Feedback on DA preview version.

Information and updates for the Dark Alliance mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: kingpin, Ogodei, Darque, Yohann, afj666, Diabolic Studios Dev

Hydrozagadka
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Warrior

Feedback on DA preview version.

Post by Hydrozagadka » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:03 pm

I was playing Sorceress. I did go for fire tree, and later added some minions to that.

Difficulty:
I had liked increased difficulty, it was fairly balanced for my char up to the point where I go to the monastery. My Char after doing side quest in new area was to strong with fireball that did over 200dmg. Maybe increase dificulty of that are, and give key to monastery after you "finish" the new area.

I was lucky to find ring that gave +25lp per lvl. I don't think that this is a good idea seems impossible to balance when some char will gain much more lp then others randomly. (sub quest you can alweys finish later, and it solely depends on you if you finish them or not)

There is a problem with how slow you can read sub quest information, and recipe. I advice to have recipe alweys at the top of the text window so you at least will not have to wait so much o read it. (it can be at top, and in the bottom). You could also make less sub quest but make them bigger. Also make the recipe like that

2 internet trolls; 2 apples; 3 empty flask

instead of

2 internet trolls
2 apples
3 empty flask

So you will wait much less before you can read it.

One quest requires you to get couple body parts of fallen shamans. They don't drop often enough, it requires to much grinding, preferably have boss that drop required part, or maybe instead of the boss have some hard to kill monsters that are in specific location that drop required quest items often so it would not feel like killing easy enemies over, and over to get an required item.

Question:
There supposed to be something in quest cave that is under the den of evil? I didn't find anything there.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: Feedback on DA preview version.

Post by kingpin » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:31 pm

Difficulty:
I had liked increased difficulty, it was fairly balanced for my char up to the point where I go to the monastery. My Char after doing side quest in new area was to strong with fireball that did over 200dmg. Maybe increase dificulty of that are, and give key to monastery after you "finish" the new area.
In next public version sorceress is one of classes that is undergo quite large changes. Is it demon cave or any of the new outdoor areas / dungeon (valley of paradise e.tc). I know some parts is abit to easy until it get hard again with certain spec/classes.

I was lucky to find ring that gave +25lp per lvl. I don't think that this is a good idea seems impossible to balance when some char will gain much more lp then others randomly. (sub quest you can alweys finish later, and it solely depends on you if you finish them or not)
Agree this is potentional gamebreaking. But, the extra LP you gain will never matter so much that you can't complete the game without it.

There is a problem with how slow you can read sub quest information, and recipe. I advice to have recipe alweys at the top of the text window so you at least will not have to wait so much o read it. (it can be at top, and in the bottom). You could also make less sub quest but make them bigger. Also make the recipe like that
To be honest it sucks. even with the changes you suggest it wouldn't solve all problems with it.

This is something's that is planned to be revamped and be updated with a much better gui where you get quick overview off the info you need.

Remember what quest this is? it could be the %chance it drop the parts is just to low.

There supposed to be something in quest cave that is under the den of evil? I didn't find anything there.
You need to read the tome of darkness down in den of evil level 1. This will start the initial quest. After that head back to town and you should get further information.

Hydrozagadka
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Warrior

Post by Hydrozagadka » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:36 pm

kingpin" wrote:
Remember what quest this is? it could be the %chance it drop the parts is just to low.
Quest that requires Fallen Shaman parts.
kingpin" wrote:In next public version sorceress is one of classes that is undergo quite large changes. Is it demon cave or any of the new outdoor areas / dungeon (valley of paradise e.tc). I know some parts is abit to easy until it get hard again with certain spec/classes.
In new areas I did deal high dmg but I was also fragile. The easiest was one where there is NPC that buys body parts.

The very easy part was the monastery (whole original road to Andariel, and Andariel wasn't harder then stronger mob in new areas)
kingpin" wrote:You need to read the tome of darkness down in den of evil level 1. This will start the initial quest. After that head back to town and you should get further information.
I did that. I mean that when I did go down there I didn't find anything.

allas
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Paladin

Post by allas » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:21 pm

I did that. I mean that when I did go down there I didn't find anything.
After you rescued Cain, he give you a quest about it (Scroll of Magical Light). The quest may not appear the first time you talk to him, it appear randomly after you reenter the town if I remember right. The quest give you the rest of the information.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:56 am

In new areas I did deal high dmg but I was also fragile. The easiest was one where there is NPC that buys body parts.

The very easy part was the monastery (whole original road to Andariel, and Andariel wasn't harder then stronger mob in new areas)
Monastery is designed to be easier then Valley of Paradise, Badlands, The wastes and other new areas. The way DA is designed the primal evil isn't the end of the act. Instead you continue adventure even after the evil is slain and keep on questing. At some point you will get into fight another main foe for the act (a'ka chapter 2 e.tc). You can see the new areas as middle part between chapters.

The NPC who buy body parts is badlands by the way :)

Return to “Dark Alliance”