D2Inventory : WYSIWYG inventory.txt editing

This would be the forum for questions about how to work with mod making tools which can be a problem of its own.

Moderator: Paul Siramy

Paul Siramy
Retired staff
Principality
France

Hand-picked

D2Inventory : WYSIWYG inventory.txt editing

Post by Paul Siramy » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:32 pm

I don't often make advertisement of a tool, but this one really deserve it.

[Tool] D2Inventory update

Beta testers finished [ D2Inventory ]

D2Inventory is useful for mod-makers that are creating new inventory. Making new "data/global/ui/PANEL" DC6 is not enough for the game : DC6 handles only the graphical part of inventory. You may also have to edit the file "data/global/excel/Inventory.txt" to take into account the new positions of items, or the new position/dimensions of the inventory grid. D2Inventory is designed to display a screen like if you were in-game, and let you move/resize the logical activable parts of the inventory.

It handles all inventory, both 640*480 and 800*600, for players, trade, bank, hireling.... The interface is easy to use, and comes with many options and menus to help the work of a mod maker. Not only that, but EmaStergam also made a pretty good and very detailed PDF User Manual (along with tutorials), directly from the menu "Help / Manual" if you want.

At the time I'm writing this post (12 sept 2010) the tool is also starting to handles DC6 <--> BMP conversions. Right now, it "only" handles borders (data/global/ui/PANEL/800BorderFrame.dc6), but it's really promising.

A very good tool.

emilin_rose

Re: D2Inventory : WYSIWYG inventory.txt editing

Post by emilin_rose » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:27 pm

I keep getting range check error and it won't restart after quick configuration ):

EDIT: it seems to have fixed itself but now i need help getting the modded files into the game. It says to add them to the mod directory but i do not have a mod directory currently. What am i supposed to name it and how do i load it into the game?

Return to “Tools”