Ask the Experts

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: Ask the Experts

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:42 pm

IAS on weapon is counted differently,there is a post somewhere that explains it nicely,don't have time now to provide a link,but the point was something like you would need double the IAS on other slots,or something like that,anyway the place for IAS is on WEAPON...

but you should not need to DStone any IAS on your gear,with ultimate gear it will be redundant...and anyway you got a Aura that boosts your IAS among other things if that is what you lack on Pally...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

Maka

Post by Maka » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:11 pm

Lucifer666" wrote:IAS on weapon is counted differently,there is a post somewhere that explains it nicely,don't have time now to provide a link,but the point was something like you would need double the IAS on other slots,or something like that,anyway the place for IAS is on WEAPON...

but you should not need to DStone any IAS on your gear,with ultimate gear it will be redundant...and anyway you got a Aura that boosts your IAS among other things if that is what you lack on Pally...
Yeah, I wasn't thinking of d-stoning any IAS, %ED all the way. Just wanted to make sure that I reached the appropriate breakpoint, and also that there was no waste of IAS (don't wanna go too much over the bp without reaching the next one).~

Thanks for your answer.

Maka

Post by Maka » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:38 pm

After years of playing on and off, I finally got my first Wo rune. 5 minutes later, I got my first Null rune.
This game.....

Maka

Post by Maka » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:30 pm

Synergies are the only way to affect the level of "Aura X when equipped", correct?

Maka

Post by Maka » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:13 pm

Found an ethereal Katana that I wanted to imbue and start rerolling, but.....it has sockets. So I can't imbue it. Is there anything I can do to it to make it a rerollable rare, or do I need to find another one?

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:56 pm

Please edit your last post if you are the last to post... the topic will be shown as updated to others so no need for bumping...

Synergies affect the damage of Aura X when equipped,not its level...

Yes,you would need another one if it has sockets...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

Maka

Post by Maka » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:28 am

Lucifer666" wrote:Please edit your last post if you are the last to post... the topic will be shown as updated to others so no need for bumping...

Synergies affect the damage of Aura X when equipped,not its level...

Yes,you would need another one if it has sockets...
Thanks, and sorry about the multiple posts.
By trial and error, I realised that synergies affect the "synergy" part of the aura on gear (who would've thought, right ;) ). In my particular case, my Act 2 Might merc is wearing an Annihilation-forged amulet, so its Might aura raises the Crushing blow bonus from Anni. So if I saw it right, Anni is still level 4, but gives me a lot of CB due to Might synergy.

Does Cloak of Shadows override Amp Damage? I'm pretty sure it does, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Also: is a +20 life small charm worth turning into a square charm? Or are square charms best made from bad charms, because they're best when rerolled?

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:17 pm

Yes CoS overwrites other Curses..

Square Charms are best rerolled until you get +Skills and or +Life or something usefull to your char as it is really cheap to reroll them with gems considering the benefits...

I bite down hard

Maka

Post by Maka » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:34 pm

Thanks. After some time scouring the forum, I found some people saying that they roll as if they were grand charms. I had no idea they could roll as skillers (just like I had no idea that life/clvl isn't multiplied by +life%).

What would you say is the best way to get DStones? Sometimes I do HoD runs, but I'm not sure that's very efficient. Perhaps just playing the special areas on high /p is better, because I can get other stuff as well.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:21 pm

the best way is to pick up everything set and unique and put em in a stocker, i collected more than 3000 decipherer points with one of my chars that way by the time he was lvl 95,played mostly on p/8 and in hell as elites give the most decipherer points...any area in hell is as good as the special with at least 100 - 150 % MF...
8 decipherers = Dstone
ancient scroll = Dstone
Edit: not to mention the mass of good rares and etherial items that will drop too...hell is the place for farming in this mod,every purple rune can drop from the start of hell as can every unique charm,and many other good items...

I bite down hard

Maka

Post by Maka » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:41 am

Yes, that's what I usually do, although I mostly stick to special areas (perhaps I overestimate their importance).

Just rerolled a dualmax (+2.5/+3%) GMB for my gold-find Multishot/Strafe zon, but it has no %ED. Do you think it's worth dstoning, or should I use it as is (forged and socketed, ofc) and wait for one with dualmax and %ED (I have another rare GMB in stash that I can reroll)?

(level 82 character)

Is it worth dstoning %ED?

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:51 pm

Bows are cheap to reroll as they can't be etherial...i would roll for a better bonus to skills along the dualmax mods...but thats me...you should check out the rate the rare thread,and craftmania threads,some really nice items there...

I bite down hard

Maka

Post by Maka » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:38 pm

Thanks, I'll do that. I'll use this one as a placeholder while I reroll the other one.

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:46 pm

figure I should come out of the hiatus crawlspace for this one.

Your 2.5/3% dualmax is amazing. It might not have the %ED at the moment, but it works for when you do get another rolled for 2.5/3% + ED (or even 2/2.5% + ED). The only taint with that one, what lucifer said, is that your bow is +2 to bow/xbow, but I don't see that as a horrible crutch for the time being.

unrelated: higher /players increases the drop rate. The higher the number, the more powerful the monsters will be, but the more likely they'll drop anything. I've done this for gold runs, when I had my greedy barb. it should be the same if you've gotten some decent MF and kinda overkill most mobs in a lower /p ranking.
Diary, Info, Trading List from Bastige
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)
Became an Arch-Angel: 04/08/2012 I still don't see any wings.
Current highest character: Literal (94) Amazon

Maka

Post by Maka » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:18 pm

Thanks for your input, psycho.
Spent 20 million in rerolls, but so far no dualmax. Will keep on trying.
Btw, is there a way to use the gem can to reroll? Because buying flawless gems, putting 2 in the cube and transmuting is getting slightly annoying ;)

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:42 am

hi ES experts. i'm new to ES. i have the R6 Unofficial 4.1N patch installed. been playing for 2 weeks with iaigiri sin at lvl 24. so far my problem is crafting items, places and critters they spawn from.

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:13 am

Hi Mate,

please be a little more specific with your issues.

http://esdb.d2se.org/ provides most of the recipies, Spawn Locations etc for the App, for in-depth questions please specify what exactly troubles you.

Cheers
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:33 am

thanks gogodanny for replying. i'm starting to think that this was another deserted forum. i had the database downloaded for offline viewing. anything i missed i just go back to the manual or website to get more info. iaigirisin currently at lvl 54, act3 normal. here are my problems.

1. i still can't equip assassin loops magic, rare and prolly uniques. i'm using d2se now, considering reinstalling d2 and es to fix this.
2. this maybe is a stupid question. where can I farm for really good white items for making runewords outside of act5.
3. level requirements for the runewords. i haven't found a list from anywhere in the web until now.
4. quality upgrade/downgrade recipes for white/magic items. i'm still stuck with socketed rares to augment my motoko set.
5. is there a shorter way to gamble/reroll for that oskill fanatic/teleport? :cry:

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:52 am

Hi again,

@1) Don't run ES via D2SE you will lose out on quite an abundance of features (e.g. 2/2/4 Skillpoints, Gambling Filter etc...) - Clean Install isn't required btw. Simply Install the ES Version from the ES Database in the original Folder, it will create a subfolder and won't touch the original installation. Personally I prefer the official versions of the game.

@2) I recommend using the recipe for making a smallcharm with negative magicfind (thus dropping more white/grey items) and then going to cowlevel/lost-farm. Pretty much all "special areas" as seen on the Database Site provide a decent enough drop rate for all items. (http://esdb.d2se.org/)

@3) Usually the requirement for the runeword is the highest used rune.

@4) Drop rates in Versions other than the originally properly installed versions may suffer. I tend to find 5-10 Uniques/Sets on /players5 per act, sometimes even more

@5) Simply put - no: Make sure to look the minimum required level for the oskill (as seen in the database provided above) - thus you can simply level your char 5 levels above the minimum requirement and then game/craft/reroll with the highest chances. Thing is: There's a cr@pton of useful oskills and I usually start with an easy screen-clear char (javazone/amazone/casterdruid etc...) to get a bunch of items for other (new) builds that I am not familiar with :-)

If something else pops up, I'll check here pretty much daily :)
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:58 am

my 1.12 or 1.13 LoD installation was a no cd type so i don't know if es will run after installing it. i got 3.00 r6d full version just now.

i hope that i have the materials to make that charm.

i usually play in p16 setting and i haven't kept track of how many uniques per act yet.

thanks for the tip. i need to remove the d2se version and install the r6d full and hope that i get to up some levels.

:cool:

*edit* after a clean install of LoD (ISO version of LoD installers) and had 1.13 installed and the es300 r6d full installed, when i clicked on the game icon from the es directory, it didn't launch ES, same with es windowed icon. i'm downloading the 1.12a offline patch updater. gonna try to install later. :(

*edit* i tried the clean install to 1.12 patch and install es r6d like stabby did. when i tried to make a new char there's error message "unrecoverable internal error 6ff67b78". frustrated, i made another clean install into 1.13 and installed d2se, installed es300 r6d d2se version there. made a new samurai sin cuz my last char save had bad inventory data msg error. i guess i'm going miss out on those +4 skiller equipment that mentioned. :cry:

*edit* i got 1.12 & es r6d official working but i had to start fresh cuz of bad data error.

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:54 am

ES experts/veterans pls help.

my ninjato sin is almost lvl 55 (normal difficulty) and i think she's still lacking in damage/killspeed even with both achilles and motoko's set and I don't want to waste too much of my resources.

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:08 am

Hey there again - perhaps you should have a look here: http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?U ... in%20Guide or that one http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Hall_Ibuki

this isn't trying to make you look weak, but have a look at the items & Skills used there. Remember you can always reset your skills.

Basically: Make sure to use those shadowmaster/warriors they are godlike in this mod and if focused THEY can beat baal hell (not even joking here)

also: If your weapon sucks - you can cheaply rerolly rare wakizashis (for example or even katanas) with 1 flawless gem. The ilvl will only be 75 but some decent ed%/lvl or ed/lvl is still possible AND they got 1 socket

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:10 am

Question from me this time ...

I read from Gòeido (so i think) About a quick way to get Tasslehoff set. I urgently need it to progress (baseup & Convert or something) - can somebody help?

Or is what he means getting 3 unique drow-adamantite (or elven chains) and base upping them to elite then using 3 unique to set conversion?
Then doing the same for the other parts of the gear?
If so - that's pricey but smart :-D

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:46 pm

gogodanny" wrote:Hey there again - perhaps you should have a look here: http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?U ... in%20Guide or that one http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Hall_Ibuki

this isn't trying to make you look weak, but have a look at the items & Skills used there. Remember you can always reset your skills.

Basically: Make sure to use those shadowmaster/warriors they are godlike in this mod and if focused THEY can beat baal hell (not even joking here)

also: If your weapon sucks - you can cheaply rerolly rare wakizashis (for example or even katanas) with 1 flawless gem. The ilvl will only be 75 but some decent ed%/lvl or ed/lvl is still possible AND they got 1 socket
*edit* i did read Gòeido samurai sin guide once, haven't got to read other guides yet. my current sin has 1 shadowmaster at the moment. i'm too lazy to reset my skills. spent time earlier rerolling 4 rare ninja tos, got good physical damage, not lucky enough to get dual maxes, no procs or oskills though. i'm about to forge 1 and will get 2 sockets on it.
Last edited by niklaas on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:52 pm

gogodanny" wrote:Question from me this time ...

I read from Gòeido (so i think) About a quick way to get Tasslehoff set. I urgently need it to progress (baseup & Convert or something) - can somebody help?

Or is what he means getting 3 unique drow-adamantite (or elven chains) and base upping them to elite then using 3 unique to set conversion?
Then doing the same for the other parts of the gear?
If so - that's pricey but smart :-D
i wonder if i can do that to get other sets as well :idea:

Return to “Eastern Sun”