can't use mods

Post anything else Diablo II legacy related here but remember this ISN'T a hack site. All posts directly related to battle.net hacking will be deleted.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Frozenevil

can't use mods

Post by Frozenevil » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:37 pm

Hey i'v been looking and looking i don't want to make my own mods but i dowloaded a mod and it told me to come here to figure out how to use it but i can't find it do any of you know where it says or how to use the mods?

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Moved

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:49 pm

*This topic has been moved from General Mod Making to Member Announcements*

You need to be more specific. Which mods have you tried? Most mods were developed by different people, and the mod makers will know their own productions the best.

If the mod doesn't have a readme file, here are a few general tips. Make a directory underneath your Diablo II directory and put the mod files there. If the mod is only one mpq file, it can run on a Mac as well as a PC, but any dll files will restrict the mod to PC only. If the mod has a data directory and a host of other files within it, it is a -direct -txt mod. (A -direct -txt mod can run on a Mac with some effort, see the Mac Modding Forum for details.)

Make a shortcut to game.exe in your Diablo II directory, and put the shortcut in your mod directory (one for each mod). Access the shortcut's properties and change "Start In" to the mod directory. Another way is to download the Mod Running Scripts from our File Center which will give you the added benefit of separate save directories for mods (it isn't good to mix savefiles).
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Frozenevil

Post by Frozenevil » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:52 pm

ok, thanks yeah its a super drop mod (lots of items ;P)

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Moved

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:04 pm

*This topic has been moved from Member Announcements to General Diablo 2 Discussion*

bandit_115

Re: Moved

Post by bandit_115 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:38 am

Myhrginoc";p="209948" wrote:*This topic has been moved from General Mod Making to Member Announcements*

You need to be more specific. Which mods have you tried? Most mods were developed by different people, and the mod makers will know their own productions the best.

If the mod doesn't have a readme file, here are a few general tips. Make a directory underneath your Diablo II directory and put the mod files there. If the mod is only one mpq file, it can run on a Mac as well as a PC, but any dll files will restrict the mod to PC only. If the mod has a data directory and a host of other files within it, it is a -direct -txt mod. (A -direct -txt mod can run on a Mac with some effort, see the Mac Modding Forum for details.)

Make a shortcut to game.exe in your Diablo II directory, and put the shortcut in your mod directory (one for each mod). Access the shortcut's properties and change "Start In" to the mod directory. Another way is to download the Mod Running Scripts from our File Center which will give you the added benefit of separate save directories for mods (it isn't good to mix savefiles).
I have the same thing,

could you speak english please. I dont understand most comp speak.
I was lost, but then I found Diablo

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Re: can't use mods

Post by Nefarius » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:05 am

I doubt that can be explained in any more detailed way without a pictorial guide.
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

bandit_115

Post by bandit_115 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:32 am

when i do what the readme file says, it freezes my puter. and the game
so i dont know what to with it

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:54 am

Please be more specific. At the very least, you need to mention which mod or plugin you are trying to use. We have some very skilled people in our membership, but as far as I know there are no telepathic adepts among us.

Problems with a specific mod should be posted in the mod's forum or thread (check Non-Hosted Mods for the latter case). Problems with a plugin should be reported in the D2Mod and PlugY Forum, if it is a d2mod plugin or plugY itself. Other plugins may be discussed here.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

bandit_115

Post by bandit_115 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:48 pm

Item Drop Mod for Diablo2-LOD v1.09

that is what the drop mod i got. if you can point me to a better one.

I got it from Gamespot. and in the readme file i got this URL. That is how i decided to get help with it

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:10 pm

Are you running v1.09? There are significant differences between v1.09 and later versions, so a mod design for the one will not work in the others. You can find your current version by running the game to the main menu and looking to lower left (without any plugY alterations).

If you don't have v1.09 up, you have two options. First, look in our File Center and other web resources for a drop mod that matches your game version. Second, set yourself up for multi-version running. We have a tutorial here for that. But based on your earlier response, you will find the "comp speak" formidable. You can search the forums and see if other explanations people have posted are any easier to work with.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Return to “Diablo II Chatter”