalc; I also tried going through the other txt files to no avail.

Many thanks,

edit:

I forgot to mention that I use Microsoft Excel to open the txt files under the Delimited function if it matters

Lastly, here's what the row shows for me:

Code: Select all

Sanctuary	119	pal	0	0	1	0	xxx	xxx	xxx	xxx	xxx	xxx	aura	seq	0	1	0	1	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	none	0	24	0	0	0	0	Thorns	Holy Freeze		0	0	0	0	2	5	3	46	1	8	1	0	1	1	1	0	0	5	radius	1	additional radius per level	150	% damage to undead	30	% damage per level	0	?	0	?	undead cannot pass into radius. This aura drains mana (slowly) !	additional radius	1	1	0	0	*Check		0	0	8	0	0	0	0	0	0	mag	8	16	4	4	4	0	0	0	0		768	32000

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Re: trouble finding aurastat and auracalc

Post by Necrolis » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:11 pm

You need to extract the files from patch_d2.mpq; the ones in d2exp.mpq are old and outdated.
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

lama

Post by lama » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:11 pm

Thank you for the reply :)

I tried doing what you suggested but the only files that show up are files with the extension of .xxx, .wav, and .dc6

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm doing something wrong or incorrectly, but here is what I see.
https://imgur.com/xEIYI66

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:18 pm

Have you loaded up a listfile for D2 1.10+? I suggest grabbing listfiles pack at the bottom of the page and pointing MPQ editor to those.
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

lama

Post by lama » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:11 pm

it works beautifully now, can't thank you enough. :D

lama

Post by lama » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:28 am

Well this is embarassing.. I followed everything but when it came time to repackage the files I am hit with this:
https://imgur.com/hvudhxX

that is I was unable to add ..177.dc6 something with parameter is not correct. The strange thing is, I have not alter any values outside skills.txt as per the guide. :(

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:46 am

Some suggestions.

If your unable to get Ladik's mpq editor to work right you can try WinMPQ editor. I've had better luck with WinMPQ.
http://sfsrealm.hopto.org/downloads/WinMPQ.html
If using Vista OS or above make sure to install WinMPQ & its vb6 dependencies as admin.

Be sure to include all the new bin files not just the new bin files for txt files you've changed into your new MPQ,
because they're interlinked. Make sure to leave a copy of Sounds.txt and SoundEnviron.txt in your MPQ to avoid the
shenk bug.
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

Return to “General Mod Making”