Unofficial KoT FAQ Please Read.....

Information and updates for the Kingdom of Tenai mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Vegabond_635

Meggido

Unofficial KoT FAQ Please Read.....

Post by Meggido » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:12 pm

Okay since there has been a lot of questions lately concerning things that have been answered in the past but people either don't know where to look, or are too lazy to browse the forums. I have decided to make a FAQ to encompass these questions so people who need help can get it more easily.

Hopefully if Onyx or another mod is nice enough we can get this stickyed :)

General FAQ

Getting Started
1) What is Kingdom Of Tenai(KoT)?
2) Where can I download KoT?
3) What do I need to run KoT?
4) Where can I get the 1.10 patch?
5) Will I be able to play Diablo II normally after installing KoT?
6) How do I install 2 versions of Diablo II so I can play KoT and D2 without unloading KoT every time?
7) KoT isnt working! help me!

Gameplay FAQ

8) What is the best class?
9) What classes/subclasses are there?
i) Amazon
ii) Assassin
iii) Necromancer
iv) Barbarian
v) Paladin
vi) Sorceress
vii) Druid
9) I have no gold! Is there an easy way to make some?
10) This game is difficult! Is there an easier way to level?
11) Why cant I put points into the left side of my skill tree?
12) Are there Synergies?
13) Help! I cant beat Andy/Duriel/Meph/Diablo
14) Things to watch out for

Item FAQ
15) What do the items in my inventory do?
16) What do I do with the other 2 items from the class selection?
17) What are Forge Hammers/Anvils of Power/Fusion Orbs and what do they do?
18) What do goblets do?
19) Where can I find scarabs?
20) What are skill tablets?
21) What are Auragems?

Bugs, Glitches, and Crashing FAQ
22) Help! I keep crashing!
23) The Passive Bug
24) The Cleece Bug/Baal Minions Bug

Hamachi FAQ
25) What is Hamachi?
26) Where can I Download it?
27) How do I get started?
28) List of Networks to join

Tips, Tricks and Secrets
29) How to make money the easy way.
30) The Cube Bug
31) Location of EVERY skill tablet for all classes/subclasses

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting Started

1) What is Kingdom Of Tenai(KoT)?
KoT is a Mod for Diablo II Lord of Destruction that was designed for players who got bored with the origional D2LoD and wanted something harder with a whole new set of changes.

2) Where can I download KoT?
At the official site http://kot.planetdiablo.gamespy.com/ and click "Download 1.13a" under general on the left side.

3) What do I need to run KoT?
You will need Diablo II installed along with Lord of Destruction expansion pack and patch 1.10.

4) Where can I get the 1.10 patch?
http://www.gamershell.com/download_3947.shtml

5) Will I be able to play Diablo II normally after installing KoT?
No.

6) How do I install 2 versions of Diablo II so I can play KoT and D2 without unloading KoT every time?
An excellent post here covers this viewtopic.php?t=38671

7) KoT isnt working! help me!
Well you must have done something wrong during installation or forgot to install/download the 1.10 patch or LoD

Gameplay FAQ

8) What is the best class?
Well just like in D2 there is no "best" class but if your just starting out a mage class insted of a melee class will make your life easier. also you will want a character that has good crowd control and area of effect spells/skills since the mob density is very high and its easy to get surronded.

9) What classes/subclasses are there?
i) Amazon
a) Fletcher
b) Vaulter
c) Valkyrie
ii) Assassin
a) Thief
b) Ninja
c) Samurai
iii) Necromancer
a) Vampire
b) Summoner
c) Acolyte
iv) Barbarian
a) Defender
b) Gladiator
c) Warrior
v) Paladin
a) Templar
b) Seraph
c) Zealot
vi) Sorceress
a) Terrax Destroyer
b) Chione Mage
c) Ethric Castress
vii) Druid
a) Sage
b) Shapeshifter
c) Elementalist

9) I have no gold! Is there an easy way to make some?
Yes there is, to some it is considered a secret and will be covered in the "Tips, Tricks and Secrets" if you dont feel like discovering it yourself :).

10) This game is difficult! Is there an easier way to level?
For starters you could get a mage type class insted of a melee. second you could level a skill that has an area of effect. and lastly you could do /players 8 and relevel in some easier areas so your a bit higher for the other places.

11) Why cant I put points into the left side of my skill tree?
Thoes skills are only obtained through skills tablets bought in acts 4 and 5 you need a skill tablet to use them

12) Are there Synergies?
Yes and No. The regular synergys from skills are no longer there since you only recieved synergys from base points and all of the skills you get from plus skills. However the skills on the left side when you have the skill tree up MAY have synergys but they will deal with the new skills on the skill tree and not the old skills.

13) Help! I cant beat Andy/Duriel/Meph/Diablo
Try leveling up in the areas before each boss. If you still cant beat them try making a boss bow by putting 3 tal runes into a bow they add 1500 poison damage each and 10% poison damage for each tal rune. you can buy them from Drognan in act 2 or cube 2 lower runes at a time until you get tal runes if you are still in act one. its how my trapped killed duri :)

14) Things to watch out for
Act 1: Gargantuan Beasts will chill you when they hit you can can cast volcano on striking. Fallen cast enchant on themselves on striking. Tainted cast nova when they die THIS CAN KILL YOU IN ONE SHOT!
Act 2: burning dead sometimes cast hydra
Act 3: durance 2 has elementals try to kill them one at a time they spawn little elementals when killed. durance 3 is big cast TP's often
Act 4: Dragons spawn insted of the normal mobs when u activate the seals and a few with diablo
Act 5: The teleporting little witches spawn around u when they die and surrond you easily. Baals minions are tough be ready for a fight and dont kill cleece lure him away and go back baal will spawn next wave. killing him crashes the game

Item FAQ

15) What do the items in my inventory do?
The 2x2 charm gives you your skills you cube it with one of the 3 starting items to choose your class. After you pick that class you can only use skill tablets that have your class name(like amazon) on them or your subclass. the other charm has directions on it just follow thoes.

16) What do I do with the other 2 items from the class selection?
The other 2 charms that pick the other classes as far as I can tell have no use feel free to toss them.

17) What are Forge Hammers/Anvils of Power/Fusion Orbs and what do they do?
Crafting

18) What do goblets do?
You use the cube with the appropriate Scarab and a item you want to make to that type(white, magical, rare, set, unique)

19) Where can I find scarabs?
White, Blue, and Yellow scarabs can be found in act 2 from Lysander the rest can be found from Alkor in act 3. All of them can be bought from Anya.

20) What are skill tablets?
They are a socketable item that give bonuses to your class/subclass if you are not the right subclass you WILL NOT get the bonus from the skill.

21) What are Auragems?
Auragems give you an aura when socketed into items along with some +skills that anyone can use. You obtain an Auragem by transmuting 3 of the same perfect gems in the cube.

Bugs, Glitches, and Crashing FAQ

22) Help! I keep crashing!
The following places are common for crashes and an explanation of how to fix it
1)Crash when starting KoT or when starting single player
-Try reinstalling D2 and make sure you have patch 1.10 properly installed THEN put the KoT files into the folder
2) I crash when i select my character.
-Happens to all of us(I think) just restart D2 and it should work.
3) Crashes when I kill baals minions.
-Dont kill his minions if this has happend more then once. it is a fact that cleece does crash but the other minions shouldnt crash you. if it does lure them away and he will summon the next wave(best to do this by running them to the stairs to level 3 and taking the wp back to town and using your TP by baal)
4) Crashed when i killed baal(missle flew too far error and might happen at any time if you use projectiles)
-Happend to me once when i killed baal i think it was just badluck i havent seen it since. restarting should fix this.
5) You didnt cover my problem with crashing in this post/your answer doesnt fix it from crashing
-Post all the info you can about crashing on the forum and the type and exact information the error you get says. we will try and help the best we can.

23) The Passive Bug
This only applys if you plan to play multiplayer through Tcp/ip games. if you put more then 25 points into your passive skills(depending on the person this number can vary) you will get either be unable to join games or lose your connection/crash a minute after joining the game. You can fix this by putting your passive skill charm in yout cube or stash. You wont have your passive skills while playing in multiplayer but atleast you can play.

24) The Cleece Bug/Baal Minions Bug
Killing Cleece MAY crash your game so when Baal spawns him along with flower tenai lure him away baal will summon the next wave. he runs slow so its rather easy to do this. If you crash when you kill baals minions (other then Cleece) then try restarting or reinstalling (you can save ur character file so you dont lose them). if this does not work then post your problem on the forum.

Hamachi FAQ

25) What is Hamachi?
What you need to know is right here viewtopic.php?t=39375

26) Where can I Download it?
http://files.hamachi.cc/priv/HamachiSet ... .57-en.exe (found from the above link)

27) How do I get started?
Download that file and run the program it will give you a tutorial on how to do everything.

28) List of Networks to join
This is the list of known servers. Punctuation does count,
diablokot / king
d2kot / diablo
KoTgame / Diab
Jessy5 / 5

Tips, Tricks and Secrets

29) How to make money the easy way.
Since this is a secret ill make it hard to read(Just highlite it and you can see it)
Take 2-6 minor mana potions into the cube and cube them you will make an item that sells for max gold

30) The Cube Bug
Since this is a secret ill make it hard to read(Just highlite it and you can see it)
Take any item and put it into the cube. Transmute it and it will become a normal item, then an exceptional item, then a elite item of that type. Transmute one more time to become an Elite Unique of that type of item. This only works for Elite Items that have uniques otherwise it will become rare. After you have the unique you can reroll the mods on it by pressing the transmute button. If there is more then one elite unique for that type of item it will randomly cycle through them.

31) Location of EVERY skill tablet for all classes/subclasses
:P :P Coming soon :P :P

I spent the last 7 hours writing this FAQ so please excuse me if it isnt 100% complete yet. I still have to finish the skill tablet location section along with some spelling mistakes here and there with some other things I want to add.

If you think that there is something I missed or that needs to be added please post it and I will try to fit it into here.

I do not take credit for this information. the autors of each individual posts have credit to their information that has been contributed(including some of my own). All I take credit for is taking the time to organize and sort through the posts to make this post encompassing all of that information.

Thank you for your time :) I look forward to playing with you...

-Meggido

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: Unofficial KoT FAQ Please Read.....

Post by gogodanny » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:15 am

In case some of you don't know yet ... SPOILER!!!

you can get setitems easily by putting the corresponding item into the cube and adding a minor mana pot!! works all the time (even stat-reroll works perfectly) makes set-goblets useless ...

enjoy
Last edited by gogodanny on Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:14 pm

i might have downloaded this mod, some of the things in it sound cool.

but it also sounds like it crashes alot.

and Median doesnt crash at all, as far as i can tell, so im going to stick with that.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:17 am

it all depends on how you play you can have no crashes if you know how to avoid them.
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

bunnies

Post by bunnies » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:34 pm

Very true Necrolis. Still it would be awesome if Vega would come back to release a patch to fix the cube recipes and the crashes. I dont care about any new content. While that would be nice, its not necessary. It would be great in my mind to see those 2 Bugs addressed. However if he ever does decide to do any NEW work on it, I would love to see fusions for sorcs, druids, and necros. New 90 sets for the rest of the classes. Maybe some new skills. Eliminate all the crashes. New charms and possibly new monsters . Also making it compatible with 1.11b patch would be awesome.

And there is no need to plug Median in here. Thats just inappropriate.
Last edited by bunnies on Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:58 pm

And there is no need speaking about hosting realms as it's a direct violation of the TOS. So edit your message and keep your mouth shut on the subject
"How much suffering, mortal, does it take before you lose your grace?"
Shadow Empire (coming soon) | forum

bunnies

Post by bunnies » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:11 am

Apologies Joel. I had actually tried to edit it after I first put it up since I saw my error. I guess it didnt save my edit. It wont happen again.

Hero1986

Post by Hero1986 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:18 am

grador.euweb.cz/KoT/main.html

its a pretty good resource for all this.

ilinbg

Post by ilinbg » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:20 pm

and it is in ~chinese as well :(

fal

Post by fal » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:54 pm

damn no one plays this :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Return to “Kingdom of Tenai”