[LoD v1.09x] Nude Assassin v1.0 by Blue Orange

[LoD v1.09x] Nude Assassin v1.0 by Blue Orange

Description: Reviewed by Eisead for the Phrozen Keep.

Categories: Mod Reviews

If you have been here for more then a week you’ve seen it or heard about it. You may have been one of the many, many people who downloaded the mod. What makes this simple character graphics change such a ‘hot’ item? If you haven’t yet played it, don’t try to fight it, see it for yourself.

The mod itself is exactly what the name implies. It is the Nude Assassin Mod, what you see in the name is what you get. Let me start with how the work was done. To create a new character appearance of any kind requires that you edit the many existing animations or create new ones, and be sure they work together and are correctly placed within the game screen. It would appear the mod maker used a raw 3D model and took the frames himself. Or perhaps he handcrafted all the frames individually. Whichever method he chose, he accomplished a LOT of work.

Lets talk about the final product. The assassin, who is nude, is pretty well done. Most of the animations are set correctly and the actual body looks rather intriguing. The armorless body does seem a little odd though, something doesn’ t strike me as correct. While the leather body is just plain disturbing to myself due the gothic bondage look. But I guess if you’re into the gothic bondage thing then you’ll want to find some elite leather something to suit your ‘ needs’.

The above paragraph is kind of trivial, seeing as so many people have played it. Everyone already knows what is in the mod. But what I want to know is, does this help or hurt the mod community? I have two arguments.

This hurts the community because it casts the Phrozen Keep in a bad light. Here we are, trying to convenes the world that we are a professional group of modders yet we have nude mods hanging round the download center. Something about it doesn’ t hit home saying ‘endorse us, we’re all good boys here.’

The “doesn’t hurt us” argument goes something like this. First, Diablo II itself is rated M (meaning you should be over 17 to begin with), if there is a nude anything its alright. Secondly, the nudity itself is very softcore; images aside, the Assassin is still the same fighting machine she ever was. And lastly, this is a tribute to what can be done with Diablo II in the event you put some time and effort into it. Why should we get rid of something just because it can be considered shameful to a few people?

What are you thoughts on the infamous Nude assassin mod? Tell the world (because we care) by clicking here.

Link to this article: Select all

[url=https://d2mods.info/forum/kb/viewarticle?a=113&sid=35ec94ab962818213ba44c90bab7937f]Knowledge Base - [LoD v1.09x] Nude Assassin v1.0 by Blue Orange[/url]