Dark Alliance - Main Discussion Topic

Information and updates for the Dark Alliance mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: kingpin, Ogodei, Darque, Yohann, afj666, Diabolic Studios Dev

No votes

Total votes: 0

hert

Re: Dark Alliance - Main Discussion Topic

Post by hert » Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:05 am

Buyable Trap scrolls: Click on it in your inventory and a trap will be set where you are standing, and when a monster/monsters come within the radiuis of the trap it explodes(landmine?). This would be useful for those tight corridors and tons of creatures you cant seem to kill, just set the mine, run forward, and drag a group of the guys back over your trap, and then watch them be blown to shredzzzzzzzzzz. :mrgreen:

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:14 am

[quote=hert";p="185021"]Buyable Trap scrolls: Click on it in your inventory and a trap will be set where you are standing, and when a monster/monsters come within the radiuis of the trap it explodes(landmine?). This would be useful for those tight corridors and tons of creatures you cant seem to kill, just set the mine, run forward, and drag a group of the guys back over your trap, and then watch them be blown to shredzzzzzzzzzz. :mrgreen:[/quote]

That's what I already suggested on the Assassin thread, let the assassin be able to make traps to sell to other players :P
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

sPoT
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by sPoT » Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:07 pm

Traps, like in Hellfire. But... In d2 we have much more possibilities ;)
Do you know that every modding question has an answer? Just use the power, click me!
"The Defile" - Forum - currently closed
The best guide for every modmaker!

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:46 pm

Now is the thief cellar finally finished, here is a screenshot how it looks (I have showed it in past, but at that time it wasn't finished). Have also replaced the old anim (Corrupted Rogue) with a new one that fits as a thief better :)

EDIT:

Now we have added the code to restrict what classes that are available. You will not be able to select Barbarian, Assassin, Amazon or Necromancer in the preview version as you can see in this screenshot

EDIT2:

Some more screenshots.

GameSelectScreen

Character Selection Screen

Loading Screen
Last edited by kingpin on Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:31 pm

Thet are really nice, thanks you for these previews, so we had an advance of the mod, for the pleasure of all of us :)
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

hert

Post by hert » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:33 am

I dont know if anyone has asked this yet but are there any levels that have automap or town portals disabled?? or is that not possible? :mrgreen:

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:54 am

I dont know if anyone has asked this yet but are there any levels that have automap or town portals disabled?? or is that not possible?
Yes to both :twisted:

hert

Post by hert » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:23 pm

Awesome!! :D I cant wait to get lost for hours in a dark scary maze!!

sPoT
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by sPoT » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:26 pm

Yeah. Automap - it's one thing, which makes game much easier :(
Do you know that every modding question has an answer? Just use the power, click me!

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:29 pm

We are preparing for future to implement the Diablo 1 show ability system based on kills of that monster type. By implement this, we have been needed to re-write the code for handle what abilities to display.

For preview-version we will use the existing display system. But, with added display for new abilities.

You can see an example down here:

Palgmor's displayed abilities

In this screenshot you see two things.

Base monster type added: Human
Ability added: Immune to stonecurse (several bosses are immune to stonecurse).
Last edited by kingpin on Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:50 am

As our webserver is down. I'm not able to upload screenshots to our usual screenshot server.

I've temporal hosted on imageshack (be aware it's not reliable, so link may not always work).

We have a new screenshots from one of last features that is currently in work of implement.

This screenshot is from the Blood Wood area and then new village there. The NPC you see on the screenshot is a friendly Blood Elf. Outside this village those elf's is not so friendly.

This elf is specialized into one area as you can find on this screenshot.

This is just a preview of it and more details will come about it soon :)
Last edited by kingpin on Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

sPoT
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by sPoT » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:58 am

That's great stuff. I wonder what new eye-candies you have prepared there for your players. Even though the screenshots are temporarily lost, the incoming of the beta is the best information you were able to provide us with ;).

Keep it on Kingpin. You are doing a good job.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:27 am

Here is some new screenshots from Blood Wood.

I'm working on improve this area in same way as I did with Valley of Paradise. This by add new village, quests and improve the map itself.

Blood Wood area will contain the first unfriendly village and yes you will in some way be able to be "friendly" with them. We won't reveal how you do this.

Bridge to the unfriendly village

Unfriendly Blood elf village

Blood Elf Archer

New screenshot added 6-dec
This is an unusual boss. That is part of the Blood Elf story and aswell part of a long quest.

The Singing Tree

New screenshot added 8-dec
This boss is part of a new quest in Blood Wood area. We are continious to improve this area to make it interesting.

Hazmadok The Corrupted Archmage

New elixir with a side effect
This is a new elixir with a side effect as a quest reward. Earlier we have revealed there exist elixir that you can use to increase your stat permanent. But, there exist some other rare elixirs that permanent can change your stats.

Here is a screenshot from a quest reward given by Taran Longhorn then you complete a quest for him.

Taran's Unstable Elixir of skill
Last edited by kingpin on Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Frogemoth

Post by Frogemoth » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:20 pm

Sorry Kingpin but your link to the pic of Hazmadoz is not working, can you fix it?
Sam Carter (SG1): It took us fifteen years and three supercomputers to MacGyver a way to power the gate.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:45 pm

[quote=Frogemoth";p="370523"]Sorry Kingpin but your link to the pic of Hazmadoz is not working, can you fix it?[/quote]

ops, was copy/paste error. It's working fine now :)

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:37 pm

Have a new screenshot from one of the last areas we are working on in first chapter.

The Badlands
This area is the cloest hell you can get in first chapter. It's a warm place populated with monsters who like this environment. The area is burning and pretty much dead. besides since long dead trees.

You can travel between the new outdoor areas throu an ancient portal.

In this screenshot from badlands you see an ancient portal

This area have aswell a village where you will find new npc's, subquests.

What would an area without new dungeons?

The church you see here leads to a dungeon. That for sure will be a challenge. As it's one of the end dungeons in first chapter.

Frogemoth

Post by Frogemoth » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:52 pm

I think the church looks rather small compare to the size of the character, I don't think she would be able to pass through the door :mrgreen:

All in all these are good screenshots.
Sam Carter (SG1): It took us fifteen years and three supercomputers to MacGyver a way to power the gate.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:31 am

A few more from the village in badlands is added. The work on village is almost complete. It's now populated with npc's and have their menues added.

Trader
First we have a standard trader Ray Saur who sell the most useful stuff. This include a village portal scroll to the Badlands.

The Mistral Keep
This is the most challenging dungeon in first chapter. You will find some interesting loots down there if you manage beat it.

The Mistral Keep cannot be entered in normal way. You will need to gain access to it by get the key to unlock the first level in the dungeon.

There is a guardian outside The Mistral Keep called Nandros, The Mistral Keep Guardian who is guard the enrtrance.

You will need to complete a prequest to get the key and will aswell get a main quest from him that is related to the Mistral Keep.

The guardian offer the first repeatable quest. First time you do the quest. You will get a decent reward. The other times you will get a minor reward for the effort you put into clear the dungeon.

The Collector
There is a collector named Rhamar, the Darkeye in the village who collects on bodyparts. You can trade your unused bodyparts to him and get a bag back from him. That contains random loot.

The reward from the Collector (new info added 12-feb)

Then you trade bodyparts with the Collector you will get a Collector's bag in return. The bag content is random.

Here is an example of how Collector's bag look.

The bag can example contain this:
Light Healing Potion
Light Mana Potion
Monster Rune (CO)

Nandros, The Mistral Keep Guardian (new info added 13-feb)
Nadros is selling a few rare but expensive items.

Bloodmoon Oil is a rare oil that you can apply on a unique armor only. It's certain expensive. But, you will realise The Mistral Keep is nothing you just will walk down. So, any help will be of great use.

Margosh, Keeper of Light (new info added 13-feb)
Is the first contact players make with the angels. He is here to support the players for a bigger goal than just help guard the village.

He offer some help to the players:
He is selling shield potions that players will have use of in their adventure down in the mistral keep.

One of the Shield potions is: Fire Shield. You can only have one shield active at same time. The last used shield will replace the previous one.
Last edited by kingpin on Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Septar
Paladin

Post by Septar » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:12 am

Kingpin, I've got a question, you're not going to have duplicate merchant sprites, are you?

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:24 am

[quote=Septar";p="376619"]Kingpin, I've got a question, you're not going to have duplicate merchant sprites, are you?[/quote]

In some cases there will. As there is no chance I will be able to add unique anim to every single npc. They are simply to many and resources to npc anims to few.

You have to remember that we are not replace existing npc's. we adding completely new.

Atm. there is start town, and a new village/camp in every new outdoor area.
Would probably need 20-25 completely new anims just for first chapter. to make every npc using an unique look. Now, even if they share anim with existing npc's either in same chapter or any further on. They are unique by itself as several npc's offers things you never seen before :)
Last edited by kingpin on Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

xx230hondaxx

Post by xx230hondaxx » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:19 am

So when dose this mod come out?

sPoT
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by sPoT » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:35 pm

Within 2-4 months if I recall correctly

xx230hondaxx

Post by xx230hondaxx » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:35 pm

cool

sPoT
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by sPoT » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:26 pm

Erm, I mean the preview version comes out within few months

[quote=kingpin";p="372891"]I don't really like give estigmates. that in end normally make people who wait dissapointed. But, in this case. I'm expect myself be ready for release no longer than a few months max. But, it may take alot sooner or slightly longer than expected. That's somethings that always is to expect the work on a mod.[/quote]

So I would say just a few idle months to face :mrgreen:

AdmiralCrackbar
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by AdmiralCrackbar » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:35 am

Which thread should I go to ask questions? I have a ton, and since there doesn't seem to be a readme, it seems like a lot of them are really basic.

My main one right now is how do you use the stat and skill point systems?
Last edited by AdmiralCrackbar on Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Dark Alliance”