Xaphan joins the dev team

Information and updates for the Dark Alliance mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: kingpin, Ogodei, Darque, Yohann, afj666, Diabolic Studios Dev

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Xaphan joins the dev team

Post by kingpin » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:22 pm

All who been playing Xaphan's mod knows for sure who he is.

He is joining the dev team to work on a future project, this means he isn't going to work on dark alliance. He will still work on his own mod, so don't worry that he would stop work on his own great mod.

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Re: Xaphan joins the dev team

Post by jetaman » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:30 pm

What projects if it's not a secret and in what sphere (for ex. code editing)? Or is this about Dreamlands? Would be nice to know what to expect.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:32 pm

Once we are ready to announce something's we will do, but until then you will have to wait.

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:22 am

Its going to be one awesome mod!

Cheers

:)
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

GrandMaitre
Paladin

Post by GrandMaitre » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:50 am

awesome

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:21 pm

man,you people are greedy,please finish what you started before you start something new...again,so many mods leftr unfinished it just is not fair to those mods...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:43 pm

Lucifer666" wrote:man,you people are greedy,please finish what you started before you start something new...again,so many mods leftr unfinished it just is not fair to those mods...
Both of our mods will be finished, don't worry about that.

DA will get new public release this spring, I'm working harder then ever on all my projects.

Also, alot code I do is shared between my projects and that's what have take a huge time for me in dark alliance to fix. The good thing with my dreamland project is that it will help other modders progress with their mods too (ask xaphan how much dreamlands have helped him to do thing's in his mod that wasn't possible without it).

Cai_Miao-BTH
China

Post by Cai_Miao-BTH » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:23 am

for my highest respectation
Translator for Simplified Chinese.
Discord: cai_miao#0861
Translated BTH by onyx, HU by Soulmancer (until 2.x),
LRdO (approved) by Xaphan and Median XL: Sigma by the MXL community.
D2MFC & D2FTM, Modern Font Customize solution for Diablo II

Future project:
- Set of Font with FULL Latin, CHI, JAP and RUS character support. To much time needed.
- BFE by TrueMage - to Simplified Chinese from English
- ES (original) by PerfectCell to Simplified Chinese from English/Japanese
-Touhou Diablo by Bishibosh-A - to English/Japanese from Chinese

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:41 am

Lucifer666" wrote:man,you people are greedy,please finish what you started before you start something new...again,so many mods leftr unfinished it just is not fair to those mods...
+1

We all know whats coming ... :lol: See you in 5 years
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

bleedingapathy
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Paladin

Post by bleedingapathy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:50 am

oh ye of little faith....

Xibalba
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Xibalba » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:29 am

prodigypm" wrote:
+1

We all know whats coming ... :lol: See you in 5 years
He is too busy irl and have a job to take care of like most of us, but we can clearly see that he is trying to fasten up the projects. Creating a team would make his job a lot more easier.
Life is too short to drive boring cars.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:38 am

Indeed you are right Xibalba,

Modding is something's you do because it's fun, not because it should be a second work. We are speeding up things because we want it to progress and working on multiple projects. I have always worked on side projects that never got known to public. If I feel a project is something's I'm going to finish I will release info to public, if I feel it never will be released, I wont mention it. Our new project is to early in progress to reveal anything, but Nephretes have done amazing work so far, and I think everyone would agree it would be a waste if not his talent got into use.

I'm also liking to spend some free time on watch movies and play other games, I usually do so then I don't feel for modding or a new game is released that I have waited for long time.

I wont btw tolerate any kind of flaming, anyone do so risk loose their access to keep (this is a reminder to some people who tend to do so in my threads), so keep this as welcome thread to xaphan and nothing else. If you have any issues you can always pm me.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:16 pm

Just so you know, I'm not doing anything right now for this project. I've joigned the team to give some help on map stuff (wich I like to do), but the project is way too early to even need that currently.

Also, I've decided to help this project because Kingping is helping me with my mod as well with Dreamland, and this project is somehow related to it. I'm giving some of my time in return to his project to thanks him for the help he gave me. Without him, my mod would not be what it is now and what it will be in the future :)

So don't worry for my mod, I'm still working on it, I know it has been a long time since no update, but once it will be updated, you will understand why ;)

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:04 pm

Man,or peoople as i see...you misunderstand me...I did not flame or insult anyone,i said you have taken maybe a bit much to do actually and just so you know,it's guys like you who made me love D2 again and will no doubt do so again with your new works,but it just lasts so god damn long,people HAVE to start asking,you know,it's mostly the reason many a good man left these boards..

and you get offended and start giving exusses where none asked for them...i never intended to force you to speed up anything,just would like to know when i am going to see the wonders of your work,and in the last year it was always "in a couple of months"...

Edit:oh and Prodigy nice to see you lurkin too... 8-O
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:45 pm

Lucifer666" wrote:Man,or peoople as i see...you misunderstand me...I did not flame or insult anyone,i said you have taken maybe a bit much to do actually and just so you know,it's guys like you who made me love D2 again and will no doubt do so again with your new works,but it just lasts so god damn long,people HAVE to start asking,you know,it's mostly the reason many a good man left these boards..

and you get offended and start giving exusses where none asked for them...i never intended to force you to speed up anything,just would like to know when i am going to see the wonders of your work,and in the last year it was always "in a couple of months"...

Edit:oh and Prodigy nice to see you lurkin too... 8-O
Don't worry.

This wasn't related to you at all, those who usually cross the line knows it. It was more a warning if anyone intended to start something's they shouldn't. As I want my forum and keep in general be a friendly place to visit and enjoy.

For Dark Alliance I can't release new update as much as I wish until I have fixed old broken code, as it would be rather unplayable in current state. But, this time I promise it's this spring rather then in a year or two :)

Cai_Miao-BTH
China

Post by Cai_Miao-BTH » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:47 pm

Not only modding if fun. Turning great mods in to your language is also fun :D You can gather lots players with same interest, not limited by language ^_-
Translator for Simplified Chinese.
Discord: cai_miao#0861
Translated BTH by onyx, HU by Soulmancer (until 2.x),
LRdO (approved) by Xaphan and Median XL: Sigma by the MXL community.
D2MFC & D2FTM, Modern Font Customize solution for Diablo II

Future project:
- Set of Font with FULL Latin, CHI, JAP and RUS character support. To much time needed.
- BFE by TrueMage - to Simplified Chinese from English
- ES (original) by PerfectCell to Simplified Chinese from English/Japanese
-Touhou Diablo by Bishibosh-A - to English/Japanese from Chinese

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:13 am

I'm sorry for the reality check Kingpin.Didnt know that the truth is called flame by your logic (Though you were a smart man).Well then let me clarify - 90% of member announcement projects are - Dead , unfinished , in progress (blizzlike) , anything but finished.
When you tell me Im flaming or wrong in someway take a look at your diary of released mods in the last 5 years. You asked for it .
Bye and good luck with your mods.

PS.A man chooses if he believes in something or not.Im against these kinda stuff , wish Xaphan could finish his mod earlier.
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

Return to “Dark Alliance”