overlap.dc6 issues with 800ctrlpnl7.dc6 - help

This is the place to discuss all issues relating to the manipulation of graphics/animations, sounds, music and cinematics within Diablo 2.

Moderators: Necrolis, Nefarius

og_diablo12

overlap.dc6 issues with 800ctrlpnl7.dc6 - help

Post by og_diablo12 » Mon May 01, 2017 5:31 pm

I want to have the demon hold the health orb and the angel hold the mana orb. Sounds simple, right?... Except when you don't use overlap.dc6 you still see the demon's hands under the angel and when you use it messes up the orb (see attached picture).

Anyone knows what to do?

Thanks
Attachments
angel_line.jpg

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Re: overlap.dc6 issues with 800ctrlpnl7.dc6 - help

Post by HarvestWombs » Mon May 01, 2017 5:56 pm

You use the same approach you did to swap the angel/demon, with overlap.dc6.

Or if your asking to disable overlap? Replace the frames with blank ones.
Official Phrozen Keep Discord
Common Modding tools: link
My Resource Packs: link

og_diablo12

Post by og_diablo12 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:10 pm

Overlap only contains 2 identical black squares. Here are the 3 scenarios I tried so far :
- When using overlap.dc6 as is, the results = the picture I posted.
- I tried using a blank overlap.dc6 (told .ini file not to look for an image) instead and what happens is theres no line at all surrounding the orb.
- When I don't use overlap.dc6, the orb line is perfectly fine but with a monster hand on it.

I've been following a tutorial saying the color palette must be "units". Is that wrong? The problem I see here is all black is automatically made transparent. Then again, if it wasn't, you would see a black background all around the angel and monster...

og_diablo12

Post by og_diablo12 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:44 pm

I tried your idea (swapping overlap images), now I'm even more confused lol. It changes something, but its still not good looking. I don't understand why it changes anything though. As you can see, a partial line that is above the normal orb location.

I will add that the health orb has no issues whatsoever with the normal overlap.dc6 but has the same issues as the mana orb when using the swapped overlap.dc6 version.
Attachments
angel_line_swap.jpg
angel_line_swap.jpg (10.51 KiB) Viewed 2008 times

og_diablo12

Post by og_diablo12 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:48 pm

OK now I get whats going on... overlap.dc6 doesn't use the units palette and its not a black square, am I right? lol If you could tell me which palette I should use I bet I can fix this. Thank you.

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Mon May 01, 2017 9:54 pm

First, edit your posts it will still mark the topic unread.

Second, no overlap is not just a black square, it contains an image that is very minut, the hands that "overlap" the orbs. They are roughly 80x80 frames IIRC. You can either swap them, flip them horizontally, and edit the offsets to match them to the control panel. Or, you can delete the current frames and add blank black frames. If you are using DC6 Creator just click "rem" for remove and then add 2 new frames, it will automatically put small black squares in place.

og_diablo12

Post by og_diablo12 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:36 am

This is what overlap.dc6 looks like. Obviously I didn't choose the right palette, it's one of a few that shows something in the picture. I tried them all. A few shows it as dark grey, but I was wondering which one to use. As you can see the first one matches the mana orb problem pattern perfectly. As I thought the problem comes from the way overlap.dc6 was designed. In game, black is replaced by "nothing" so thats probably why the overlap pictures hides the hands, and also the orb lines. Since the image files containing the demon / angel have an all black background, it will remove the backgroud as well where there's black.

Which means : there's basically no orb line in 800ctrlpnl7 and it will remove the one in the background unless one is added via overlap.dc6. But as you can see the mana orb one only has line bits, go figure why...? It doesn't match the hands pattern so I'm clueless about that.

All I needed to know is which palette to use when exporting so I can modify the image without it turning to a weird color. I guess I'll have to find it on my own.

Also please leave forum moderation to the assigned moderators and don't spread misleading information when you don't know an answer. There are no hands overlapping anything as you can see, and as I said in my previous post leaving it blank will remove 100% of the lines.
Attachments
0001.jpg
0001.jpg (1.11 KiB) Viewed 1989 times
0000.jpg
0000.jpg (1.94 KiB) Viewed 1989 times

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Tue May 02, 2017 1:19 am

Forgive me for not remembering vanilla D2 off the top of my head, but, a quick Google search proved that, yes, they do contain hands.

Now, export/import in units palette so your colors don't get f**ked up in different acts.

If you have any more questions, kindly try searching the forums before your next post.
https://www.google.com/search?q=diablo+ ... 8J4LkarAM:

Return to “Multimedia”