Starcraft: Remastered

Feel free to chat about anything unrelated to Diablo II and modmaking, just keep it legal :-) Please keep the spamming down though.

Moderators: AdiTT, Kardon

cla$$ics
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Hand-picked

Starcraft: Remastered

Post by cla$$ics » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:55 am

http://kotaku.com/blizzard-announces-st ... 1793649497

Seems like Blizzard is coming out with a new Starcraft game with the original sprite models updated to new resolutions...should we be expecting the same for Diablo 1 and 2? And more importantly, I wonder if the game engine structure has changed from old Starcraft to new Starcraft.
Although done for our needs, mod-makers should like these changes, too.
11/1/08 - COTL; 5/10/09 - Angel; 11/11/09 - Archangel

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Re: Starcraft: Remastered

Post by devurandom » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:24 pm

I think you could be on to something here, but if that's the case blizzard won't acknowledge it until its close to a release.

I'd slap down $ for remastered, so long as its not that stupid ass always online you don't own your copy DRM crap, or a WOW remake of D2... that would ruin the game.

WOW Diablo II HD Remake

Edit:

Here is David Brevik recently talking about remastering D2 (03/27/17)
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

MRCelSynap
Canada

Post by MRCelSynap » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 am

The "HD Remake" of D2 is a Starcraft 2 map that's being put together, from what I hear it isn't very good either

David Brevik also no longer works with Blizzard, so his talk is simply speculation at this point - even if he has some valid points, I doubt they're anywhere near as major as he seems to make it
Check me out on Twitch as I will be periodically streaming my modding progress

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:38 am

MRCelSynap" wrote: David Brevik also no longer works with Blizzard, so his talk is simply speculation at this point - even if he has some valid points, I doubt they're anywhere near as major as he seems to make it

I Tend to agree with the points he makes. Would take years to remake the game in HD and might be impossible to give it the same feel look, and the quirks that users expect from D2. Which gives me some relief that the same blizzard employees that ruined D3 by turning it into a cartoon version will never get their chance to do that same crap to D2. Just isn't economically feasible to even try that route.

Remastering D2 using the same engine with enhanced graphics might a different story?

At this point users would be happy if blizzard would dig out their half finished expansion pack for LOD and finish it.
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

bleedingapathy
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Paladin

Post by bleedingapathy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:36 pm

one can dream can't they? but I would not like for people at blizzard to touch it because they will despoil it beyond belief. pardon my cynicism, after the unsightly blight that is d3 was released I highly doubt they can pull it off.

MRCelSynap
Canada

Post by MRCelSynap » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:09 am

devurandom" wrote:
MRCelSynap" wrote: At this point users would be happy if blizzard would dig out their half finished expansion pack for LOD and finish it.
So much this that it isn't funny...
Check me out on Twitch as I will be periodically streaming my modding progress

Return to “Off-Topic”