Legend about Nine Demons

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.

100%

Total votes: 2

SheX - Lost Mage
Paladin
Liechtenstein

Legend about Nine Demons

Post by SheX - Lost Mage » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:59 am

Legend about Nine Demons - mod for LoD 1.10 realised.
Download:
http://tpw.bgames.ru/files/LAND_v1.1.rar - size 130 MB
Mod Changes
1. Monsters population and strength was increased
2. Character now is Demon
3. Character begin game with 2 special items
4. Super unique monsters was changed.
5. 7 Super unique and 4 Uber unique monsters were added
6. Main boss was changed.
7. Maps were changed
8. All Music changed. Act 1 town Lordi – Magistra Nocte, other music was added from Dungeon Siege, Dungeon Siege II and Sacred.
9. Added Set and Unique items from Talonrage’s Plugins.
10. Gems can be transmuted with items. (See Cubing Formulas)
11. 6 secret recipes were added.
Screenhots:
http://tpw.bgames.ru/files/screenshots/ND/01.JPG
http://tpw.bgames.ru/files/screenshots/ND/02.JPG
http://tpw.bgames.ru/files/screenshots/ND/03.JPG
http://tpw.bgames.ru/files/screenshots/ND/04.JPG

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:13 am

does this mean tpw is on hold? also it might be better if you also had a light version that doesn't have music for those who don't have masses of bandwidth/dsl (also some people don't case much for music)
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

SheX - Lost Mage
Paladin
Liechtenstein

Re: Legend about Nine Demons

Post by SheX - Lost Mage » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:51 am

does this mean tpw is on hold?
Yes, TPW project stopped on some time.
It's full version of this mod.
P.S. Lite version can be with bugs, because i used new soundenviron for some levels.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:15 pm

Legend is now mirrored from our File Center.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:26 pm

Just starting.
Wandering around, can not find Kashya in the compound. Have you gotten rid of her?
Went down in Crypt and died immediately by prince. The second time was able to kill a couple of skeletons. Looks like mod could be fun, but slow. At my age, I am never in a hurry.
Have not heard any new music so far, same old Diablo start up music.
Was going to read "The Ledgend of the Nine Demons." Need to translate.
Elad

SheX - Lost Mage
Paladin
Liechtenstein

Post by SheX - Lost Mage » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:55 am

Wandering around, can not find Kashya in the compound. Have you gotten rid of her?
Kashya here. ;)
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/8342/01nn5.jpg
Have not heard any new music so far, same old Diablo start up music.
Check sound options. Because I have no bugs with music
Last edited by SheX - Lost Mage on Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:35 am

:oops: My music sound was turned way down. It ok now. Since start-up was the regular Diablo music did not check as it was loud.
Finally found Kashaya. Thanks for the help. Must have walked past that door way a dozen times, and never noticed it was open.
Did a kind of work around on the Den of Evil. Was able to run thru to the Blood Moore and the Plain waypoint. Ran the Moore a lot of times until I got enough levels to come back and complete the Den. Playing a Sorc and a Amazon.
Elad

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:36 am

Had some free time yesterday, so I decided to try this mod. It's a nice fresh feeling so far, compared to all the mods that don't dare changing the environment of Diablo 2. However, just like in your other mod, there are lots of bugs present. I know this is your first release, but I also can imagine that you need bugs reported (which no one did so far, not here at least), so here we go:

:arrow: First thing that stood out and almost made me delete the mod out of frustration - major problems with the characters' get hit mode when in demon form. My main character is a Barbarian, but I also tried the rest to see if the same thing is available there too. Yes, it is. The get hit animation of the demon forms lasts about 2 seconds, which means that you're constantly locked in get hit mode and you cannot move or hit back while that lasts. And since I'm playing a melee character and the monsters are stronger, it means that I do get hit a lot. It's very frustrating.

:arrow: The Zombie Prince is very overpowered. I decided to take on him after I cleared the rest of the Den of Evil and I was level 6. No matter how hard I tried, I never managed to hit him in melee, not even once. Meanwhile, every time he hit me, he dropped my HP to exactly 1. So I went to town, bought a bow and a quiver of arrows, blocked him on one of the cave elevations and shot him to death. Almost took me a full quiver of arrows (350), by the way.

:arrow: Next thing - some monster groups are way too large. I mean, I do like a challenge, but sometimes it's simply too much. For example, zombies. They are dumb, they don't even manage to hit me at all, but each one of them takes up tp 5-6 hits to kill. And when there are 15 of them, it's simply slow and boring to take them out, since they are no threat at all. Same thing for the other zombies, the Hellfire gravediggers.

:arrow: When I reached the Cold Plains, I met the Dung Soldiers. Those are the Act 2 lightning beetles replacement. They were way too strong, compared to the rest of the monsters there. I had to go back to town several times in order to kill 3 of them. And of course, their lightning triggers that same get hit animation, mentioned above, so it was really frustrating again. This, by the way, applies to every Lightning Enchanted boss too.

:arrow: Your Cave Leaper replacement monsters (the Diablo scavenger), turn into the original leapers when in certain modes. You didn't match the animation with the AI well. I know that, because this plugin was made by me and I did say in the readme for it that it's not supposed to be used with the original cave leaper AI ;)

:arrow: The character loses the demon form while cursed. I'm not sure if there is any workaround for that, but it's not good. And after the curse is over, you need to lift and drop the demon form charm in your inventory in order to turn into a demon again.

:arrow: There are 2 golden chests near Flavie (in the entry from Blood Moor to Cold Plains), and a waypoint few steps away. Those 2 chests are guarded by nothing more than 2 Gargoyle Traps. This is personal opinion, I think the 2 chests are too easily exploitable on the early levels. You can just go through the waypoint, kill the 2 traps, loot the 2 chests, save and exit, do it again. Of course, this might just be my luck with map generation, I noticed that golden chests aren't available on other direction entries.

:arrow: A personal opinion - having that many critters is ugly. I was literally walking over snakes and bugs and scorpions and whatever else all the way. It doesn't have any impact on gameplay, but I didn't like that.

I know this sounds like I'm not liking the mod at all, but it's not that. The idea is good in my opinion, but it was executed poorly. If you ask me, you should have put few more months into testing, balancing and bugfixing, instead of rushing that release :) Personal opinion again.

Are there any skill changes planned?
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

meimo

Post by meimo » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:54 pm

hi, there
I've got something to add to your list.

Almost 2/3 of my set and/or unique stuff comes out ith or "eine böse Macht".
Any time I finally get that bastard in the throne room killed and try to fight Baal I get kicked out of the game. There is a portal that says "not translated call ken". When I try I get kicked out.

What now? Help appreciated!
meimo

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:31 am

Played a bit more yesterday, and at about level 20 I'm uber now :) I rarely get scratched and when a monster manages to hit me, the life leech does its job. I don't even drink potions anymore, I guess the mod needs lots of balancing. Stuff to share:

:arrow: In the Tower room, just before the Tower Cellar levels, there is a corrupted rogue boss. She and her minions gave me tons of experience. I gained 3 levels from killing the boss pack twice (I had to restart the game after killing them the first time).

:arrow: The Lightning Demon boss pack in Tristram is too strong. In fact, these were the only monsters that made me drink potions and I finally had to skip them. Their lightning almost killed me in one hit. And when I tried to fight back, I noticed that it'll take maybe 20 hits to kill one of the minions (and since they use the Cantor AI and skills, I guess they heal each other too). I didn't even manage to get near the boss.

:arrow: Is the mod supposed to drop that many uniques and sets? I have 3 set belts and 1 unique belt, unique shield, axe, set boots and gloves. And that's in the middle of Act 1... Strangely enough, I don't have 2 set pieces from 1 set yet :)

:arrow: The Goat Lords that resurect the Goat Clan minions have too big range. Sometimes it seems that they can cover the whole level with their resurection skill. Several times I had to run around large areas to finally find that Goat Lord who kept resurecting the Goats that I was killing from 3 screens away ;)

Hope these reports help you to improve the mod. I'm also waiting for your reply about planned skill changes.
ONYX

Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

fishynsmelly

Post by fishynsmelly » Thu May 03, 2007 6:06 am

Good mod so far, this one got me playing D2 again.

Tons of loot. I am near the end of Hell with my uber amazon.

Leveling is pretty easy, and I love the fact that gems can transmute stats onto your weapons and other items. Its great that you can upgrade your current items so easily. Its very useful.

The Barbarian Whirlwind is bugged in demon form if you didn't know.

Also I can't seem to find a way out of the Ice Passage of Wind, before I get to Baal in the Hell Difficulty. The exit doesn't let me get through. It worked for Nightmare difficulty. I am stuck in Hell :twisted: Pun intended hehe. I want too see what Demon's Fury is Like.

Its pretty fun for me, despite the bugs.
Last edited by fishynsmelly on Thu May 03, 2007 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

SheX - Lost Mage
Paladin
Liechtenstein

Post by SheX - Lost Mage » Thu May 03, 2007 6:01 pm

Onyx and fishynsmelly thanks for report. :)
1.2 version coming soon :) Changes:
New Areas, monsters and bug fixes.
P.S. Maybe some skills will be changed

xravenx

Post by xravenx » Tue May 08, 2007 4:52 am

dude i got only 1 thing to say about this mod so far
IT SUCKS I'VE BEEN TRYING TO INSTALL IT ALL DAY LONG AND GUESS WHAT NO SUCCESS SO FAR SO IF U CAN'T MAKE A SIMPLE WAY TO INSTALL IT THEN GIVE UP

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Tue May 08, 2007 4:55 am

Take it easy. If you can't install the mod, this is your fault. The install instructions are in the documentation and they are pretty straightforward. It's as simple as extracting the archive and running a script.
ONYX

xravenx

Post by xravenx » Tue May 08, 2007 5:00 am

i've reinstalled diablo II about 3 times on my computer and it allways gives me that WE GOT A BIG ERROR and when i try to run the Script file nothing happens

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Tue May 08, 2007 5:01 am

Are you running Diablo II LoD v1.10?
ONYX

xravenx

Post by xravenx » Tue May 08, 2007 5:04 am

for sure

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Tue May 08, 2007 5:07 am

Then probably something is wrong on your end. What exactly happens when you try to run the script to start the mod? And which of the scripts exactly you're trying to run?
ONYX

xravenx

Post by xravenx » Tue May 08, 2007 5:13 am

i first extract the ND folder inside my diablo II folder then i run ND_mod.vbs
and nothing happens after it

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Tue May 08, 2007 5:18 am

Does it show a message or something? Maybe your machine is uncappable of running VB scripts. Unfortunately, I won't be able to help you in this case, you'll have to wait for someone with more knowledge on VB to reply.
ONYX

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Wed May 09, 2007 12:29 am

Some machines running Norton Antivirus will silently block any script that does potentially dangerous things such as writing to the Windows Registry. Our VB script writes the mod save path to the Registry before starting D2, and restores the default path after your session is done. Perhaps you have a background guardian set to run that way, if so change the protection to whatever matches "prompt me when doing this."
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

The Raven

Post by The Raven » Sun May 13, 2007 10:24 am

The name of the mod is Legend About Nine Demons, but the demons are only seven - the seven charecter classes.
Is there other two demons and where are they?

P.S. Sorry for bumping a bit old topic...
Last edited by The Raven on Sun May 13, 2007 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

SheX - Lost Mage
Paladin
Liechtenstein

Post by SheX - Lost Mage » Mon May 14, 2007 6:40 pm

Is there other two demons and where are they?
The last two demons it's Sherim and Last boss ;)
P.S. Tiles in act1 were changed.
Last edited by SheX - Lost Mage on Thu May 17, 2007 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Mon May 14, 2007 7:04 pm

[quote=xravenx";p="323020"]gives me that WE GOT A BIG ERROR[/quote]I've seen that pop up countless times where d2 loader and or cracks where used if you are using that disable that and then try again....
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

SheX - Lost Mage
Paladin
Liechtenstein

Post by SheX - Lost Mage » Tue May 22, 2007 6:35 pm

Legend about Nine Demons v 1.2
Size 13 mb. Link to download http://tpw.bgames.ru/files/LAND_1.2.rar
Make sure that you have version 1.1 of mod installed to install this update pack.
Version Changes
1. Monsters strength was increased
2. Tiles in Act1 were changed
3. Added:
a) 3 Uber unique monsters
b) 1 New location
c) 3 Unique items
4. Some super unique monsters were changed.
5. Some bugs were fixed
6. 3 secret recipes were added.
7. Skills level req was increased:
6=10
12=19
18=27
24=36
30=50
Last edited by SheX - Lost Mage on Wed May 23, 2007 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”