[color=FF8800]1. What is the purpose of this contest?[/color]
This one is for fun as well as to show that you can be creative when doing your set items and complete sets.
[color=FF8800]2. What is the subject of this contest?[/color]
You will create a complete set, consisting of two to six items. Not just any set, but a particularly well-designed one. This may include item graphics, item names, item stats, base item choice and so on. You should have a good concept. If it all sounds familiar, it is because the rules are essentially the same as the last contest for unique items.
What especially does NOT matter is the level of the set and its items, or the power of the stats used. Make a nice level 5 set if you like---there certainly aren't too many of those! Originality and design counts, as well as the usefulness of the set in the game (at the time it can be found). The items and set bonuses should be "in balance" with the game, i.e. neither overpowered nor useless.
[color=FF8800]3. What are the rules?[/color]
You may use
- any base item from diablo2: lord of destruction (version 1.10)
- any stats / properties from diablo2: lord of destruction (version 1.10) and any stat / property you made yourself
- any graphics for your item
- itemstatcost.txt / properties.txt
- the .dc6 file for your own item graphics
- the .tbl files
- It has to work without code editing or any modded files (other than those listed above) in Diablo2: Lord of Destruction v1.10 final.
- It may not be a copy of any existing set (i.e. it must be your own creation, you may use a unique item from your own mod in a version that works in unmodded LOD)
- It must be useful. Just being a great looking set is not enough.
- It must use legitimate mod files, as noted above. Any entry using item files (e.g. .d2i) as produced by a character editor will be disqualified.
- The general concept (creativity of item, stats, name, how they fit together).
- The level requirements versus the power of the items. Overpowered sets will get a lesser ranking, as will underpowered ones.
- The item graphics, if provided (NOTE: If you do not have any new item graphics, do not hesitate to participate anyways. The graphics play a minor role in the rating of your set items).
- We will also look at the random variation of stats, as a set with variation is more individual than one without.
Any registered regular member of the Phrozen Keep in good standing according to our Terms of Service. Hosted Forum Moderators are also eligible as they are not full staff members. Staff moderators, senior moderators, administrators, and their families (including significant others) are not eligible, but they may participate in an unofficial capacity (see Showcase below).
[color=FF8800]7. Who are the judges?[/color]
Char, Joel and anyone else who gets roped into it in the meantime.
[color=FF8800]8. How shall the set be submitted?[/color]
After finishing your set and set items, pack all files into a .zip, .rar or .ace file and send them to Char. Your entry should include:
- All .txt files that you have edited starting from a clean set of 1.10 .txt files.
- The modified .tbl file OR the entries in a tbl.txt file (see below). We only accept english .tbl files.
- the modified .dc6 file, if you use one
It will help if you only send the lines that are new or changed from each txt file. That way we will not have to search for your work. Delete all other lines except for the header lines in the file. You might also send the lines from the .tbl file in a tab delimited .txt format, just like AFJ's or Joel's TBL editors export them. (Please tell us which tool you used for exporting.) For the .tbl file, please use expansionstring.tbl and make your entries the last ones in that file, or use a clean .tbl file with only your entries in it.
All entries must be sent in by midnight UTC June 27th. We will then start looking at the submitted sets, and announce the contest winner in the Phrozen Keep News on July 1st.
[color=FF8800]10. What is the Prize?[/color]
Myhrginoc has once again volunteered all of AdiTT's PK:OT Lottery winnings to fund the pot.
Actually we can not really offer money for the winner, not even OT-bucks. But we will post the winner's Keep name in bright lights in the Weekly Update. And we might name the Keep Mascot after you, if we ever choose to have a Keep Mascot.
[color=FF8800]11. What is the Set Showcase?[/color]
Entries may be included in the Set Showcase by written permission of the originator. The Showcase will be a plugin made up of all items that will work with unmodded D2/LoD characters. Changes to ItemStatCost.txt must not invalidate character loading (e.g. no altering SaveBits or SaveAdd fields). Several Staff modders have expressed interest in include the winning item in their mods, if included in the Showcase, or granted separate permission should it not conform to Showcase requirements. Although not qualified for contest recognition, staff members may submit items for inclusion in the Showcase.
And after all, this should be done for fun rather than for winning .
If you have any questions or problems, you post them here.
And now, get thee to the forge and bang out that set!