Legend about Nine Demons

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.

100%

Total votes: 2

SheX - Lost Mage
Paladin
Liechtenstein

Post by SheX - Lost Mage » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:06 am

R.K.G.
you can play in this mod on tcp/ip, sorry don't know about hamatchi
Last edited by SheX - Lost Mage on Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

R.K.G.

Post by R.K.G. » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:07 pm

[quote=SheX - Lost Mage";p="402295"]R.K.G.
you can play in this mod on tcp/ip, sorry don't know about hamatchi[/quote]
im just having trouble finding people to play with

SHURA_BR

Re: Legend about Nine Demons

Post by SHURA_BR » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:37 pm

I noticed some things when playing this mod:

You changed the "whirlwind" skill (barbarian/demon of battle) drastically. I'd like to know if the "clones" do players' dmg+the magic dmg shown or just the magic dmg. Because if it's just the magic dmg then that skill probably will get too weak coz there are no synergies for it :cry: . Maybe it would be better to leave it like it was before (like in vanilla). Anyways, I was forced to start some other class after I saw that.

The skill level gems give is randomized every certain fraction of second (not from gem to gem). Was this really supposed to happen?

Necromancer's(or Demon of Death's) summon skills aren't showing the correct number of minions the player can summon. My skill says I can have 32 skeletons(not those magi ones) when actually I can only summon 12.

I also found a buggy cube recipe: "Any Weapon + 3 Magic Jewel + Ohm Runes = +2.5% Damage/lvl". It was rather unpleasant to lose a hard earned Ohm with a recipe that just doesn't add anything. Probably there are more buggy recipes I didn't try many yet to say.

And check the runewords too coz, for example, Thirst for Knowledge isn't working(It's adding just dmg%, atk rating and light radius)

This mod needs mass bug-checking and bug-fixing, but apart from that the idea is quite nice.

Btw is it ok to post hamachi networks here?
Last edited by SHURA_BR on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:41 am, edited 5 times in total.

RushPwnsX

Post by RushPwnsX » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:45 pm

This mod is unique in look and feel. I especially love that you can rearrange stats and skills.

With that said, it is time for me to complain... I don't like easy mods, in fact I love a good challenge, but this... is not possible to get past a1 in under 4 days on any character (besides the necromancer which takes an hour to do so).

Here is an example: I play Heroic difficulty on the Halo games casually, but I don't enjoy playing Halo 3 on Legendary with all of the skulls on (in solo). If you understand...

This game starts out so retardedly hard that it takes hours to get to level 6. I find myself running back to town 4 times to kill 3 skellies, due to their huge life and damage. The super unique in the den is nearly imposable. And in general this mod is ridiculously unbalanced.

I tried v1.1 first. Although it took awhile, when I got to level 6 things started looking up. I did mf runs off of the super unique then moved onward. After that it was too easy, and leveling was way too easy. Then I tried 1.6 and it is much harder and less doable then ever.

I would complain about the early imms if you couldn't rearrange skills... What is the point of having shrines when curses are so common in the den of evil that it doesn't last for more than a few seconds?

As condescending as this may sound... I don't intend to be condescending, but if your goal is to promote suicide then you are doing a great job, because I want to kill myself after playing a few hours of this. Then when I got to level 6, I noticed that the level requirement for the next set of skills was 10. I killed myself.

This was, of course, before I tried the necromancer. I used amp dmg on the baddies then made my merc do the work. Then summoned skellies and, from then on out, used amp damage as my main "attack".

The combo above completely tears apart the enemy forces. This is obviously contrary to all other classes in this mod. The necromancer plays at the difficulty that it should be for all characters. Leveling was simple for the necromancer. BTW, one low level skellie would pwn any lvl 1 char. Wait... I take it back... the necromancer is too powerful.

For example: What is the difference between several 10 damage charged bolts and 4 100 damage skellies? ALOT

Why did you increase the level requirement for skills? It is not possible to get to level 10 doing 1/20 of the life of the monsters in THE FIRST AREA.
I suppose your excuse is the increased drop rates and the possible items are much better. Not damage-wise that is. But how does one get these items when they can barely kill the easiest monster in the game at level 6?

I do intend on playing this mod again some day, but not until this mod finds a sort of equilibrium.
Last edited by RushPwnsX on Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:15 pm, edited 11 times in total.
"I'm not giving in to security under pressure
I'm not missing out on the promise of adventure
I'm not giving up on implausible dreams" - Rush

SHURA_BR

Post by SHURA_BR » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:19 am

About the difficulty, I must disagree with you, rush. I mean, at least in my point of view, mods are supposed to be harder than vanilla, and way harder. The only reason why I started playing mods is because I wanted something more challenging than vanilla.
Yet, I'm not saying this one is easy at the start, it is quite hard for most classes (and I dont see how it could get easier for some classes even later) but that's why it should be a good idea to start an easy class first and use it to make things easier for the harder ones.

SHURA_BR

Post by SHURA_BR » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:22 am

Hey Shex, there's a crash in act 2. Whenever I try to attack that unique you put in the halls of the dead lvl 3 (jenny or something) the game just closes. :OI:

Thankfully, it's not needed to kill her to progress with the game, but she probably gives a good exp.

SheX - Lost Mage
Paladin
Liechtenstein

Post by SheX - Lost Mage » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:05 am

[quote=SHURA_BR";p="404045"]Hey Shex, there's a crash in act 2.[/quote] I know about this bug. You can kill her from distance and then problems will not be.

DavidB111
Paladin

Post by DavidB111 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:37 pm

<the Dark Lord awakens from his slumber>

Hello, everyone. I've been busy, got a new computer and all.

Just thought I'd post in this topic. Rush, you are correct. This mod is hardcore personified. It makes hardcore in Vanilla against iron maiden look fun. :)

There is a big difference between hard, Shex, and you too, SHURA, and beyond Nintendo hard.
8-O

I've played this mod before, and like countless others, it's almost unplayable becasue of massive unbalanced monster damage. It's barely negated by adjusing plugy to give 40 stat points per level up. Yes, I said barely...

This mod, along with Kindom of Tenai, Battle for Elements, and possibly Zy-EL, are the hardest mods for any game I have played in my life. This inculdes all Angband varients, (google it) Doom on Nightmare mode, and all Contra games...

Yes, there are difficult mods, I accept that, but when Hell Difficulty in Vanilla is easier than Act 1 normal, then there's a massive balance issue.

SHURA, your logic is flawed. As I've said, this mod makes Contra look easy. On Hard difficulty. I play games to relax and have fun, if you play them to get WTFPWNED by everything. don't think everyone likes it.

I've retired from Diablo II mod playing because it was so hard to find a nice balanced mod. Hell, Kingdom of Tenai was easier than this...

All in All, you need to know that there's a fine line between genius and insanity. Don't allow me to cross it. :)

P.S. I can't wait to get you down here...
<goes back to slumbering and grumbling like the Lord of Hell he is.>
"I am a Golden God!"

"You know, you're a real pain, I can't wait to get you down here."
"Um, well, with all due respect, I'm not a murdering warlord, I'm a member of the fifth estate!"
"Like I said, I can't wait to get you down here."
Lucifer to Nigel, on You are There, Season 6, Xena

SHURA_BR

Post by SHURA_BR » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:58 pm

You can kill her from distance and then problems will not be.
The problem is Im playing my paladin and my summon necro right now, so it's kinda hard to kill her from a big distance. Anyways...awaiting for this bug to be fixed.
And David, as I said in my reply,
in my point of view, mods are supposed to be harder than vanilla, and way harder. The only reason why I started playing mods is because I wanted something more challenging than vanilla.
Yes, this is my opinion, I never said everyone was supposed to like extremely hard games, I'm just exposing my way of thinking.

SheX - Lost Mage
Paladin
Liechtenstein

Post by SheX - Lost Mage » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:21 am

This mod difficult only in the beginning. It is my first mod and I did it for fun, I wanted that in it was difficult to play. Main my project is in development now. There some screenshots from A1...
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/9903/przph6.jpg
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/7631/map02fq3.jpg
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3718/scr1mj7.jpg
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7913/skje2.jpg

------
sorry for my english :)

Alucard66888

Post by Alucard66888 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:27 pm

Hey im having trouble running this mod on my computer. i do what it tells me to but i have vista and its not working

DavidB111
Paladin

Post by DavidB111 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:35 pm

but i have vista and its not working
have vista
Vista
There's your problem! Seriously, Vista probably despises VBscripts, Plugy, and we all know it doesn't like Program file game mods. :)

All joking aside, that might be your problem.
Apologies to 4chan haters...

Damnit, that's the second time I had a double post? WTF is wrong with this forum...
Last edited by DavidB111 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am a Golden God!"

"You know, you're a real pain, I can't wait to get you down here."
"Um, well, with all due respect, I'm not a murdering warlord, I'm a member of the fifth estate!"
"Like I said, I can't wait to get you down here."
Lucifer to Nigel, on You are There, Season 6, Xena

9Demons

Post by 9Demons » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:46 am

Hey all, my friend and I started playing this mod earlier for a break from median/es. so far, i like it a lot =P. For those hamachi users, ive created a hamachi channel.

Name: 9Demons
Password: 9

For those who do not know what hamachi is, its a 3rd party software that makes it much much easier to connect via tcp/ip. and it also offers chat. It is also free. For those who join and can't connect, im pretty knowledgeable and should be able to fix it. Hope to see some people soon!

Btw: nice mod!

mike_89

Post by mike_89 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:16 pm

Hi everyone,

While duelling diablo i get diablo's soulstone and I am wondering what can i do with it?maybe cube recipe or something?

Waiting for your ideas:)Maybe anyone find it to?what can i do with this item?:)

SheX - Lost Mage
Paladin
Liechtenstein

Post by SheX - Lost Mage » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:57 pm

Diablo's Soulstone for secret cube recipe :)

mike_89

Post by mike_89 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:18 pm

I wonder if you could tell us what this secret cube recipe is?Maybe something with those two items you get on the beginning of the game? No idea how to use those soulstones... never mind;)if you could tell, would appreciate it;)

My little suggestion about problem with baal;)I think that there is no bug here, cause have the same problem too but solve it in very easy way. After fighting 5th minion just wait till baal go inside ,,soulstone chamber'' and I am sure you can get inside the area with sheX..:)

I am sure about it, checked it many times and it worked;)

BTW Good Job SheX :)

logger_12

Post by logger_12 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:14 pm

please,Help Me :cry: :cry: i'm using Win7

SheX - Lost Mage
Paladin
Liechtenstein

Post by SheX - Lost Mage » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:24 pm

reinstall

logger_12

Post by logger_12 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:45 pm

This was the error when i run direct by D2loader 1.10.exe.But when i run LAND_mod.vbs i got other error:

Rattlecage
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Rattlecage » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:21 am

That's you problem right there. You're using a loader. It's against the terms of service to talk about such programs in most circumstances.
No beating heart I felt. I brought no sights to the silver lips; no warmth from the gold.

ranging demon dj

Post by ranging demon dj » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:04 am

i have a problem i get this error when i load my character :cry: assertion failure d2common/d2datatbls/d2datatbls.cpp,line #2190
help me

Varskar

Post by Varskar » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:36 pm

For those, who have problems with running the latest version of this mod. (nothing happens after clicking LAND_mod.vbs file).

Solution which worked for me:
- right click on LAND_mod.vbs
- edit
- replacing every "game.exe" with "Diablo II.exe"

lmatthews

Post by lmatthews » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:09 pm

Varskar" wrote:For those, who have problems with running the latest version of this mod. (nothing happens after clicking LAND_mod.vbs file).

Solution which worked for me:
- right click on LAND_mod.vbs
- edit
- replacing every "game.exe" with "Diablo II.exe"

THis Dont Work For ME!!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP!! I WANT TO PLAY!!!!!

SheX - Lost Mage
Paladin
Liechtenstein

Post by SheX - Lost Mage » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 pm

I'm very sorry but mod is unstable and unbalansed. You can try other mods from here or from phrozen keep file center

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:26 pm

I also played with this mod for a while,I played a Sin back then,wasn't so bad...what happened to it???
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”