Jetaman's Map Floor Tiles, Walls and Objects

Post here for all aspects of map making and level design. Click here to visit the Keep's official map site, Diabolic Cartography.

Moderator: Paul Siramy

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Jetaman's Map Floor Tiles, Walls and Objects

Post by jetaman » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:24 pm

Hello Phrozen Keep.
I'm announcing that I start working on new map floor tiles, walls and objects. Since I started working with 3ds Max, I gained access to virtually unlimited resource base. Also I have a big collection of 2d sprites from other games. Here I'm presenting 2 packs that I think will look good in D2: The Aztec Pack and The Temple Pack. I will be gradually converting them to D2 and post here. But also I need YOUR help: my knowledge of creating wall tiles is very limited. I tried a few time and failed. I know there are people here who are dying for new tilesets. So, if anybody is ready to help - welcome. To encourage this, I promise some Personal Bonuses (tileset that won't be released to the public) to those who want to help the project :cool: .
Image ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage

Kuss

Re: Jetaman's Map Floor Tiles, Walls and Objects

Post by Kuss » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:06 pm

While they look cool and all, and making new stuff for the game is always welcome, the final say is always trying them in-game to see if they fit (and also if there's any errors).

Have you already tried them in action? They look fine to me, good job. As for me, graphics are not my strong points lol (I can convert a few animations and stuff but no skills in creating gfx from scratch). Might want to try them in Kurast-ish areas

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Post by jetaman » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:32 pm

The problem is that I tried creating new wall dt1 and failed. I'm looking for someone who knows how to do it and will be willing to share their knowledge.

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Post by jetaman » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:41 pm

"The Sewers" - My first attempt to build an isometric map in 3ds Max.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:02 pm

for floor tiles you can use paul's tool to cut it, for walls there is no other way then cut it manually. That's how I did in my mod Dark Alliance for thief cellar. Once you figure it out it's not hard, just take time.

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Post by jetaman » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:50 am

kingpin" wrote:for floor tiles you can use paul's tool to cut it, for walls there is no other way then cut it manually. That's how I did in my mod Dark Alliance for thief cellar. Once you figure it out it's not hard, just take time.
Thanks for your message Kingpin. Actually this thread was created a year ago and back then I didn't have the knowledge, but I didn't stop trying and I finally learned to do it. There are still some minor things that still need to be learned but, with each new tileset I learn a great deal of stuff and continue learning.
here are the previews of my first two tilesets in case someone missed them:

Diablo 3 tileset

TES4:Oblivion tileset

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:27 pm

jetaman" wrote:
kingpin" wrote:for floor tiles you can use paul's tool to cut it, for walls there is no other way then cut it manually. That's how I did in my mod Dark Alliance for thief cellar. Once you figure it out it's not hard, just take time.
Thanks for your message Kingpin. Actually this thread was created a year ago and back then I didn't have the knowledge, but I didn't stop trying and I finally learned to do it. There are still some minor things that still need to be learned but, with each new tileset I learn a great deal of stuff and continue learning.
here are the previews of my first two tilesets in case someone missed them:

Diablo 3 tileset

TES4:Oblivion tileset
Looks good, I was reading up threads I have missed during my abscent :)

For diablo 3 video you can set so walls fade then you is behind it, make it easier walk behind it.

Return to “Map Editing”