Hall of Valor
Welcome to the Hall of Valor!
On this page, you will find the major breakthroughs in modmaking documented, and the people behind them and their achievements or accolades recognized.
If you feel we left someone out you can nominate someone deserving by sending a private message to one of the active site admins.
- The Founder of D2 Code Editing (1.03).
- Author of the Kagero Mod, one of the first mods focusing on gameplay changes ratter then items.
Article(s): Spawning A Random Item From A Recipe (by Acromantic Aria) Topic(s): Nezeramontias is currently in a state of flux/unavailable File(s): Kagero v1.03 Nezeramontias v1.05 Nezeramontias v1.09
- Apocalypse Demon
- D1 Animation Conversions, greatly expanding Nefarius' work in the area.
- Monster Animation Conversion from other games.
- One of the first people to truly start d2 code editing.
- For great help in the forums.
- Discovery of the offsets used for healing potions and mana potion values.
- Discovery of the offsets used for various quest rewards.
Hammerman - Great knowledge of the game dll files, extensive researcher on game code.
- Detailed code guides for ptUnit and ptGame (key dynamic data structures)
- Figured out offsets for the experience penalty above L75
- Found the function lookup table for OperateFn used by objects in Objects.txt
- Detailed clarifications for many different code sections.
- Kept the Keep alive durning Phrozen's absence.
- Second Webmaster of the Keep.
- Creating the first UBB version of the Phrozen Forums.
File(s): D1-to-D2 Image Palette Converter DII CC Loader v0.0.3 DII CC Loader v0.0.3 (Windows) Gamble Enabler Iowan's Mod Launcher v1.04 (English) Iowan's Mod Launcher v1.04 (German) Phrozen File Splitter
- Jeff Bouley
- Discovery of the Txt File Record Limits.
- Extensive txt-based monster swapping.
- Kept the running and up to date during Phrozen's absence and to the present day.
File(s): JBouley's Rough Notes
- Coding work that enabled 1.09d modders to do custom DLL programming in C++, based on the work of Sir_General and Joel. Article(s): Armor.txt File Guide Giving Items to Minions/Monsters (by Joel & Kingpin) Linking Outdoor Areas Together (by Kingpin) Make Monsters Use the Quest Treasure Class (by Kingpin) Monster Sequence Tutuorial (by Kingpin) Randomizing Levels (by Kingpin) Topic(s): Its now possible to make own preset areas New Tutorial: How to turn wilderness area into a cave
- Class-based player titles
Pioneering the understanding of the Cof Files structure.
- Co-webmaster of the Phrozen Keep
- Helping many members get a better understanding of assembly.
Topic(s): DS1 Objects Lycanthropy, Skills over 20, and still more errors... New Fields? New Tables!! Roll Your Own Error Messages Transferring summoning skills File(s): Animation Data Books of Lore (v1.09b) Books of Lore (v1.09d) Mod Running Scripts New Cube Input DLL Edits (v1.09x) New Titles d2extra.dll Pack v2.0 d2extra.dll Pack v2.0
- Creator of many of the keep's Fileguides.
- Author of many of the keep's Tutorials.
- Modding the XyRAX project from 1.02 to this day.
- Being one of the first to convert D1 Monsters to d2. (after FoxBat and Teknokyo)
- Helping many people in many aspects of modding.
- Discovered how to re-implement the butcher into d2, long time before animation editing.
- Co-webmaster of the Phrozen Keep
Topic(s): Another Sounds Table: Inventory (Item Sounds) Holy Crap - I cant believe what I just ran into! I DID IT! I added a new token! I found the monster sound tables in d2client.dll The Bounding-Box-Control-Dwords in the COF files explained
- Ondo (Peter Hatch)
- Author of the first mods for Diablo 2, Vinyaharma and Úthaur.
- Author of Enquettar, the first TBL editor.
- Co-admin of the Phrozen Keep.
- Found and co-webmaster of the map resource site Diabolic Cartography.
- Found and webmaster of the item resource site Inventharia.
- Webmaster of the Diablo 1 resource site Incandescence.
- Creator of the Diablo 1-based mod Back to Hellfire.
- Co-webmaster of Darque Onyx Mods.
Article(s): Interview - (2004-02-18) Joel and Blackheart Interview - (2004-03-04) Paul Siramy Interview - (2004-03-18) Char Interview - (2004-04-05) Darque Interview - (2004-04-15) Onyx Interview - (2004-04-26) Vegabond_635 Interview - (2004-07-09) spin Interview - (2004-07-26) Jeff Bouley Interview - (2004-09-03) Volf Interview - (2004-10-20) Myhrginoc and Deathscythe Interview - (2004-11-04) Richard A. Knaak File(s): Back to Hellfire beta 1
- Paul Siramy
- Author of many revolutionary modding tools.
- Made the source code for his tools available to the public.
- Helped in several Diablo II file format decoding (DT1, DS1, DAT, PL2, COF, DCC, D2, DC6 ...), with one or several Tools for editing them.
Article(s): Gfx/Colors Works For Set/Unique Items (v1.09x) The DT1 Format File(s): Animdata_edit DC6 Color v1.0 DC6Edit DCC Offsets (v1.09x) DT1 Tools beta v0.97 MERGE_DCC freeware 1.5 MPQ Datafile - Diablo 2 LoD v1.10 Final (Updated 07-26-05) win_ds1edit (rel. 04/23/07)
- Phrozen Heart
- Founder and Senior Admin of The Phrozen Keep.
- Creator of the first magic code master list.
- Rescuing the modding community after Diabloii.net dropped their modding community.
- Founder of the IE-resource site Infinitum.
- Rebuilt Incandescence after the collapse of Xfernet before handing it over to Onyx.
Article(s): History of the Phrozen Keep Topic(s): Infinitum Updates [RELEASE] Pagan Heart v0.995b (July 26th) File(s): Cubaholics v0.83b
RicFaith - Author of Many of the Fileguides on the Keep.
- Alot of work and discoveries in the field of code editing.
- One of the D2 Code Editing Pioneers.
- Alot of Info about the Dlls Comes from him.
- Single-handedly contributed about 40% of spin's DLL Offset Sheet.
- Pioneered the creation of useable items.
- Discovery of adding new passive skills.
- Discovery of how the raven skill works.
- Creator of the Rune mod, one of the first mods to completly change the item mechanics.
- Discovered a way to extend the levels limits & develope a plugin that allows 256 lines in levels.txt.
File(s): Diablo II v1.09b Code Editing Tutorial v1.00 Kill Counter Plugin v1.02 (v1.09b)
- With Myhrginoc's help and others (but especially Myhrginoc) he made the Macintosh beeing able to use equivalent of -direct -txt, thus bringing the so long desired modding possiblity by a Macintosh a reality. Topic(s): Macintosh (again!), bin conversion: YES!!! But...
- Webmaster, admin and tech supprt of the Phrozen Keep.
- - Host of the Phrozen Keep and all its sub sites since 2013. Filecenter since 2008.
- Act independent Backgrounds
- Cheater's Choice Mod 5
- Shadowflare Item Pack (.dc6 format)
- Xmas Season in Sanctuary v3.2
- Burning Velvet UI
- Collectors backpack v0.1.0
Creating new static automaps for towns
Tutorial Dt1 Exercise 1 - Replacing tiles in an existing dt1
Accomplish impressive code editing that always have been a dream for all modders with his infinite stash code. -Infinite stash (Plugy, The Survivial Kit)
- Long time moderator and now Admin of The Phrozen Keep.
- Great work in the field of code editing.
- Hosted the filecenter files since 2013
[1.13c] Extended Levels (Now with Dlls!)
GFX Masterlist [WIP] All Classic Missiles & Overlays