Is it possible to make mods with PluGy installed?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

TrickPlay

Is it possible to make mods with PluGy installed?

Post by TrickPlay » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:45 am

Hey guys, just a quick question regarding plugy, I'd like to make some simple changes to Single Player such as change the recipe for next higher rune to X2 and remove the chipped gem requirement. All softcode stuff.

I was wondering how i could do it with Plugy installed? Is it even possible? What directories / shortcuts would i have to make?

Cheers!!!

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Re: Is it possible to make mods with PluGy installed?

Post by jetaman » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:23 am

Search D2se plugins and download My mod plugin. there is plugy.

TrickPlay

Post by TrickPlay » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:16 am

I have D2SE installed, so i just download and install 'my mod' plugin for PluGy?

Wanted to clarify what you mean

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Post by jetaman » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:28 am

D2se has plugy installed in all mods.

ChaosMarc
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by ChaosMarc » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:35 am

With D2SE you can use PlugY with all vanilla (unmodified) patch versions that are supported by plugy 10 (1.09b - 1.13c). just launch D2SE select a patch version on the left, check the plugy checkbox on the right and click on "Start Plugin" (not "Start D2")

If you want to make you own changes to the game aka modding, you can use the "My Mod" D2SE-Plugin. This will add a new Plugin to the D2SE launcher that you can start exactly like the vanilla versions (with plugy too). You can change the base version of the D2 in the D2SE_SETUP.ini found in the "Diablo II\MODS\My Mod" Folder. For the softcoded changes you want put your data/global/excel/ folder in the "My Mod" directory and check the 2 checkboxes in the bottom right corner in D2SE before launching the game.

See the D2SE board for more information: http://snej.org/forum/index.php?topic=18504.0

TrickPlay

Post by TrickPlay » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:49 am

Ah yes i get what Jetaman is saying now, thank you mastercaster for simpifying it for me, I'm sure you could tell i had poor experience with these programs :) also thank you to Jetaman as well

Return to “General Mod Making”