plz help me

Post anything else Diablo II legacy related here but remember this ISN'T a hack site. All posts directly related to battle.net hacking will be deleted.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Lego_Ninja

plz help me

Post by Lego_Ninja » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:30 am

:2gunfire: :biggun:

Hi Im newb at this foruom so i would like 2 know wat mods do people use the most and where do i install a mod and how????????????

and wats best mod ?

:snipersmile: :biggun:

:flamer: :letskill:
Last edited by Lego_Ninja on Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Richardc269

Re: plz help me

Post by Richardc269 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:15 pm

Depends on what mod you're looking for. If you're looking for a mod that drops items, you'd probably want that. If you're into a mod that changes things, like giving different items, you'd probably go for that. Although I don't know where to get one, except you can go to Google and type a search in like "Diablo 2 Mods" or something similar. It will give you some info on modules for Diablo 2 obviously. And the module has to fit with what version your Diablo 2 is, like 1.10 or 1.09d or something along those lines. Mods won't work if it's on the wrong version.

ForestMan

Re: plz help me

Post by ForestMan » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:10 am

Hey Lego!

I've tried a few of the mods, and I think, in my opinion, that the best MOD is Blackened. The images he uses on the menu and everything is excellently done. The layout is so sweet. And it has different music too!! :]

Now some weaknesses of this MOD, is that it doesn't have different item gfxs and different names for items. But that's super easy to change. The big reason I love this MOD, is that it changes the stuff that I believe is the hard stuff to change....like the music (because I can't seem to open the d2music.mpq file at this point in time), and layout graphics.

You get a TBL editor, go into Data/local/LNG/SomeFolder/string.tbl, and change the files!! It's so cool!! You can change what people say! And you can change all of the sounds, and music, and graphics, and all of it! Lego_Ninja, go download Blackened, and it will only contain a folder, the DATA folder!

Put that folder into your D2 installation directory like so:
C:/Program Files/Diablo II/Data

Now...when you start Diablo II, you add two arguments to the system call:
Diablo II.exe -direct -txt
This means to read the files from the Data folder before going to the MPQ files for the sounds, graphics, music, everything.

Now go download a TBL editor:
dload.php?action=category&cat_id=18

Now open this in the TBL editor that you chose to use:
C:/Program Files/Diablo II/Data/local/LNG/ENG/string.tbl

The first item you'll see is what Warriv says in Act 1!!!! Isn't taht cool!?!? Now edit that to something like:

##

YO Yo yo I'm Warriv Biatch!

Then save the file, run Diablo II....now in Windows, create a shortcut to Diablo 2 and right-click the shortcut file --> In the TARGET textfield make sure it has -direct -txt AFTER the quotes, so something like this:

"C:/Program Files/Diablo II/Diablo II.exe" -direct -txt

When you run that shortcut now, you'll notice that Warriv says:
YO Yo yo I'm Warriv Biatch!

HAHAHAHAHAA!!! Isn't that cool!! :)

Man I'll tell you everything that I've learned from this modding experience, just email me:
hollaway .AT. gmail .DOT. com

Just email me questions like:
-how do I change the sounds?
-how do I change the graphics of the items?
-how do I make my own graphics for items?
etc..etc..
even clarity questions! I won't get upset, I have all of the time in the planet.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Moved

Post by Myhrginoc » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:22 am

*This topic has been moved from V&K Mods to General Diablo 2 Discussion*

One bit of advice we have for new members is, please post your threads in the appropriate forum. I moved this thread from Middle Earth because none of the discussion dealt with that mod.

There is a good reason why we have all these categories and forums.

Return to “Diablo II Chatter”