Help with Tzar: The burden of the crown animations

This is the place to discuss all issues relating to the manipulation of graphics/animations, sounds, music and cinematics within Diablo 2.

Moderators: Necrolis, Nefarius

Ogodei
Senior Moderator
Angel
Italy

Hand-picked

Help with Tzar: The burden of the crown animations

Post by Ogodei » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:51 am

Hello :) ,

As the title says, I need help in extracting the animations of Tzar: The burden of the Crown. This game uses the ".rle" extension for the unit sprites, and I can't find a program which is able to open them or at least to convert them in .bmp or .gif.
I'd be thankful if someone could give me a piece of advice about what to do or which program is needed.

mikemillaire

Re: Help with Tzar: The burden of the crown animations

Post by mikemillaire » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:03 am

Hi,

RLEs belong in the 90s :mrgreen:
If Photoshop can't handle them, I suggest you try using the Utah Raster Toolkit to convert them to a less ancient format.

Do tell if you get this working. I haven't seen Tzar in ages.

mikemillaire

Post by mikemillaire » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:28 pm

Oh, you're right. The .rle files are indeed a bit different from what Utah can handle. But no worries, I'll help you.

Here is a dedicated rle-bmp converter for Tzar files and an extraction tutorial. There's also a video guide you can follow. Thing is, it's all in Spanish. I guess you could use translator software if that's not a language you read.

Cheers :cool:

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:01 am

As a bulgarian Im really honored to see animations from this epic game as it was from my childhood days.It really gives me nostalgia in big doses , looking forward to see a mod using them.
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

qhw80348
Bulgaria

Post by qhw80348 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:16 am

Hey, hello, guys, I know it's been a couple of years, but does anyone know how to do the same with the .rle files just that with the Rising Kingdoms game? I tried to use it from Tzar, but obviously it's a different algorithm, so it didn't work. As a modding community we have a terrible problem with this, the same with rle.mmp, but it's different, a bit more difficult. It's really important to us, so we're asking where we can.

Return to “Multimedia”