installation / recover from crash

Information and updates for the Dark Alliance mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: kingpin, Ogodei, Darque, Yohann, afj666, Diabolic Studios Dev

Xee0n
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Squire

installation / recover from crash

Post by Xee0n » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:05 am

When i've installed the mod i crash when trying to look on the skills, and my regestry is saved on local user rather than local machine (= no recover from crash i think).

Also i had the common.dll problem before it's caused by using the installer u get from downloading via battle.net.

Hope i can get any help, many thanks xee0n

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: installation / recover from crash

Post by kingpin » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:26 am

Is your D2 another language then English?

In that case change this:

plugy.ini

[LANGUAGE]
ActiveChangeLanguage=1
SelectedLanguage=ENG

This will force the language to be english.

then you crash you can use: RecoverDarkAllianceCrash.vbs to restore the original files.

Xee0n
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Squire

Post by Xee0n » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:26 pm

kingpin" wrote:Is your D2 another language then English?

In that case change this:

plugy.ini

[LANGUAGE]
ActiveChangeLanguage=1
SelectedLanguage=ENG

This will force the language to be english.

then you crash you can use: RecoverDarkAllianceCrash.vbs to restore the original files.
Im not using any other language than english so that's not the case. I think its becuse the regestry files are looking for something in local machine rather than local user, im not sure as i've got no experience from regestry, but i think thats it.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:15 pm

It's possible thats the case.

But, let check another thing.

Do you by any chance use another version of plugY then the 5.04 version DA uses.

If you do, you will need to add under:

[GENERAL]
DllToLoad=D2DarkAlliance.dll

Still don't think that is the issue. You will probably sort it by reinstall your D2 and install DA after again.

Xee0n
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Squire

Post by Xee0n » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:11 pm

kingpin" wrote:It's possible thats the case.

But, let check another thing.

Do you by any chance use another version of plugY then the 5.04 version DA uses.

If you do, you will need to add under:

[GENERAL]

Still don't think that is the issue. You will probably sort it by reinstall your D2 and install DA after again.
Reinstalled with both battle.net installer and via CD, and installed DA right after patch.

With cd i get error when checking skill / char info.

With Battle.net installer i get some common.dll error.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:59 pm

DA require 1.10 patch to run. If you use newer version you will for sure get errors.

Xee0n
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Squire

Post by Xee0n » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:29 pm

kingpin" wrote:DA require 1.10 patch to run. If you use newer version you will for sure get errors.
1.10 is used.

marquise

Post by marquise » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:11 pm

Hello , im getting an error while trying to launch the mod. On or more ddl missing or corrupted in D2 core folder ... IM using 1.10f the plugy with came with the Mod and nothing else...

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:20 pm

marquise" wrote:Hello , im getting an error while trying to launch the mod. On or more ddl missing or corrupted in D2 core folder ... IM using 1.10f the plugy with came with the Mod and nothing else...
Do you use english version of your d2 installation? If that's the case I need to see what my other non english players did to get it working.

Also do you run win7/vista? in this is the case it may explain the error as preview version is saddly not compatible with it. It's a pure luck then running in win7/vista to get it working.

marquise

Post by marquise » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:59 pm

kingpin" wrote:
marquise" wrote:Hello , im getting an error while trying to launch the mod. On or more ddl missing or corrupted in D2 core folder ... IM using 1.10f the plugy with came with the Mod and nothing else...
Do you use english version of your d2 installation? If that's the case I need to see what my other non english players did to get it working.

Also do you run win7/vista? in this is the case it may explain the error as preview version is saddly not compatible with it. It's a pure luck then running in win7/vista to get it working.
English , Windows Xp...

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:25 pm

Do you have a plugy installed that you use usually, that is a newer version? in that case it's possible it's a conflict with that.

If you have a PlugY.ini file in your installed d2 dir it will read that over the plugy.ini file in dark alliance.

In that case you will either need to remove that or edit the plugy.ini file and add following row:

If this isn't the case it would be good if you post the error log named D2YYMMDD.txt, would help to identify what's the problem.

marquise

Post by marquise » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:11 pm

im using the plugy which came with the mod, checked it and it was allready like that. No error log , coz D2 is not starting. I get this error every time when i try to launch it.
Attachments
error.JPG
error.JPG (14.28 KiB) Viewed 7770 times

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:22 pm

I'm going install preview version myself and see so not files have become corrupt. If that's the case I will upload new files.

The actual error msg from the popup isn't going help anything saddly. only the D2YYMMDD.txt in your d2 directory will be helpful.

EDIT:

I have test installed Dark Alliance Preview Version (non music release) + Dark Alliance 0.04.08.06.08 patch and it worked fine for me. What release version did you test?

marquise

Post by marquise » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:43 pm

preview patch with music + the same patch.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:16 pm

marquise" wrote:preview patch with music + the same patch.
I have tried out both links with preview version (with music) and both works fine. So it's not the actual download itself.

You could do a test and download a fresh D2Gfx.dll and put it in your installed d2 dir.

marquise

Post by marquise » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:15 pm

Didnt helped... Tryed the recover from crash and many little windows popped up with the same error cannot find dll's or baq extension. Does the means my install is wrong ? Oh and the last error was about D2 registry.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:40 pm

marquise" wrote:Didnt helped... Tryed the recover from crash and many little windows popped up with the same error cannot find dll's or baq extension. Does the means my install is wrong ? Oh and the last error was about D2 registry.
It's possible it will help to reinstall your d2. I would try that atleast (if you didn't reinstall it recently).

The error you have at least sounds like your d2 installation is something's wrong with. As normally it shouldn't be any issues to run Dark Alliance besides if you use win7/vista. But, as you using windows xp that's not the reason.

marquise

Post by marquise » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:19 pm

Ill try to reinstall d2. oh and forgot to say that i have diabolic ingame editor and also d2se in my core folder can that be the problem ?

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:30 pm

marquise" wrote:Ill try to reinstall d2. oh and forgot to say that i have diabolic ingame editor and also d2se in my core folder can that be the problem ?
that depend if it replace any existing d2 dll's.

I know D2se don't work with preview version of DA. But, that is if you try to launch it with D2se launcher.

marquise

Post by marquise » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:16 am

well if i activate Diabolic it will modify a dll cant remember the name. But tried without that tho. Also tryed with d2se , that wont work. So installed normally and still getting that error. Weird...

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:29 pm

you should start DA with LaunchDarkAlliance.vbs. If you try start it in a different way it wont work

Return to “Dark Alliance”