1.08 bug reports

Information and updates for the Nezeramontias mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Acromatic Aria

No votes

Total votes: 0

Septar
Paladin

Post by Septar » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:26 am

Yep.
But portable shrines might work for you.

Raidin

Post by Raidin » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:06 pm

I's proud of myself! I found a bug, although it is a minor one.

I have a bruning orb on my druid, and it gives +3 to Molten Boulder (NOT druid only). I have an 18th level molten boulder, from adding skill points into that skill. It's damage is just over 1k with all my mods and stuff. So, when I hit 's' and view my skills, I have two molten boulders, one is lvl 3, and one is lvl 18. The lvl 18 one displays the damage as it should, but when I click on the lvl 3 one, in the character page, it says that the damage is 4444-5609. I thought that was a bit ridiculous, and with all my testing so far, I think I've proven it doesn't in fact do that much damage. *shrugs* Not much but a minor display bug I guess.

Duality

Re: 1.08 bug reports

Post by Duality » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:21 am

Couple of very minor ones.
The uni hand gun bullets "Law of the Land" say + extra gold based on souls collected. But it doesn't say %. Does that mean that the bullets add 7 gold (based on my souls) or 7%?

A sand maggot young dropped a Sand Maggot Young Soul (Nor) in NM instead of a Sand Maggot Young Soul (NT)

Shaddow Stalker souls in NM say +5 throwing (all classes) and +2 throwing, but it doesn't say barb after the +2, is that a typo or? I don't have a barb so I can't test it.

And finally, and most importantly, Java Hail is ABSURDLY overpowered. I had been intending to use LF but I put a point in Hail just to see what it did. I didn't use anything else from act 5 norm to act 4 NM where I am now. Even though my character was supposed to be a bow/java hybrid.

You might want to consider making it like MS where the more points you put in it the more java's you get. And make it so you only start with 5 or 10 instead of the 50 or however many you get now. Since, as it is, I can wipe out entire areas without any sweat, and it only took 1 point in it. Reducing the weapon damage to 3/4 might work/help as well.

SillyGreenMonkey
Paladin

Post by SillyGreenMonkey » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:02 pm

I have an update on the Lizzies' ignoring of me, it's definitely a feature of my barbarian buddy. I was able to get the Lizzies to attack me, though they never caged me, just by 'losing' my buddy (when you go really fast, they're supposed to teleport to you but don't always). After that, even though I teleported to regain him, very few monsters ever took notice of him. They'd even recover from his hitting them to chase me if I took a few steps away. I also noticed that his 'darken the screen and make the monsters turn gray' trick didn't help me at all, they could still track me when I moved away.

A new game restored whatever affect he has.
Normal is just a stereotype.

Duality

Post by Duality » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:05 am

Haresha's Support (polished wand) has +4 to Ama java and spear skills. But.... You can't use spear skills with a wand. It's not a spear.

Pally aura's that drain mana don't turn off when you run out of mana.

Baal nova (at least the one granted by Vilna's set) is called ice bolt on the character screen, everywhere else it's fine.

The river of fire on normal drops 200 (not 2000 exp) bags for the most part. Instead of the 1000 min in other acts.

Fanat costs 6 points even though it is a L36 skill, and all other L36 skills cost 5 points.

Marumana uni battle belt says:

15% (or whatever) attacker takes lightning damage of (increases during nighttime).
Is that 15% chance or 15% of their damage or what?

Worlocks in chaos sanct come in packs of white color'd (named) ones and uni colored named ones. I mentioned this before in reference to kagero dungeon. Even though there is no unique, the whole pack has the unique name coloring.

Ith costs less then Eth even though Ith is a higher level rune.

The readme that comes with Nez says that the Shield of Faith in the Armor of God set is an ancient shield. But I went through 6 keys on the same shield and kept getting blues. I made the rest of the set with the same character, so it wasn't level issues.

The readme also says that both the Touch and the Shield of the Savor ar Adamantium gauntlets.

spookstaz

Post by spookstaz » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:10 am

The amazon skill, Freezing Arrow is buggy at skill levels 119+.

At skill level 118, the skill's cold damage is positive, but at level 119 it becomes a negative amount of about the same value.

It's really annoying, because I really have to watch how many +skill levels I have on my equipment and I can't be in a party with a paladin who uses the "natural leader" aura (+20 to all skills).

:-|

13ad_13oy
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by 13ad_13oy » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:51 pm

its not that lvl, its just dmg goes negative on all spells at 80k, it will go positive again if u pump it enough. its a problem with the game, not the mod.
I went to the mall and i balled to hard
Oh my god is that a black card?
I turned around and replied why yes
But i prefer the term african american express!

SillyGreenMonkey
Paladin

Post by SillyGreenMonkey » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:46 am

My hireling's experience now has a negative sign in front of it. I noticed that the "to next level' was negative around level 300, at level 303 I noticed that both experience numbers were negative. Total experience is a larger number than 'to next level', but getting smaller....
Normal is just a stereotype.

fierydove

Post by fierydove » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:41 pm

Installing 1.08a version of this mod on lod 1.10 I get an error trying to start a game after I have created a new character and the game tries to load.

Error:

assertion failure
D2common\datatbls\lvltbls.cpp
Line #1047
Related to Stairs that connect levels.

Anyone else run into this? I'd really like to play this mod. The old kangero mod was loads of fun, alas I don't have it anymore. I think it ran with lod 1.07 or maybe even 1.09.

Cheers,
FD

papermastermind

Post by papermastermind » Thu May 04, 2006 1:18 am

[quote=fierydove";p="269120"]Installing 1.08a version of this mod on lod 1.10 I get an error trying to start a game after I have created a new character and the game tries to load.

Error:

assertion failure
Line #1047

Anyone else run into this? I'd really like to play this mod. The old kangero mod was loads of fun, alas I don't have it anymore. I think it ran with lod 1.07 or maybe even 1.09.

Cheers,
FD[/quote]

I get the same error. This sucks :(

ShinNova
Banned
Knight

Post by ShinNova » Tue May 23, 2006 1:32 pm

[quote=papermastermind";p="269678"][quote=fierydove";p="269120"]Installing 1.08a version of this mod on lod 1.10 I get an error trying to start a game after I have created a new character and the game tries to load.

Error:

assertion failure
Line #1047

Cheers,
FD[/quote]

I get the same error. This sucks :([/quote]

Yep, that happens and if you play TCP/IP and your friend is hosting, you will keep on crashing once you enter that game only. Has something to do with the cow level.

dbzlotrfan
Paladin

Post by dbzlotrfan » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:02 pm

Asseration Failure
Expression : ptGfxNode->tGfxBlock.lpAsyncData

I get that when I try to kill a hell lizzie (or click on one, I don't know) in hell kag. It is getting damn annoying. I want to kill Satan, and luc!
Last edited by dbzlotrfan on Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prot

Post by prot » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:28 am

Ive been trying to collect as many sets as i can and ive been having difficulty with the Thor set. Main problem is with the maul. when i use the ogre maul in the cube with a key to the sets i get the IK maul every time. Is the base item something different or is my luck just terrible?

Return to “Nezeramontias”