Please help in learning code edit.

This forum is for discussions on how to edit what can not be edited through the txt files, needless to say this isn't about battle net hacking.

Moderators: Nefarius, Havvoric

harleckinzz

Please help in learning code edit.

Post by harleckinzz » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:00 pm

I did read all of guides what i found here, but all of them was different then what i saw. I mean that the softwares the offsets, so on. I wanna load external DLLs to D2Launch.dll or D2Win.dll. I have every software like Odbg, PE Explorer, WinHEX, WinASM, SciTE, RadASM, Visual Studio 2015. I found a lot of 1.13c code edits and I also want to make an own External Dll, but maybe I will do in level 1000, now I'm in level -100.

Thank a lot if somebody help a bit in that.

Regards,
harleckinzz

azianX

Re: Please help in learning code edit.

Post by azianX » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:32 am

This post does seem to have some confusion, the most important thing is you need to make sure you're also running version 1.13c of Diablo 2, and are looking for the offests for that version specifically.

Ogodei
Senior Moderator
Angel
Italy

Hand-picked

Re: Please help in learning code edit.

Post by Ogodei » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:44 am

I'm a noob at Code Editing, but I managed to do some edits that I shared with the community. Here's how I learnt to do some basic things:

a. start to learn how OllyDBG works
b. start with tutorials here on the forum (corresponding to the version you're modding, although I'd like to suggest you to mod 1.10f because there are tons of tutorials/plugins for it)
c. Use tutorials to understand the basic of ASM language (i.e what does JMP / JNE mean? how do they work? how can I use them?) and then start doing your first simple edits.
d. Once you've learnt the basics of ollydbg and ASM, think about a feature you'd like to see in D2, then look for a post which talks about it in order to find the right place to modify and try. My attempts at CE have been (and still are) composed by a lot of try-and-crash , but never be afraid of trying! :)

I hope these small tips will help you in moving the first steps.

Cheers!

Return to “Code Editing”