1.08 bug reports

Information and updates for the Nezeramontias mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Acromatic Aria

No votes

Total votes: 0

erk

Fire damage against imunes

Post by erk » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:54 pm

I have a Sorc that does 170k+ fire damage with the diablo fire from a soul along with enchant/power surge. She has 75% pierce in her fire mastery, a level 5 conviction aura from an Izzy's NM soul along with any +skills increases that may help it, and -220% all monster resists from various souls equiped and made into jewels.

She can't even kill a Balrog in Act 4 Hell with fire. What's not working here?
Last edited by erk on Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

13ad_13oy
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: 1.08 bug reports

Post by 13ad_13oy » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:04 pm

thats not a bug, u need higher conviction lvl (aura on equip isnt affected by +skill lvls) get 6 izzy hells souls turned into jewles and shoved in a 6 sot weapon, lvl 60 conviction should be aenough to break most immunes, if u need more help get some item (maybe ring) u can switch to to just use lower resist charges. ur piercing wont effect immunites, only lower them after this is broken.
I went to the mall and i balled to hard
Oh my god is that a black card?
I turned around and replied why yes
But i prefer the term african american express!

deranged128

Post by deranged128 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:31 am

I assumed here that any level conviction would break the immunity, the remainder of your gear/skills (including piercing) is then used to bring enemy resistance down to a level where damage can be dealt.

Higher level conviction would give higher defense and resistance reduction from that skill, not increase the chance that immunity is broken.

Is this not in fact correct?

13ad_13oy
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by 13ad_13oy » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:37 am

that fact is not correct. as u asked at the end of ur post, higher lvl conviction = more resistance reduced. lvl 60 might not be enough alone on certain bosses.

EDIT: forgot to add, conviction isnt a chance of removing immunity skill. it removes a set amount of resistance each skill lvl, if this takes resistance below 100, then the monster is no longer immune.
Last edited by 13ad_13oy on Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

renjer

Post by renjer » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:45 am

I also found another bug recently. There was this monster called "Dark Knight" in Tal Rasha Chamber after I killed Duriel. He appeared at somehow near the upper side of the map. When I went through a door, there was this 2 hits by the "Dark Knight" and I died. Well, after coming back, I just saw him standing near the door, but couldn't hit or kill him. When my merc instead stood there, she was killed instantly. This is just strange.

Another thing, why is there a "Tainted Sun Altar" in Tal Rasha's Chamber? In another room, there was also this glowing chest with all the symbols on it, but nothing happened. The altar didn't add anything or any bonus. And by the way "Dark Knight" was outside the door leading to the altar.

Maybe if we could attach files, I can let you see the screenshot better.

renjer

Post by renjer » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:46 am

I also found another bug recently. There was this monster called "Dark Knight" in Tal Rasha Chamber after I killed Duriel. He appeared at somehow near the upper side of the map. When I went through a door, there was this 2 hits by the "Dark Knight" and I died. Well, after coming back, I just saw him standing near the door, but couldn't hit or kill him. When my merc instead stood there, she was killed instantly. This is just strange.

Another thing, why is there a "Tainted Sun Altar" in Tal Rasha's Chamber? In another room, there was also this glowing chest with all the symbols on it, but nothing happened. The altar didn't add anything or any bonus. And by the way "Dark Knight" was outside the door leading to the altar.

renjer

Post by renjer » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:46 am

BTW, the server seems slow today.

erk

Post by erk » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:35 am

I think that this link explains it a bit more, the lower resists and conviction seems to get divided by 5. Meaning we need over -1,000 resists for my Sorc to kill those damn Finger Mages and Nihlathaks Ghosts in the Kagero

http://users.tkk.fi/~tgustafs/damagered ... Resistance

:(

deranged128

Post by deranged128 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:54 am

That infers the 1/5 penalty only applies to the conviction aura, which has the ability to break immunity.

So in the case of Hell cows which we understand have 280% Lightning Resistance and immunity, we see the following:

Lvl 5 Conviction aura (required to ultimately break immunity) -50% x 1/5 = 10% reduction and immunity broken.
Leaves a further 171% before the 100% resistance is broken and damage could commence (albeit at a very slow rate and not sufficient to counter their own recovery)

So does the penalty also apply to other forms of resistance lowering/piercing from masteries or gear?

13ad_13oy
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by 13ad_13oy » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:10 pm

the piercing and masteries dont come into effect untill the monster is no longer immune, lvl 5 conviction is not even close 2 enough :P

Coldfire724

Post by Coldfire724 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:04 pm

I found something wrong

Everything was fine until I took off a club that gave a chance to cast amp damage, now that it''s off however amp damage is cast on ME :x
I checked the monsters and they were never cursed and usually not even minion/boss groups...I didn't see any animations of them casting on me either the cursed animation just appeared.

I'm guessing this is a problem lol?

EDIT:

ok, I restarted and it's fine now=D
Last edited by Coldfire724 on Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter: Hey look Brian, there's a message in my Alphabets! It says "ooooo"

Brian: Peter....those are Cheerios...

madhojo

Post by madhojo » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:54 pm

The socket screws don't work right. They only allow you to add one socket and they don't work for gloves or boots. Also when you try to use a screw with an item with multiple sockets already it causes the item to have only one socket.

theonlymoose
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by theonlymoose » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:17 pm

[quote=madhojo";p="228655"]The socket screws don't work right. They only allow you to add one socket and they don't work for gloves or boots. Also when you try to use a screw with an item with multiple sockets already it causes the item to have only one socket.[/quote]

If I remember correctly, you have to use one screw PER socket you want. Therefore if you have a helm that has only 1 socket, you'd need to use 3 screws to get 3 sockets, even though there was already one there.

chittick

Post by chittick » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:55 pm

Not a bug, this one is the same as the monsters in the gauntlet it is made so you can't kill them.
The socket screws don't work right. They only allow you to add one socket and they don't work for gloves or boots. Also when you try to use a screw with an item with multiple sockets already it causes the item to have only one socket.
I am believe that is the way they are intended to work.
To get socketed gloves and boots to need to use one of the special cube receipes.
If I remember correctly, you have to use one screw PER socket you want. Therefore if you have a helm that has only 1 socket, you'd need to use 3 screws to get 3 sockets, even though there was already one there.
You can only add one socket, any screws after the first one won't do anything except disappear.

SillyGreenMonkey
Paladin

Post by SillyGreenMonkey » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:19 am

Every time I kill the Lizzie boss on Level 5 of Kagero, the game crashes. This happened on Normal as well as Nightmare, though it didn't happen when I was playing a multiplayer game.

madhojo

Post by madhojo » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:12 am

No that still doesn't work, you can't transmute more than one screw at a time.

13ad_13oy
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by 13ad_13oy » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:29 am

as stated above, only 1 socket can be added. isnt a bug, just what the recipe is desinged to do.

Dyaus

Post by Dyaus » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:25 am

Portable shrines haven't been dropping since the Kagero fix. Please bring them back :(

Lizzie/Diablo Ghost's Bone Prison is "an evil force." Not sure if that was intended.

Study Scrolls can be duplicated with Magic Mirrors. Seeing as you can't duplicate souls, that seems silly.

Soul Sucker needs to work. D:

I know it's probably known, but when your HP gets above about 35k or so, it doesn't display properly in your globe. Makes it pretty difficult to know when I'm dying.

The paladin auras that drain mana do so in town, and negate all mana recovery. (Both of which I think shouldn't happen... I don't know much about it, but maybe it would work better if Paladin auras were calculated as negative mana regeneration.)

There's a bug with gambling. AA, if you don't know what I'm talking about, PM me and I'll tell you about it.

More to come.

erk

Post by erk » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:32 am

[quote=Dyaus";p="228747"]Portable shrines haven't been dropping since the Kagero fix. Please bring them back :(.[/quote]

Portable shrines are dropping for me, just not very often.

Dyaus

Post by Dyaus » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:38 am

I'll be damned. You finding them from particular enemies, or just randomly?

Lu-Tze

Post by Lu-Tze » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:58 am

superuniques drop 'em pretty often, the evil force thing is intended, the health rollover is something AA can't do anything about it, same with gambling I believe, it's all hardcoded stuff or something.
~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~

13ad_13oy
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by 13ad_13oy » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:18 pm

[quote=Dyaus";p="228747"]
Portable shrines haven't been dropping since the Kagero fix. Please bring them back :(

Lizzie/Diablo Ghost's Bone Prison is "an evil force." Not sure if that was intended.

Study Scrolls can be duplicated with Magic Mirrors. Seeing as you can't duplicate souls, that seems silly.

Soul Sucker needs to work. D:

I know it's probably known, but when your HP gets above about 35k or so, it doesn't display properly in your globe. Makes it pretty difficult to know when I'm dying.

The paladin auras that drain mana do so in town, and negate all mana recovery. (Both of which I think shouldn't happen... I don't know much about it, but maybe it would work better if Paladin auras were calculated as negative mana regeneration.)

There's a bug with gambling. AA, if you don't know what I'm talking about, PM me and I'll tell you about it.

More to come.
[/quote]

Shrines still drop for me, if u desperate for them, pretty sure corpsefire drops em even in norm.

The "bone prison" thingy, is called "an evil force" in standard diablo 2, this is just unchanged.

Study scolls do need to be changed in my opinion 2.

soul sucker DOES work, just not very often, the soul u get sucks, it is purely for the medalion. retry this skill, i get 1 every 10 corpse's or so.

thats a known problem because its in standard diablo as well. only solutions for this r:

play a new game
leave ur life at 32k
just got a couple of hundred k and no u will never die ;)

dont leave the auras active in town :P

gambling bug (which involves gettin money if its the 1 thats been known since lvl cap was made 750) is just because the way gambling prices increase is coded in the game so it cant be changed, the idea is its very hard to get high enough lvl to get the gamble items in minus figures :D

il answer the next 1's just as easily i hope ;)

Dyaus

Post by Dyaus » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:41 pm

[quote=Lu-Tze";p="228762"]superuniques drop 'em pretty often[/quote]That means monsters like Izual and Nihlathak should drop them, doesn't it? I killed them about a million times a piece without finding a single portable shrine.

Lu-Tze

Post by Lu-Tze » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:56 pm

Superuniques are not the set bosses like Izual, but the ones like Pindleskin with random attributes.
~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~

chittick

Post by chittick » Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:40 am

When I get a +to skill shrine the damage increase, (at least the display damage), stays with my char after the shrine wears off.

Not sure if this is a bug or not......

+to Min or Max damage on charms and rings isn't affecting my asassins damage with the dragon tail skill

Return to “Nezeramontias”