Contest: Kill Baal first and design a unique or runeword!

Information and updates for the d2:elements mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Char

No votes

Total votes: 0

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Contest: Kill Baal first and design a unique or runeword!

Post by Char » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:13 am

The first one to kill Baal on normal difficulty will be allowed to design a runeword or unique item which will then be included in my mod. All you have to do is be quick :).

If you are the first to kill Baal on normal difficulty, you may design a normal item unique or low-level runeword, for killing Baal in NM difficulty, you can do the same for an exceptional unique or mid-level runeword, and for doing it in Hell difficulty, you can design a elite unique or high-level runeword (no Cham or Zod runes in there, though). Of course, you need to speak to me about the item you design, because I do not want a +500% damage ethereal indestructible phase blade in my mod :).

If you think you are the first, post a screenshot of your character here (where one can see that its from d2:elements (put one of the new class-specific items in your inventory for example) and where you have been awarded with your new title).
Please, do not cheat, as that would be really lame. If you have already gotten any pre-release version and want to participate in this contest, please be sure to make a new character, cause otherwise it would be unfair.

Maxx Power
Champion of the Light

Post by Maxx Power » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:15 pm

Does it count if we do it with someone else?

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Post by Char » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:50 pm

How do you mean, "do it with someone else" ? If you start a new character, thats of course fine :). And you can of course participate in the contest then. I just dont want you to level your character which is already level 15 further and then tell you have been the fastest :).

Maxx Power
Champion of the Light

Post by Maxx Power » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:08 pm

Well yeah sure, I mean if I happen to play alongside another person. I like to play MP with D2, and mods are no exception. So if I happen to defeat Baal with assistance of another player would that count?

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Post by Char » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:36 pm

yes, it would... however, you have to fight with the other player about the question "who killed baal first?" then :P

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:47 am

I am sure Maxx and whoever he beats baal with would be able to come up with an interesting compromise for a unique! :) I like the contest idea, but havent started a new character yet to join in it, so am probably already outmatched....let alone my work on other mods including my own...good luck to all who are working to achieve this goal!

Malachai
RIP Charsi's Forge! :)
Surgeon General's Warning: Double posting may be hazardous to your health

Maxx Power
Champion of the Light

Post by Maxx Power » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:43 pm

Well, I won! Actually, I just defeated Baal in Normal. I'm guessing I'm the first. This was with my elemental Druid, who is using Volcano, Tornado, Artic Blast, Ravens and Grizzly.

Here's me claiming my victory over Baal. One thing with Volcano is to deal with as you would deal with telling your girlfriend you've just slept with her sister : From a distance.

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/8426 ... 0010oc.jpg

Here's my lying character sheet with my two main attacks highlighted, Volcano and Tornado. Note the rather nifty resistances I've managed to get going and the fact that energy is spellpower.

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/9306 ... 0029yi.jpg

Here's the Tornado skill highlighted with appropriate synergies and matching damages.

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/9039 ... 0030fo.jpg

And here's my craptacular weapon which I've used since Act 2. We really need some crafting recipes for one-handed caster weapons.

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/739/ ... 0046kl.jpg

K I think I've won, pretty sure I have. Do I get a unique/runeword now?
Last edited by Maxx Power on Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Re: Contest: Kill Baal first and design a unique or runeword

Post by Char » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:44 pm

Congratulations!

You are quite definitely the first, seeing that noone posted here before. If anyone defeated baal before, but just did not post here, its his / her fault.

You got a nice character, and did not forget to invest in both spellpower and vitality. Your HP value is really quite nice, as well as your resistances. I hope you enjoyed your journey towards baal :).

I am not sure if we really need crafting recipes for 1hand caster weapons. Maybe you've just been unlucky (or lucky finding your weapon that early). Even with crafting recipes, it is quite unlikely to get a weapon that has exactly the +to elemental skills or +to druid skills you were looking for. BTW, did you ever consider using 2hand caster weapons or did you find any interesting ones?

You do not "get" a unique you choose, but you first construct the unique (or runeword). You could, for example, design a onehand caster weapon runeword or unique item. You will then be given the designed item :). I am quite sure we got a winner who will design a quite interesting while not overpowered item :). You can contact me and tell me what kind of item you want to have, and it will be included in the next patch.

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Post by Char » Sun May 21, 2006 2:45 am

Hmm. I cannot see your pictures using FireFox, and if I use Internet Explorer, I just get the same picture four times, which is a small picture that says "ModMaker" or something like that, and a lot of things in Chinese. Could you put the pictures somewhere where I can access them (or send them by e-mail) ?

Congratulations to making it through Nightmare, though ;).

letmeone

Post by letmeone » Sun May 21, 2006 5:25 am

sorry for my fault
it is ok now.

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Post by Char » Mon May 22, 2006 1:15 am

Sweet :). Congratulations once again. Though the drop seems to have been rather crappy. Although a unique lance is not that bad after all.

Return to “d2:elements”