1.09 Bug Reports

Information and updates for the Nezeramontias mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Acromatic Aria

Acromatic Aria
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

1.09 Bug Reports

Post by Acromatic Aria » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:02 am

Most of the major releases usually have something screwy with them. I'm crossing fingers in hopes that this on goes smoothly (corrupted upload, consistent game crashes, etc.). Anyway, if you encounter any crash bugs, non working skills, or anything else not doing what it should, this is the place to post about them for version 1.09.

4ldairs

Re: 1.09 Bug Reports

Post by 4ldairs » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:53 pm

i played through all acts in normal, and i didnt occur any bugs, crashes or anything like that but i havent tried kagero or gauntlet but i guarantee that there are no bugs in act 1-5 ( least i didnt occur any )so it should be clean :D

NevrGivUp

Post by NevrGivUp » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:05 pm

Monster Gates - "Monster Gate" no longer appears twice, but there is still a blank/empty line as the first line in the description.

This is a little odd to me: The Barbarian Find Potion skill - Using the stats that I know of for unmodded D2X 6/10 times the potion will be health, 3/10 time it will be mana and 1/10 times it will be rejuv. Well if you have 50% chance at level 5 of getting a potion thats one 50% rejuv every 20 uses. The difference is extremely obvious when I switch from my barb to my necro. The necro can kill things at a much greater speed and gets only a handful of lesser rejuvs.
Never say "Give Up."
- Victory (Track #6)
- Bubble Gum Crisis Best Collection

whiplash-84

Post by whiplash-84 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:05 am

I found an Energy Ball that gives +3 to Charged Bolt, but when my sorc equips it she doesn't recieve the skills bonus.

Edit: Actually what happens is the +3 Charged Bolt from the Energy Ball is a seperate skill, so right now she has a level 9 Charged Bolt and a level 3 Charged Bolt.
Last edited by whiplash-84 on Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Acromatic Aria
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Acromatic Aria » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:06 am

[quote=NevrGivUp";p="286975"]
Monster Gates - "Monster Gate" no longer appears twice, but there is still a blank/empty line as the first line in the description.

This is a little odd to me: The Barbarian Find Potion skill - Using the stats that I know of for unmodded D2X 6/10 times the potion will be health, 3/10 time it will be mana and 1/10 times it will be rejuv. Well if you have 50% chance at level 5 of getting a potion thats one 50% rejuv every 20 uses. The difference is extremely obvious when I switch from my barb to my necro. The necro can kill things at a much greater speed and gets only a handful of lesser rejuvs.
[/quote]

The modded odds are 7% for rejuvs. And I removed the second mention of the name which creates the blank line (did something similar for some other items).

NevrGivUp

Post by NevrGivUp » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:51 am

Acromatic Aria, you didn't answer all of my points. You don't find it unbalanced for Barb's to be getting 50% rejuvs in Act I with Find Potion?

Thanks
Never say "Give Up."
- Victory (Track #6)
- Bubble Gum Crisis Best Collection

Acromatic Aria
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Acromatic Aria » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:50 am

That's why the odds are dropped. They're probably still too high, but the skill's behavior is hardcoded apart from percentages (in terms of what it can produce).

In any case, this belongs in its own place since Find Potion's drop rate is a balance issue, not a 'bug'. So, here's a post for such things:
viewtopic.php?t=40407

Heather

Post by Heather » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:31 pm

There seems to be something slightly screwy in the Sorc's "Summon Sword Familiar" skill description. In the synergy information, it lists 6% life per level of enchant, but also a grayed-out "EnchantMagic Damage Per Level" which I assume involves a typo somewhere in the skill information.

Also, there is a minor typo in the skill description for the Experience Boost skill (not just for sorcs). The description says it gives bonuses to "expereince" gained.

Nothing big, just minor nits that might get cleaned up along the way if there is a patch or something. This is a very fun mod. I only started playing since 1.09 and I'm quite enjoying it.

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Post by the_bogan » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:16 am

Managed to crash, in act 4 normal. Looking at my log, it appears it couldn't find some monsters/animations. Or that could just be a normal error. Anyone else had the same?

edit: Ran through again, was fine. Odd.
Last edited by the_bogan on Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

random_element76

Post by random_element76 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:34 pm

The level 4 (highest) class-specific gems have a level requirement of 24 - a typo, I presume, for 240.

Wlffrsether

Post by Wlffrsether » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:31 pm

I can't get the recipe to add perfect class gems properties to normal rings or amulets to work. I've tried the recipe listed on your site and the old recipe (1 ring/amu, 3 gems, 6 space frags), but neither seems to work. I'm aware that you mentioned that the recipe has been changed in this version due to the changed properties on the gems, but I can't figure out what the new recipe is, if it's not the one listed on yor site.

Is there a lvl req? I'm lvl 270 at the moment.

EDIT: My bad. You have to be lvl 280 for this recipe to work.
Last edited by Wlffrsether on Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every second of it.

random_element76

Post by random_element76 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:36 pm

Holy Freeze, although it slows creatures and turns them blue when activated as a paladin skill, appears to have no effect upon the player or his minions when it is a creature's aura.

SaraS

Post by SaraS » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:19 am

Recently the game have been crashing on me alot. Very annoying and made the progress close to impossible. However, I found out that the game only crashes when I summon "Lady Leprechaun", the minion on the "Get lucky charm". So something is clearly wrong with this minion...

The perfect diversity stone has a required level of 94 and the flawless one has a required level of 9, seems abit powerful at that level... Also these gems can't be attached to the white amulets and rings, I am however not sure if this is intentional or not.

Futhoth

Post by Futhoth » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:09 am

I have run across a rather peculiar bug while playing this mod with someone else. If the person who joins a game in TCP/IP play and they leave, they cause the person hosting the game to have their game crash with the unhandled exception error, c000000005 or something like that. A BS error message that says absolutely nothing. I have tried it with different people hosting and up to 2 people joining. In all instances when someone not the host leaves the host crashes.

I would also like to add that I also get the enormous Dyymmdd.txt files, while studying it I found that the vast majority of the messages were relating to the Error opening file: DATA\GLOBAL\MONSTERS\%N\COF\********.COF. I hope this helps to fix some of the larger bugs I have seen in this mod.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:12 am

Would your ever-repeated debug file error happen to be this one? It is a problem, and we can only hope AA takes a look at it before he calls this mod finished for good.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Div03

Post by Div03 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:01 am

Today I experienced a bug while running a normal gauntlet.

After getting past the "Many Duriel Hallway", I tried using the portal to bring me to the "square maze". However, the portal only teleported me to the rightmost corner of the room the portal is located in rather to the beginning of the square maze. I remade the game and it worked fine.

EDIT:

Also, the perfect class stones levels seem bugged. I acquired a Perfect Pearl today and it only has a level requirement of 24! I tried to add three of them to my white ring, but to no avail. I figure that this level 24 is a bug and the recipe still calls for a higher level, which I do not know at this point. They still socket fine, and any level 24 can use them.
Last edited by Div03 on Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
LOL I DUNNO

ventuz

Post by ventuz » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:41 pm

Soul dropped from Gold Golem has no stats.

Heather

Post by Heather » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:22 pm

Crashed in act 4 normal. Was trying on an overseer soul, summoned a couple of minions, wandered over to Jamella (still wearing the overseer soul) to top up my mana and the game crashed immediately upon speaking to her.

The error was:

Assertion failure
Location failure: D2common\PATH\path.cpp, line #807
Expression: tPathInfo.hRoomStart

Restarted game, tried talking to her again in overseer form, no error that time.

EDIT: Another bug. In the gamble screen, when I mouse over a thief cloak, it said "Druid only" not "Assassin only."
Last edited by Heather on Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wssplat

Post by wssplat » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:06 am

[quote=ventuz";p="288884"]Soul dropped from Gold Golem has no stats.[/quote]

I finally managed to get a Gold Golem soul in Hell. It does have stats on this difficulty. Where did you get yours from?

Heather

Post by Heather » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:29 am

The "Familiar Aura" skill (from demon imp type souls) seems buggy. The skill description when my barb puts it on lists "mana cost 8" but when he puts on the aura, his mana bulb completely empties, fills up to 7ish and empties again, fills up to 7ish and empties again, etc.

Is the cost just bigger than listed and his mana supply (299 before BO) can't handle it, or is there something screwy going on?

Div03

Post by Div03 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:19 am

Hell Leviathan and Belial died in one hit (32k hit) when the players was set to 8.
LOL I DUNNO

wssplat

Post by wssplat » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:09 am

[quote=Div03";p="289491"]Hell Leviathan and Belial died in one hit (32k hit) when the players was set to 8.[/quote]

Ah, so this wasn't a one-time thing. I managed to get to the bottom of Kagero a few days back on players 8, just to see Lucifer and Satan die in 1 hit. I thought it was just a glitch, but it was really hard to kill the regular monsters in there, so I quit before I died. Scary stuff.

Phlebiac
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Phlebiac » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:17 am

[quote=Div03";p="289491"]Hell Leviathan and Belial died in one hit (32k hit) when the players was set to 8.[/quote]

This sounds like their life rolls over at players 8, leaving them with very little life.
I'd rather go to Africa and get eaten by an Elephant... Snoopy

Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007!

ZyEl Wiki

Div03

Post by Div03 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:00 am

Yeah, I suspect when AA buffed everything to hell, he didn't consider the HP limitations and it became a number so large it ended up rolling over, like you said.

I'm sure alot of enemies are this way.
LOL I DUNNO

wssplat

Post by wssplat » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:12 pm

Crashed and got this error:

Assertion Failure
Expression : wPrefix != 0 | | wSuffix != 0

Edit: I have duplicated the error multiple times already, and I think you know what is causing the problem. If you dont, blame
[spoiler]YHWH , because he started it.[/spoiler] -_-'

Edit2: Was being vague/retarded.
Last edited by wssplat on Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Nezeramontias”