Bug reports

Information and updates for the "Le Royaume des Ombres" mod by Xaphan. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Xaphan

Tylenoll

Re: Le Royaume des Ombres - 1.03 (French and English)

Post by Tylenoll » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:40 pm

Xaphan" wrote:@Tylenoll : There is no location specified in your error message, wich is strange. Where where you when crash happened ? Wich class where you playing and wich skill whre you casting ? Did the crash happened again later ? Maybe this will help me to figure it out.

For runewords, that's strange you ask me this. If you properly updated to lastest version, you should drop many Runic scrolls that contain runewords. If you do not, you diden't updated properly. Check on game menu the version number of the mod. It should be 1.03. There is no runewords in game before 1.02. For charms, well, I think you mean monster charms. Just put 2 identical monster charms together in the cube. Let's say you have 2 'Demon Blood' charms. Both will show 1/5. Combine the 2 together and you will get a 2/5. Combine this 2/5 with an other 1/5 to get 3/5, and so on till 5/5 (It will then show completed).
I updated but it still shows 1.02? Idk what I'm doing wrong.

Edit I even reinstalled and made sure the updates and stuff were pointing to where the mod is and all that...

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:57 pm

1.02 Here is the version of D2Mod. DMod is a system thet allow modmaker to load plugins in their mods.

The current mod version you have is 1.00, in other worlds, not updated at all (and this explain many of your questions !).

As I have completely redone the assistant to install the mod (He will now do the job 100% for you, so you can't be wrong), it may be easier for you to just download mod and update again and let's him do everything for you.

Something you can check however : a common error is to install the update in the 'Le Royaume des Ombres' folder, and not in the 'MODS', resulting having an other folder called 'Le Royaume des Ombres' in the first 'Le Royaume des Ombres' folder. Check if it's not what happened for you.

Also, once in 1.03, buy a new weapon from a vendor since the one you will have will not take into account dex and str bonuses.

This is how it must look when everything is ok :

Tylenoll

Post by Tylenoll » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:57 pm

Well, got it updated to where it is 1.03, 1.02 but now I join a friends game.. ( still have yet to see any runeword scrolls or whatever you said drop) and I then I noticed I'm not getting fame after any kill and there is no level up nova. -_- man.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:09 am

Did you friend updated too ? You must have the same version, otherwise wierd things will happen !

If you used the same character as the one that did not get fame and levelup nova before, it won't now. As I said, start a new fresh character and see if you gain fame or not. If you do not get any fame with a new character, then there is something wrong.

Tylenoll

Post by Tylenoll » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:08 am

Xaphan" wrote:Did you friend updated too ? You must have the same version, otherwise wierd things will happen !

If you used the same character as the one that did not get fame and levelup nova before, it won't now. As I said, start a new fresh character and see if you gain fame or not. If you do not get any fame with a new character, then there is something wrong.
I made a few new chars and one of them worked, he does have the same updated version.

We got to the 3rd town, I clicked on a merchant and got an error so I just quit lol.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:54 pm

Well, first try to chech if your antivirus is not blocking any files from the mod. This has already been seen and may be the cause of the problem you have. Next, when you have a crash send me a private message with the debuglog file so I can look at it :)

Edit : Version 1.04 is now avaible ! Check first post :)

Edit 2 :

Here are 3 of the 186 new unique items that will be avaible in next update ! :
Image Image Image

Once they all will be done, I'm going to add some sets !
I have currently have done 25/186 uniques.

Edit 3:

I am finaly working on skills instead of items in this update, for 2 reasons. First, I am not satisfied with my current unique items. Second, skill issue is more important and changing the way skills work will have consequences on items.

So, here are my plans for the skill system:
- All skills will be available at level 1.
- Active skills max level will be 5, and will increase by 1 for every two levels in the mastery. Formula is Max Level = 5+(Mastery level)/2. Ex : For a mastery level of 20, max skills level is 5+20/2 = 15.
- If a skill have an upgrade skill bound to it, you need to put at least 10 points into the skill to unlock the upgrade skill.
- If a skill have an other upgrade skill bound to it, you need to put at least 5 points in the first upgrade skill to unlock the second one.
- Some skills will be balanced, so all skill will be usefully for the whole game.
- Anything else (skills and masteries costs, points gained at level up, etc...) will stay the same as now.

What do you think of theses changes ?

trotzor

Re: Le Royaume des Ombres - 1.05 (French and English)

Post by trotzor » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:11 pm

I have completely cleared, and thoroughly searched every square inch of Tulisam, and the emblem of heaven is nowhere to be found... am I doing something wrong?
I generated a new map, killed 'the ringleader' multiple times, and searched every house. Maybe its not dropping anymore?

Other than that, FANTASTIC mod, better than any others I've tried, which is quite a few!

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:01 pm

Hmm I will check that, and if there is something wrong, I will fix it ASAP.

Edit : Look like you'r right, it dosen't drop. I will fix that quickly !

Edit 2: Ok, this is fixed. Just re-download the update, and install and it will be corrected. I have also corrected an other small bug that prevented the monster that drop this emblem to have any minions with her. So now She have some.

trotzor

Post by trotzor » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:28 pm

Well, that was fast... Thanks for the quick fix!

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:32 pm

Yea :)

If you can confirm it drop now that would be good, but I tested and it droped for me so it should work :)

trotzor

Post by trotzor » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:24 pm

Well it drops now!

Unfortunately, I'm crashing as I explore the second level of the Triune Temple :(
I'll see if I can get a screenie of the error.

EDIT: Behold!

EDIT2: I went ahead and regened the map, and aside from some non-terminal error spam in Level1 of the temple, it works fine now! I'm crossing my fingers for smooth sailing to the end of Act 1 now. :D

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:40 pm

Error happens because item try to drop on an area it's not allowed to, maybe close to a warp?

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:31 pm

Hmm I already corrected an error at this location, and did not have any more, so that's strange you have one. I will take a look at this later.

saesa
Czech Republic

Post by saesa » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:45 am

But ruins of the temple level 2, "TestDungeonRoom" keeps exception-dropping me. You should fix this asap as we cannot progress.
PK

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:45 pm

@saesa : Can you send me your save including all files (not only the .d2s), so I can test it and correct the issue ? Thanks !

drconfused

Post by drconfused » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:08 am

I put all the necessary ingredients to do the basic 20% experience bonus into the cube and it will not transmute? Is there something special that needs to be done before able to craft potions?

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:10 am

Some recicpes need a level into a crafting discipline. It's only the case if it's specified in the recipe.

Also, you need to put the recipe with all the ingredients into the cube to make it work. That may be the problem. If not, I'm going to check on my side.

drconfused

Post by drconfused » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:31 am

It is the simple experience recipe, I followed the directions to the letter and nothing.

And also the quest 5 in the Quest Log states to take the hammer to Pasu in Kalinash and he is in Viz-Jun

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:49 am

Will see that when I have time.

For quest log, I've seen that and have corrected it, it will be in the next update.

Edit : Quickly checked and, yes, you'r right. I've probably messed up something while rearanging the file. I will corect this in the next update. For now, it look like ALL potion related recipies are messed up.

drconfused

Re: Le Royaume des Ombres - 1.06 (French and English)

Post by drconfused » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:40 am

After the update I get this

Error 25: A critical error has occurred while initializing Direct3D

odie200

Post by odie200 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:31 am

I'm trying to install this mod and its telling me Error: Please install D2SE before installing this mod.. I've Reinstalled D2SE like 5 time and it still wont work I got it from the keep so its the right one so IDK. If someone could help that would be awesome.

Fixed it

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:52 pm

@drconfused : Try to run it in windowed mode, as Direct 3D is related to fullscreen. You can also click the D2VidTest button on D2SE to do the test again, maybe it will solve this error :)

drconfused

Post by drconfused » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:00 pm

That worked! Thanks.

How do we enter act 2?

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:40 pm

You can't actually. It will be in version 2.00 :) As I said, I've decided to release it fully in 2.00 instead of a small part in 1.06. It progress well on my side, map is like 70% done. Once finished, I only need to add monsters and anything quest related (dialogs, NPC speechs, etc...) wich will not take too long to be done :)

DeadCell
Australia

Post by DeadCell » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:46 pm

An enjoyable mod indeed. However, when entering the Ruins of the temple, I get the ptWarp error.
Attachments
D2 Error ptWarp.png
D2 Error ptWarp.png (6.77 KiB) Viewed 16180 times

Return to “Le Royaume des Ombres”