[Request] Ds1 Editor & Code edit tool

This would be the forum for questions about how to work with mod making tools which can be a problem of its own.

Moderator: Paul Siramy

PillarsOfGarendall
France

[Request] Ds1 Editor & Code edit tool

Post by PillarsOfGarendall » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:38 pm

Hello, it's been 2 year i follow the website and mod the game, but i would tell something, is this possible that a (day) a professional programmer make the following project ?.

1) Ds1 editor by paul siramy enhanced (exemple)

-A Quick overview of all tiles on the right side
-Faster map loading such as "select your mod directory" load the map directly while reading the .txt files modded of the mod, so that way we don't need to add the modded map to the .mpq, all is direcly read in the mod directory.

-A detailed GUI of the tiles, (description of each bytes) (all *vis detailed).

2) A code edit tool based on 1.13c or higher, which will allow the users to quicly patch the .dll for exemple, a nice GUI which will create red portal easly or even a Function to edit the Hardcoded Skybox ! (maybe add new skybox to our new levels).

Let's take an exemple, you have selected in the dropdown Menu "red portal" you then select in front "level ID" so, you put your level ID, you also select the "act" and then click on "Patch" !.

So this way this is patched easly and you have made a red portal working in a few seconds >!<
This apply too to create new Pspell.

Well this is just a concept for the programmer of d2mods, maybe it's impossible to do (not enough data) since blizzard will never release the Diablo 2 sdk...(about battle.net code) but this would be totaly awesome and this would mean that we can make awesome mods (maybe a total remake of the game) if a day a tool like that exist.

Thanks for reading.

Ps: sorry for the grammar, i'm french xD.
Searching D2Game.dll.pdb of version 1.13c and all the DLL's .pdb if you are an ex blizzard programmer throw me a pm !
Valentin aka Nightshades.

Paul Siramy
Retired staff
Principality
France

Hand-picked

Re: [Request] Ds1 Editor & Code edit tool

Post by Paul Siramy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:22 pm

PillarsOfGarendall" wrote:-A Quick overview of all tiles on the right side
Since I'm [almost] not coding anymore, it's not going to happen. Not by me at least.

But you can use this workaround : since you can open multiple ds1 at the same time (100 at most IIRC), what you can do is make your own special ds1 just for displaying the tiles, and switching from 1 ds1 to another you can quickly copy/paste bunch of tiles at once. your map would be the 1st ds1, and all others ds1 would be for exposing tiles of 1 dt1 only for instance. Well, just think of additional ds1 as "templates" to pick from.
-Faster map loading such as "select your mod directory" load the map directly while reading the .txt files modded of the mod, so that way we don't need to add the modded map to the .mpq, all is direcly read in the mod directory.
You can already do this. From the "Ds1edit.ini" :

Code: Select all

; Paths to the mpqs. When the editor need to read a file from a mpq
; it scan first in mod_dir. If not found, in patch_d2. If not found,
; in d2exp. If again not found, in d2data (just like the game)
; =================================================================
d2char   = c:\program files\diablo II\d2char.mpq
d2data   = c:\program files\diablo II\d2data.mpq
d2exp    = c:\program files\diablo II\d2exp.mpq
patch_d2 = c:\program files\diablo II\patch_d2.mpq
mod_dir  =
That, combined with the LvlPrest_DEF command-line parametrer set to -1 should help.
Or am I misunderstanding something ?

Return to “Tools”