nNumClients

Post here for all aspects of map making and level design. Click here to visit the Keep's official map site, Diabolic Cartography.

Moderator: Paul Siramy

Trevor
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Hand-picked

nNumClients

Post by Trevor » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:26 pm

I generate the following error.
D2 Error" wrote:Assertion Failure
Expression: i<ptRoom -> nNumClients
I found only one thread on this error but offers nothing.
viewtopic.php?f=81&t=36221&hilit=nNumClients

I get the error from a large preset map 99*99. I link to the map with Vis0. (tested successfully)
I then added two other warping tiles: Vis2 and Vis3. Both tiles are on the same map. They basically move you from one spot on the map to another. So when you click on Vis2 it takes you to Vis3. It doesn't seem to work.

Is there any way to use a vis tile to link from one spot on a map to another spot on the same map? It doesn't appear so but I thought I'd ask anyway.
AfterMath Overview: http://www.aftermathcentral.com

Following the path of least resistance is what makes rivers and men crooked.
- Author Unknown

Mod Completion: Always under Construction
D2SE Compatible Only

Playing AfterMath v3.0.1 ~ 1020 MB
Released March 31, 2017

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Re: nNumClients

Post by Xaphan » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:56 pm

As far as I know, no it's not possible. It's not possible to have 2 vis from one map to connect to a same other map as well. I know blizzard did this in act 2 (on the palace) but it must be hardcoded.

MarcoNecroX
Paladin

Post by MarcoNecroX » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:59 am

Xaphan" wrote:As far as I know, no it's not possible. It's not possible to have 2 vis from one map to connect to a same other map as well. I know blizzard did this in act 2 (on the palace) but it must be hardcoded.
He isn't trying to switch maps though, so it's not quite the same case as palace.

Either way, no it's definetly not possible. You can however use teleport pads (act 2 object). But they can't be too far aparat (1-2 screen tops, iirc).

weapon-x
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
Philippines

Post by weapon-x » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:20 am

Trevor" wrote:I generate the following error.
D2 Error" wrote:Assertion Failure
Expression: i<ptRoom -> nNumClients
I found only one thread on this error but offers nothing.
viewtopic.php?f=81&t=36221&hilit=nNumClients

I get the error from a large preset map 99*99. I link to the map with Vis0. (tested successfully)
I then added two other warping tiles: Vis2 and Vis3. Both tiles are on the same map. They basically move you from one spot on the map to another. So when you click on Vis2 it takes you to Vis3. It doesn't seem to work.

Is there any way to use a vis tile to link from one spot on a map to another spot on the same map? It doesn't appear so but I thought I'd ask anyway.
i remember being able to do this back when i started mod-making... this is possible but the player can only warp one-way... meaning VisA -> VisB, and VisB -> VisB... something like this if i recall right... though i no longer remember how i did that back then... all i remember is its in Rouge Encampment and i did that purposely to add a custom room/tent for the player :mrgreen:
" It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. "

~Mark Twain

MarcoNecroX
Paladin

Post by MarcoNecroX » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:53 am

Xaphan" wrote:As far as I know, no it's not possible. It's not possible to have 2 vis from one map to connect to a same other map as well. I know blizzard did this in act 2 (on the palace) but it must be hardcoded.
A bit late but, I just tested this and it worked. You can connect two different maps twice. Vis0 will take you to Vis0, Vis1 to Vis1, etc.

Return to “Map Editing”