[Release] DS1 Editor Obj.txt Ultimate Revision

Post here for all aspects of map making and level design. Click here to visit the Keep's official map site, Diabolic Cartography.

Moderator: Paul Siramy

Do you like it ?

Yes
100%
0x90
No votes

Total votes: 1

PillarsOfGarendall
France

[Release] DS1 Editor Obj.txt Ultimate Revision

Post by PillarsOfGarendall » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:10 am

This should be put in Sticky by an admin/moderator he can edit the post if he want as it is a GREAT starting base for every ModMaker.

This is the first release which allow you to use ALL diablo 2 Monsters/Objects/Beta stuff in any act and they are also animated (i carefully reviewed all D2 Game content with Dr.Tester) for the best "rendering" in the Map editor.

Take note that if using the "ancientstatue" outside the act 5 it is not well recommended as the Hardcoded AI will simply not work unless you are in the act 5, I also included all other objects/beta stuff, some of them work and some other have unexpected behavior, For instance you imagine that clicking on the Guild portal will result in a crash since the portal isn't linked to any level.

I did it the best way i could, this doesn't impact the normal Diablo 2 mapping set up as i haven't deleted all the Original Act 1/2/3/4/5 Entry they are here named with -Act 1 Table as instance.

If you are in the map editor mapping for an act 3 Map, you will off course select the Act 3 tab if you want to place any Unit Type 1 or 2 (objects), In case you want to place "Any objects" in act 3 as example you will ALWAYS scroll after the ID "150", ID 150 Is Where the ID "0" Of the Objects.txt Start, off course skip this one as it will crash (un-used data).

Warning: Some entity are only made for certain act so it may trigger crash "worldstoneEffect" and some other weird thing.

There are certains Object that will have "bad palette" but only a very few of them, some of the act 3 objects will not render pretty well in the act 1 but it's very few.

If you are a ModMaker and want to add new Entry you will ALWAYS need to add new entry in MonPreset.txt, Obj.txt must match the rows of MonPreset.txt.

If any bug or mistake, report here and i will fix it 8-O .

The Name of the Unit is composed of the 3 Monstats.txt Column which is like this: Id-NameStr-AI.

---Installation for the wanderer---
Create the following folder structure in your Game Directory: Data\Global\Excel
Place MonPreset.txt inside your Excel folder.
Replace Obj.txt in your DS1 Editor folder\Data
Create a Diablo 2 shortcut and in the target add -w -direct -txt
You have now the power to do anything fun.

---Installation for Median Staff---
Heh with your huge Median Mod i hope you don't have blank label in the editor :oops: ReverseEngine there.

I hope that it will be used cause of 3 days of non-stop Excel, Enjoy making map !
Attachments
DS1 OBJ ULTIMATE REVISION.rar
FIXED TELEPORT PAD ANIMATION
05 June 2017
(48.49 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
Last edited by PillarsOfGarendall on Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:21 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Searching D2Game.dll.pdb of version 1.13c and all the DLL's .pdb if you are an ex blizzard programmer throw me a pm !
Valentin aka Nightshades.

Kieran
Senior Moderator
Angel
Great Britain

Hand-picked

Re: [Preview] DS1 Editor Obj.txt Ultimate Revision

Post by Kieran » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:01 am

Good effort!

Will this be made public? Will save some people a lot of time.

PillarsOfGarendall
France

Post by PillarsOfGarendall » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:29 am

Kieran" wrote:Good effort!

Will this be made public? Will save some people a lot of time.
Yeah once it is done i will post the updated list, this is an huge edit for the map editor (Obj.txt) and also MonPreset.txt, Lot of time using Dr.Tester to use the correct "Animation".

For the Naming i did a quick AutoIT macro, this did a nice parse, the Naming (seem huge) but in reality this was made in a smart way as it is looking like "template".

the name is composed of 3 thing
MonsterID-StringInGame-AIType

That way you know what it is :D .
Searching D2Game.dll.pdb of version 1.13c and all the DLL's .pdb if you are an ex blizzard programmer throw me a pm !

GrandMaitre
Paladin

Post by GrandMaitre » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:36 pm

Very good :)
Will help modders a lot

Lurix
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Bulgaria

Post by Lurix » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:49 am

That will save a lot of time, thumbs up ;)

PillarsOfGarendall
France

Re: [Release] DS1 Editor Obj.txt Ultimate Revision

Post by PillarsOfGarendall » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:51 am

Updated main post, the guild map are really well made ♡_♡ blizzard is a shame lol.

EzRemake

Re: [Release] DS1 Editor Obj.txt Ultimate Revision

Post by EzRemake » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:35 am

Very helpful, thank you for this!

Return to “Map Editing”