Omens 3D to 2D Converter

This would be the forum for questions about how to work with mod making tools which can be a problem of its own.

Moderator: Paul Siramy

DarkOmen

Omens 3D to 2D Converter

Post by DarkOmen » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:40 pm

Hi Everyone, I would like to introduce my current WIP "Omen3Dto2D".

Update with Export!!!
http://home.graffiti.net/darkling89/Omen3Dto2Dv0.3b.rar

Although still basic it exports the frames at a rate of 4 frames per second.
I am still gonna extend this alot so keep an eye open for new updates :cool:.

btw you cannot change the export rate, the buttons are for future use.

---------------Overview---------------
It all started when I was playing "Mu Online" and got the urge to see if I could find out how to export them to a format I could use. Well guess what, I found a way :twisted:. After Realizing the breakthrough I had made I figured I would try and put them into my all time favorite game
namely D2 :D. And that is where this began.

Omen3Dto2D comes with an example model from "Mu Online" so you can try it out as soon as you download it.

Installation: just Extract the .rar to a folder of your choice

Short Tutorial:

Step1: Open up Omen3Dto2D

Step2: Decrease X Rotation by 45 (you are now in iso view! that was easy :cool: )

Step3: Decrease or Increase Y Rotation by 45 degree Increments to switch directions

Step4: Your model may be too close to the camera to see it all, Hit the Big Minus sign to zoom out

Step5: Your model not in the center of the screen? Use the big arrows you see to Align it where needed.

Step6: Selected Frame Animation!, ok im gonna guess your using the default model ;). Look for the Frame selectors on the right side, keep the first at 1 and take the second to 17. Click the make animation button to the right of the selectors, then click play.

Step7: the model should have animated the idle animation in any view you selected. Heres the frames for the default model 1-17 idle, 18-25 walk, 26-34 attack1, 35-44 attack2, 45-52 gethit, and finally 53-58 Death

Step8: To Export just click the Downward pointing arrow under Export after you have the animation set up the way you need. Tip: Use play to test what the animation is gonna look like. It will Export 1 set at a time at the moment, remember to get the pictures out of the output folder before exporting again, Ctrl + Esc is you best friend.

Adding new models: get a animated .x, .3ds, or .b3d and put the model with all its textures in the CurrentModel folder and rename it to Model.b3d (make sure to move the Default model first).

It is Programmed in my Registered copy of Blitz3D and any model work i do is with my Registered copy of Milkshape3D. (Yeah I know i am a freak for 3d software ;))

----------Features----------
-Ability to load .x, .3ds, or .b3d models (plan to expand in the future)
-256x256 Viewport (Maximum size for any .dcc)
-127,127,127 color background (The transparent color in D2...correct me if i am wrong!!!)
-Rotate Models in any position desired (in 1,5,10,45 degree increments)
-Scale models to any size
-Position the model anywhere on the view
-Select the Frames you wish to Animate
-Great Gui
-Easy to Use (Everything is Mouse driven)
-Small file size (at the moment around 700kb)

----------Planned----------
-Ability to Export Selected Frames as .gif to be converted to .dcc (Top Priority)
-Ability to Change the Animation Speed (Already working on this)
-Ability to support multi-part .dcc (Still thinking about how to accomplish this)
-Fully Open to suggestions (Please! any suggestion will be taken into Consideration)
Last edited by DarkOmen on Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kieran
Senior Moderator
Angel
Great Britain

Hand-picked

Post by Kieran » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:47 pm

Wow nice tool man, only downside I can see to this is people will turn D2 into WoW LOL!

Seriously though this will open many doors for creating some new cool looking monsters.

DarkOmen

Re: Omens 3D to 2D Converter

Post by DarkOmen » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:59 pm

Thanks for the reply, well that really would not be a downside. Since that seems to be the way Blizzard is taking D3 :roll:.

Im Coding Export now hopefully I can have another release tomorrow, and we can start seeing some great graphics plugins.

My first project is gonna be to convert every single "Mu Online" monster i can to .gifs ready to be converted

cla$$ics
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by cla$$ics » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:54 am

I suggest a few things for exports:

Ghoul2 .glm files (Quake 3, not perfect models, but most already have animations)
.MD3 files (Quake 3, again...)
.UKX files (Postal 2, SWAT 4, Unreal Tournament just to name a few off the top of my head)
.IMG files (Grand Theft Auto 3 and up)
.M2 files (WoW :twisted: )
Although done for our needs, mod-makers should like these changes, too.
11/1/08 - COTL; 5/10/09 - Angel; 11/11/09 - Archangel

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:03 pm

[quote=cla$$ics";p="407520"]I suggest a few things for exports:

Ghoul2 .glm files (Quake 3, not perfect models, but most already have animations)
.MD3 files (Quake 3, again...)
.UKX files (Postal 2, SWAT 4, Unreal Tournament just to name a few off the top of my head)
.IMG files (Grand Theft Auto 3 and up)
.M2 files (WoW :twisted: )[/quote]It might be best to stick to RPG type games first ;), especially those that have modes similar to those of diablo, like wc3 or sacred
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

cla$$ics
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by cla$$ics » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:45 am

Well maybe I want a Tommy Vercetti or a Scorn to kill my level 10 barbarian =P
Although done for our needs, mod-makers should like these changes, too.
11/1/08 - COTL; 5/10/09 - Angel; 11/11/09 - Archangel

DarkOmen

Post by DarkOmen » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:22 am

I will be adding support for various formats of models, but I am limited to what blitz can import without a dll. I have some C and C++ coding experience, but even with what i know it will take a little while for me to code the formats and make the .dll blitz compatible.

Formats i plan at the moment are (Warcraft 3 .mdx and yes Wows .M2 ofc :cool:).

I agree with Necrolis lets stick with rpg type models first and then see what happens.

Export is well on its way as well :D, Ive already had a couple of test renders but am still working on the rate that it renders. Im coding a high resolution timer at the moment to make the Converter frame limited so i can make it output 1 image per frame.

Another idea is Necrolis' idea, a full 3d viewport so you can view the model in any way possible without disturbing the current render in any way.

I will let you know of any advancements that i make

Update: The converter now has export, although limited to 4 frames per second at the moment, I will be working on this.

Bugs: Where the export timer isn't synchronized with the Applications frame timer you might get different amounts of frames extracted. I am working on this at the moment.
Last edited by DarkOmen on Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hnhsx

Post by hnhsx » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:36 am

very good! :P

saesa
Czech Republic

Post by saesa » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:32 am

Link is dead, can anyone upload omen converter to filecenter?
PK

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Post by Volf » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:31 pm

Cant find it anywhere but if someone still has it laying around i will add it to fc

Ominous

Oh wow didnt expect this to be here

Post by Ominous » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:35 am

Well at least i now know what my old username was(was wracking my brain trying to remember before i made this account).

I actually got pretty far on this until the laptop that I had crapped out on me and cause me to lose all of my mod progress, source code, and a lot of mu online models converted to dcc(which at the time caused me to rage quit), needless to say i keep backups of work on 2 computers now.

Latest version I made was 1.1a which was a pretty far stretch off of this, I've been looking for it for a while since it may be floating around my house on a CD-rw or flash drive somewhere(no source sadly, since it was just for sharing with friends at the time) and would be useful for my current project.

Then again I've been looking into Paul Siramy's docs about the dcc file format and was thinking about taking a crack at designing a gui based encoder to be used instead of Cv5. I already have experience at creating a model viewer so if i make any progress in that direction I'll redesign one from scratch.

Message for a mod: if you like you can go ahead and disable my first account since i couldn't remember my log in name or password till now. Really sorry about that :(.

Return to “Tools”