Le Royaume des Ombres 5.03 - Features and Download

Information and updates for the "Le Royaume des Ombres" mod by Xaphan. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Xaphan

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Le Royaume des Ombres 5.03 - Features and Download

Post by Xaphan » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:11 pm

This version include all acts and the quests related
Future update will come in the near future adding more stuff to theses acts, correcting bugs and translations problems
There is some things you need to know before playing :
This version is both in french and english
This version will allow you to play all class in the mod
There is no restriction of level or anything related
Please note :
This mod NEED D2SE to be used
Because this mod use D2SE, it work on any version, and saves are stored separated from other mods
To play in french, choose FRA from the D2SE main screen drop-down list, and choose ENG to play in english
Features list (I may have missed many things, mod is huge)
UI
* Play in 1024x768 or 1200x768.
* UI is now totally new in game as in the menus.
* More stats are showed in the stat screen.
* Inventory, horadric cube and many other places are now bigger.
* Mod use plugy.
* Hireling now can equip gloves, boots, amulet, an hireling only item and 1 artefact (see below)
* Life and mana value are always shown on orbs.
* Battle.net button removed from main menu.
* You can play via Hamachi using the Multijoueur/Multiplayer button on the main menu.
* Character creation have been modified.
* Every items have a new inventory picture.
* Monster life bar is now green and should be more visible.
* Credits can be seen by clicking on the 'Credits' button on the main menu.

Sounds
* New sounds are added for many things.
* New musics are also added.

Items
* New colors are now used to help you to know what items are used for :
- White for normal items
- Gray for item with sockets
- Blue for magic items
- Yellow for rare items
- Green for set items
- Gold for unique items
- Purple for quest items and very rare legendary items
- Red for potions
- Orange for items than can be socketed into others (such as runes and gems)
- Light green for crafting materials
- Light brown for orbs
- Crystal blue for mystic formulas (See bellow)
- Pink for Scrolls (See bellow)
* 120 new runewords have been added.
* Magic properties are now in light brown.
* Items comme with greens stats that depend of the item suffix. Theses stats are on all weapons and armors, of any quality.
* Low items are removed from the game.
* New armors are avaible (Remplace old ones) : Helms, Torso armors, Gloves, Pants, Boots and Shields.
- They exist in 3 different type of material per difficulty. Some are dedicased to hand to hand, ranged combat or magic combat. Requirements are based on one of the 3 paths you can choose. (See bellow)
* New weapons avaibles (Remplace old ones) : Crossbows, Bows, Spears, One and two handed axes, One and two handed swords, One and two handed maces, Daggers, Staffs and Wands.
- They exist in 3 different type of material per difficulty. Requirements are based on one of the 3 paths you can choose. (See bellow)
* New class-only items.
* New hireling only items.
* Many items can be socketed like amulets, gloves, pants and boots.
* New socketables items : relics and charms. Combine thems to upgrade their power. Up to 5 pieces of the same charm and 3 pieces of the same relic can be combined. Relics and charms get an additionnal bonus (or the bonus they give is improved) when fully completed. There is 26 charms and 32 relics per difficulty. Charms drops based on the monster you killed and relics drop based on the act you'r in.
* There is now 20 runes per difficulty level. They have all the same rarity, but some only drop in a specific act.
* Gems have increased powers. Skulls have been removed, and Onyx added. There is now 14 leves of rarity for gems.
* Added news scrolls that add temporary bonus to you and all allies near you. There is 9 that exist for each difficulty level with 3 levels of power. Others 16 are avaible depending of the difficulty level you'r playing in. They can be brought to a specific NPC or looted from containers (Not from monsters).
* New item type : artefacts. They can't be looted or buy, but are created with relics and charms with a mystic formula. You can equip 1 maximum at one time. There is 3 types of artefacts : Lesser, Greater and Divine. Strongest artefacts can give you some uniques skills or auras.
* Added dyes to color your stuff. They can be brought or looted.
* New runes only useable in amulets allow you to boost a specific skill (or learn it if you do not have it). There is one rune type per class.
* Added a new scroll that allow you to open your stash whenewer you are.
* Added two news scrolls allowing you to reset your stats and your skills.
* New crafting materials are added. Use them to crafts powerfull weapons, gems, jewels and potions. Crafting an item increase the coresponding skill (Smith, jevellery or alchimy) displayed on stat screen. (See bellow for more)
* Orbs added. They allow you to renforce an item, add sockets to it or even reroll the mods in the item. There is also other usages.
* You can now bug glyphs to upgrade your armors and sigils to upgrade your weapons.
* Superunique monsters can drop their soul. You can use this soul to get unique items.
* Life and mana potions now give a percentage of your life or mana back. There is 5 type of potions for each. All can be found till the beginning of the game, but best ones drop more often later.
* Magic prefixes and suffixes are not dispayed anymore.
* Rare items names are not displayed anymore.
* Prefixes and suffixes are based on your level. They don't need any level requirement.
* Town portal books can have up to 25 scrolls.
* Items are already identified when they drop.

Playability
* 7 new class with new skills and some old skills they did not have before.
* Max level is 75.
* Player start with a weapon adapted to his character, as well as an starting armor.
* Player start with 500 gold pieces.
* Player gain 10 stat points per level up.
* Player gain form 2 to 5 skill points per level up, depending of his level.
* 4 news stats can be increased with your stat points : Vitality (increase life by 2 per point), Intelligence (Increase mana by 2 per point), Wisdom (Increase fame you get by killing monster by 1% per point) and Might (Increase damage of all your skill (and minions) by 1% per point).
* There is no experience penality at hight levels.
* Drop system completely redone from scratch. Now monster drop items related to the level they are. It's also impossible to drop anything from other difficulty levels.
* Players now earn fame when they kill monsters. The higer level the monster is, the more fame you got. Champions and boss monsters reward more fame..
* Completely new shrine system, including super powerfull shrines and cursed ones

Crafting system
* Players can craft their own items using plans they can brought.
* It is possible to craft socketed items (with max amount of sockets), magic items and rare items.
* Every crafted items can have 2 choosed magic properties.
* Using salvage kits, you can get ingredient needed to craft others items. Some loot, others have to be salvaged.
* It is possible to craft jewels that have the properties of 3 gems combined. Jewels crafted this way can be socketed in any item that have sockets.

Skills
* Each class have acces to 2 masteries and 4 tree of specialities.
* Each mastery is composed of the mastery itself (a passive skill that improve character stats), 17 active skills and 17 upgrade skills (skill that upgrade active skills).
* Increasing a mastery unlock more skills in that mastery and improve all skills of that mastery. Increasing a mastery cost more skill point at hight level. Maximum level of a mastery is 30.
* Maximum level of active skills is 20, and for upgrade skills it's 10.
* Increasing specialities cost fame. You can chose one of the 4 trees composed of 10 skills each.
* Each specialities tree is bound to a path skill. The level of this skill will determine the weapons and armors you can equip. Increasing this skill cost fame, but less than increasing others related specialities.
* There is no level required to learn any skill.
* Fame is dispayed on the stamina bar. Max fame is determined by your level.

World
* Every maps are news. There is many variation of every maps with the exeption of towns.
* There is now more than 1 town per act.
* Waypoints are always in towns or in safe maps (no monsters).
* When you leave the game, you start back in the town linked to the area you where in, and not in the very first town. The same applies whith town portals.

Monsters
* Every monsters have now powers. At the beggining of the game, monsters have only 1 power, but as the game go, they will get more.
* Every monsters have now resistances. At the beggining of the game, monsters do not have any, but as the game go, they will get more. In normal mode, resistance equal to 30%, in epic mode, it equal to 60% and in Legendary mode, it's 90%. As such, there is no immunity anymore.
* Monsters powers and resistances are always shown under monster life bar.
* The more the game goes, the more different monsters you can meet on a same area.
* New monster rank : Veteran. Veterans are more powerfull versions on normal monsters but they are more rare.
* New monster rank : Elite. Elites are more powerfull versions on champions monsters.

Others
* When playing in windowed mode, the window dosen't reduce itself if you click out of the window.
Where to download :
You can download version 5.00 of the mod from the following link :

Don't forget to check for updates below!
Updates
Updates need a full version to work ! Don't forget to download the last one above
Want to help me ?
You can ! If you found any bug, you can report thems to me so I can correct thems. If you have ideas, you can also send thems to me so I may add thems to the mod.
To conclude...
I hope you will enjoy this first version of the mod. Many things are subjects to change on future releases!

BroghamZvatox

Re: Le Royaume des Ombres 3.01 - Features and Download

Post by BroghamZvatox » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:20 am

Does this mod make the game significantly more difficult?

The one objection I have with Median XL is that it radically increases the deadliness of the monsters.

This might be a favorable addition for more experienced and devoted players who are looking for a challenge, but for someone who has commitment problems (like myself) it is a detriment.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:27 am

Some monsters (mainly elites and some champions) are hard, yes. But this is mainly due to balance issues (it's not perfectly balanced yet) so the character you use will give you different difficulties gameplays.

Teragon

Post by Teragon » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:21 am

Do you have any detailed readme's regarding gameplay mechanics like a good txt or pdf tutorial the npc's text scrolls painfully slowly and i would like to get a leg up on some of the nuances you added.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:35 pm

No sorry, no readme or anything like that for now. Some documentation is planned, but for later.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: Le Royaume des Ombres 3.02 - Features and Download

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue May 06, 2014 9:22 pm

hey...I finally installed your mod,and it works...looks very interesting for now,but man I guess I should start writing down some of the many mistakes in Skill descriptions and in NPC speeches...will save them in a txt and send it to ya if you want??? also a doc would come in very handy and is a must since you changed so many things,if ya need help with that just shout...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Tue May 06, 2014 10:04 pm

There is a lot of issues with translation. You can pretty much expect that when you know that I translated almost everything alone !

And for a doc, this is planned but not in the near future. Probably not before all 3 difficulties are done. As of now, many things can change drastically. It's the case in 3.02 for exemple.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed May 07, 2014 1:15 pm

I don't know how i even managed to download 3.01 gotta download 3.02 now...last time it also said that it is 3.02 but now that i look at the file it says clearly at the end it is 3.01...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

Firesnake
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Firesnake » Wed May 07, 2014 1:30 pm

Xaphan" wrote:There is a lot of issues with translation. You can pretty much expect that when you know that I translated almost everything alone !
Is it possible to get a hold on the translated text in a different format than just the ingame texts? I found a couple of minor errors (spelling, grammar) and I'd gladly be willing to help correcting them. But doing it ingame requires a lot of work to write everything down (e.g. NPC, Town, Quest, Item, Monster, text passage, correction, ...).

It would be a lot easier if I had an editable version to work with. So if you have a text file or something like that I can have a look at it if you want. However, I'm not a native speaker either.

This is a minor issue. Everything so far is easily understandable, which is the most important thing. The shoots vs shouts thing took me a test to figure it out, but I've seen that you have already fixed it.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed May 07, 2014 1:50 pm

Also maybe it would be a good idea to include Change Log in your download,that way the players would roughly know what to expect and what kind of changes have been made,just until you make a Doc,it would be usefull...I am all for helping out and Firesnake has a point,with access to such a file we would be able to help out much more efficiently...

I bite down hard

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Wed May 07, 2014 3:07 pm

If you know how to use a tbl editor (that's not hard at all honestly), then I can give you the english files and you can fix the errors you see there. But beware of spoilers ^^

Also, as I update the mod, some lines in these files are removed, added or modified. So it can be a bit complicated.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed May 07, 2014 3:33 pm

Sure,when do you plan on 4.00???maybe we could do the editing before then???will you send it in a PM or???also maybe you could split the files between me and Firesnake???would go faster if more of us are working on it...how many files need to be edited???

Edit: which Tbl editor do you use???does it even have to be the same???

I bite down hard

Hex28

Post by Hex28 » Wed May 07, 2014 5:30 pm

I installed and its says bad char data or bad generic... what to do?

Firesnake
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Firesnake » Wed May 07, 2014 5:47 pm

Hex28" wrote:I installed and its says bad char data or bad generic... what to do?
Are you trying to use your 3.01 characters?
Many items were removed and unless you cleaned your savegames, the chars can't be loaded. I just rerolled completely and I think that's what you should do too - at least Xaphan recommended it to me when I asked.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Wed May 07, 2014 6:29 pm

Lucifer666" wrote:Sure,when do you plan on 4.00???maybe we could do the editing before then???will you send it in a PM or???also maybe you could split the files between me and Firesnake???would go faster if more of us are working on it...how many files need to be edited???

Edit: which Tbl editor do you use???does it even have to be the same???

I'm using QTblEditor but AFJ tbl Edit 1.00 can also do the job. QTblEditor is probably more user friendly.

I usually take seomthing like 1 month between each update, and there is 3 files to edit. They are not small ones.
Hex28" wrote:I installed and its says bad char data or bad generic... what to do?
You can't use your old characters. You have to start new ones. Also, make sure your shared stash is empty else it won't load.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed May 07, 2014 6:47 pm

okay i got me a QTBL one...I have a suggestion on skills that are operated on Wisdom and do not gain any synergy from associated Mastery like Energy Shield for Example,the Mastery should give those kinds of Skills a increase in Duration of 5 Sec that would also be further amplified by Wisdom...the way buffs are they need to be constantly recast...

I bite down hard

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Wed May 07, 2014 6:52 pm

Wisdom is going to be changed :
It will increase the power of buffs instead of their duration. Their duration will be greatly increased (somehing like 5 minutes for the majority of thems, up to 10 minutes with the speciality). The idea is to make wisdom a real stat instead of a quality of life one.

Firesnake
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Firesnake » Thu May 08, 2014 7:35 pm

Got it too. I should have some time this weekend. I'll pm you with contact details.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Fri May 09, 2014 8:27 am

You should have my Mail from last time,just send me what you want me to work on...

I bite down hard

darkdivine

Re: Le Royaume des Ombres 4.00 - Features and Download

Post by darkdivine » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:02 am

awww... can't download yet until moddb authorize the mod.

Firesnake
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: Le Royaume des Ombres 4.00 - Features and Download

Post by Firesnake » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:44 pm

Finally! :D
Can't wait to play tonight. And today is friday just before a long weekend, you're the best!

glokal94swe

Re: Le Royaume des Ombres 4.01 - Features and Download

Post by glokal94swe » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:52 am

when does act 5 come :D?
And how do get higher gear lvl so i can use like gear lvl 3 ??

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:33 pm

I'm working on it. So Hopfully this year :)

For gear level, you need to kill monsters to get fame -see the bar under your stamina bar). Once you have enought, open your skills trees, and in the Specialities tab there is a skill that look like a +. You need to increase this skill to increase your gear level.

glokal94swe

Post by glokal94swe » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:51 pm

great :) thanks really love ur mod u have put some serious work to it compared to the other mods :)

nguyentai44
Vietnam

Post by nguyentai44 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:52 pm

first sorry for my bad english
Tks to Xaphan very much ! I love u !
Iam going to open a realm for this mod in my country - Viet Nam
Can i get yr yahoo/fb for contact ?

any build guide for this mod ? i cant use any software to cheat to test skill for building test. Must have a build guide for all newbies

Return to “Le Royaume des Ombres”