How can I modify CubeMain and still get Uber Tristram to work for PlugY 1.13C?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

JustinYummy

How can I modify CubeMain and still get Uber Tristram to work for PlugY 1.13C?

Post by JustinYummy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:16 pm

Using a clean "cubemain.txt" that was extracted from 1.13c patch, and then converting it to a "cubemain.bin" file using 1.10 patch results in the inability to combine keys or organs. I've tried everything I can think of and I can't find a solution. I'm using a modified file for my mod, so the file is being used, I just wanted to point out that it doesn't work even with an unmodified file.

Please let me know if you have a solution!

Edit: Solved. Thank you...
Last edited by JustinYummy on Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kieran
Senior Moderator
Angel
Great Britain

Hand-picked

Re: How can I modify CubeMain and still get Uber Tristram to work for PlugY 1.13C?

Post by Kieran » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:48 pm

Hello,

This is rather confusing.

The file structures for both 1.13c and 1.10 are the same although I don't think this is your problem.

I think looking at what you are trying to achieve you have missing items in misc.txt.

I haven't played Expansion for some time, least of all vanilla. What is supposed to happen when you cube those items? Do these open portals to other areas? If so then by just adding a cube recipe it wont work. You could be missing map files for different areas for a start least of all the functions to open (presumably) red portals to these zones.

JustinYummy

Re: How can I modify CubeMain and still get Uber Tristram to work for PlugY 1.13C?

Post by JustinYummy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:18 am

Kieran,

Thank you for your reply. I personally do not believe this could be an issue with Misc.bin, as my mod (which is very standard/minimal changes to the base game) does not touch that file.

The keys open up into three different areas at random. (However, if you open 3 up in the same game you'll get one of each always.) The organs always open the same map.

Also simply removing "CubeMain.bin" makes the keys/organs function properly.

I've compared my "CubeMain.txt" to an unaltered one, and they're exactly the same for the keys/organs.

Personally, I believe the issue involves using 1.10 (which doesn't have ubers) to create the .bin files.

I've converted an unaltered "CubeMain.txt" to a .bin using the standard method of generating bins (loading a character in on 1.10 patch) and it still doesnt work. So, the issue is nothing I've personally modified to make it not function.

Here is all my mod does compared to the base game (1.13C): https://pastebin.com/6NQcyxyK

Here is a screenshot of the "CubeMain.txt" where keys/organs are referenced: https://i.gyazo.com/07d7bc7ac89f5f84d49 ... 43672e.png

Here is a screenshot of the files I've modded: https://i.gyazo.com/18b2cebdcf54a76bee5 ... 50bb66.png

Here is a screenshot of "Misc.txt" where keys/organs are referenced: https://i.gyazo.com/d605bd9be2ee7afe680 ... 3fb2ab.png

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:03 am

So you are trying to get Ubers in a 1.10f version of D2 using 1.13c txt files?

IIRC PlugY only enables ubers in SP in versions 1.11+??? Correct me if wrong.

If it does, then you also need to check your levels.txt.
Official Phrozen Keep Discord
Common Modding tools: link
My Resource Packs: link

Kieran
Senior Moderator
Angel
Great Britain

Hand-picked

Post by Kieran » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:00 am

Ubers did not exist in 1.10 if I recall.

This means you are missing things all over the place. Including chunks of code, not just missing text entries.

How you generate a bin file does not change depending on the version. Try not to get caught up on this. A 1.10 bin file works exactly the same as a 1.13 bin file.

JustinYummy

Post by JustinYummy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:22 am

Black_Eternity wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:03 am
So you are trying to get Ubers in a 1.10f version of D2 using 1.13c txt files?

IIRC PlugY only enables ubers in SP in versions 1.11+??? Correct me if wrong.

If it does, then you also need to check your levels.txt.
No, I'm using 1.13C .txt files and then converting them to .bin files using 1.10 (It is to my understanding that you need to use an old version of diablo 2 in order to generate bin files.)

What's the latest version of D2 I can use to generate .bin files? I tried my damnest to get 1.11b to load, but it refuses to :(

I can do ubers fine as long as I remove my CubeMain.bin
Kieran wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:00 am
Ubers did not exist in 1.10 if I recall.

This means you are missing things all over the place. Including chunks of code, not just missing text entries.

How you generate a bin file does not change depending on the version. Try not to get caught up on this. A 1.10 bin file works exactly the same as a 1.13 bin file.
Correct, Ubers were not implemented until 1.11, which is why I'm sure this is the root of the problem.

There seems to be some confusion. Please reread what I said in the OP, and what I said above :S

Thanks everyone.
Last edited by JustinYummy on Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:23 am

-direct -txt works on all versions.
If you're already using 1.13c there should be no need to even touch the txt files, just enable the setting in plugy.ini

JustinYummy

Post by JustinYummy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:31 am

Black_Eternity wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:23 am
-direct -txt works on all versions.
If you're already using 1.13c there should be no need to even touch the txt files, just enable the setting in plugy.ini
What settings do I need to do in PlugY.ini to read .txt files? / How do i do -direct -txt in D2SE

you don't need bin files? O_O that would have saved me hours of frustration in the past....

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:43 am

Once again, you shouldn't have to even touch the txt files, meaning you don't need to use the command line parameters.
But you have to make sure that PlugY itself has Ubers enabled.

PlugY.ini:
[UBER QUEST]
ActiveUberQuest=1

JustinYummy

Post by JustinYummy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:57 am

Black_Eternity wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:43 am
Once again, you shouldn't have to even touch the txt files, meaning you don't need to use the command line parameters.
But you have to make sure that PlugY itself has Ubers enabled.

PlugY.ini:
[UBER QUEST]
ActiveUberQuest=1
Oh...that's what you meant...yeah I know that...that isn't the issue, lol...it's activated! It works fine as long as I don't have CubeMain.bin!

If you know a way for D2SE/PlugY to read CubeMain.txt without the need of CubeMain.bin, then please explain how to do this more clearly in detail, because I don't know how.
Last edited by JustinYummy on Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:58 am

So you're trying to modify cubemain or what? I fail to see the issue here then.
If yes, you should read around some more. An exorbitant amount of people have been walked through how to start basic modding in the last six months.

JustinYummy

Post by JustinYummy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:18 am

Okay I will try to explain this in as much detail as I possibly can.

I'm using PlugY v.11.02 and D2SE v2.2.0 on Patch 1.13C to play normally.

I made a mod that does a few simple things such as increasing drop rate of unique and sets, among other basic things.

I've modded my CubeMain.txt so that you only need two flawless gems, and two runes of any kind to upgrade to the next level (instead of the default 3 required), among other things.

After I'm done with my changes to "CubeMain.txt", I place the "CubeMain.txt" inside of the folder "data/global/excel" folder on a separate install of Diablo with patch 1.10 in order to convert the modified "CubeMain.txt" to "CubeMain.bin"

Then after placing that newly created CubeMain.bin into my 1.13C's excel folder, I'm no longer able to transmute keys or organs. I believe this is due to the fact that I'm converting the CubeMain.txt file to CubeMain.bin file using 1.10 where Ubers have not yet been added to the game. I'm also unable to transmute keys or organs even if I convert an unmodified CubeMain.txt to CubeMain.bin, thus proving that the problem is not from any modifications I've made.

Now, my question is: Is there anyway I can generate a .bin file besides the way I've been doing it? From what you said before are you implying that there is a way for D2SE/PlugY to read my "CubeMain.txt" without the need to convert it to a .bin? If so, I'm positive this will solve my problem.

However, I have no idea how to accomplish this.

P.S. I've spent a {filtered} load of time trying to learn as much as I can about this crap. There is a lot to learn though, and I'm not the smartest guy in the world.

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:34 am

First I need to understand exactly how you're loading you mod through D2SE, because the way you make it sound is as if you're loading the base 1.13c core, and not the MyMod setup.
All you need are three simple things to get it to work.

1. The MyMod plugin (located in the original D2SE topic itself)
2. -Direct -Txt setting enabled in D2SE_Setup.ini (inside the MyMod folder)
3. You're .txt files inside MyMod\data\global\excel\

JustinYummy

Post by JustinYummy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:34 am

Black_Eternity wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:34 am
First I need to understand exactly how you're loading you mod through D2SE, because the way you make it sound is as if you're loading the base 1.13c core, and not the MyMod setup.
All you need are three simple things to get it to work.

1. The MyMod plugin (located in the original D2SE topic itself)
2. -Direct -Txt setting enabled in D2SE_Setup.ini (inside the MyMod folder)
3. You're .txt files inside MyMod\data\global\excel\
Using the method above to convert my modified .txt's to .bin's I place the modified .bin's in this folder: https://i.gyazo.com/a4d9c959305f61ca6f6 ... cf7c45.png

and then i just run D2SE as normal.

I don't think I have the MyMod Plugin, so I will go look into that now.

I've been doing it the hard way this whole time if that works. (It's the way I saw to do it inside the beginner's guide)

yes i was using the base 1.13c core this whole time.

Edit:

Well it worked. So many hours wasted...countless....hours.... Lol............................................................................................................

Thank you very much for your patience...

Seems I was right about the problem though!...Too bad I didn't know you could do it this way, Lol...i am so dead right now...i could puke

Just got into the modding scene a couple months ago...quit diablo 2 back in 2009 lol...

Kieran
Senior Moderator
Angel
Great Britain

Hand-picked

Post by Kieran » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:41 am

Just to clarify for you mate you don't need to run a version of 1.10 to generate bin files.

1.13c will do it just fine.

JustinYummy

Post by JustinYummy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:03 pm

Kieran wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:41 am
Just to clarify for you mate you don't need to run a version of 1.10 to generate bin files.

I was under the impression that you NEEDED .bin files for this type of modding to work.

:facepalm:

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:11 pm

JustinYummy wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:03 pm
I was under the impression that you NEEDED .bin files for this type of modding to work.
Well you do, but it's something that the game does on it's own. (for the most part)
You only need them when distributing your mod.

Kieran
Senior Moderator
Angel
Great Britain

Hand-picked

Post by Kieran » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:52 pm

JustinYummy wrote:
Kieran wrote:

You do but 1.13 generates them the same as 1.10 does.

Kieran
Senior Moderator
Angel
Great Britain

Hand-picked

Post by Kieran » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:52 pm

JustinYummy wrote:
Kieran wrote:

You do but 1.13 generates them the same as 1.10 does.

Return to “General Mod Making”