Which mods add new skills?

Post anything else Diablo II legacy related here but remember this ISN'T a hack site. All posts directly related to battle.net hacking will be deleted.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Eclipse008

Which mods add new skills?

Post by Eclipse008 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:14 am

First of all I have played Median. To death.

I'd like to play a mod that adds enough new skills that you only rely on a few vanilla D2 ones. I was trying to get Nez installed but it crashed after clicking the shortcut. The only problem it could be is if it does not work with the final version of 1.10.

I'm currently playing Requiem of Sorrow with a Draco-Druid (which is challenging so far as AR is a :censored: in that mod).

Eh, yeah, what are some decent mods that add new skills?

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:32 am

Theres blackened, eastern sun(not that many new skills), back to hellfire, kingdom of tenia, the fury within: awakening, the parallel worlds,tricet of apocolypse...There are also some other nice mods that don't have new skills like sir_generals rune mod or xyrax
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Re: Which mods add new skills?

Post by Nefarius » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:43 am

XyRAX v15.0 had new skills ;) --- it was one of the first mods with CE based skill changes :twisted: (not for all chars though)
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:48 am

Go figure i picked one of the chars that didn't have(sorc), Hehehe
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:58 am

The Amazon and Necro are fully done, the barb is semi-done, the rest are unchanged. (v1.10 being imminent)
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

brappy
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by brappy » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:42 pm

<shameless plug>Tricet of Apocalypse has 27 new skills for each character. Play now.</plug>
It's still in beta, but I could use a few more testers. It's mostly done, once I run through all acts with each character to make sure there's no bugs or huge imbalances (and add a story), it'll be out of beta.
Currently working on Tricet of Apocalypse (Latest patch: Beta 0.9) | Mod thread
A=B, A²=AB, A²-B²=AB-B², (A+B)(A-B)=B(A-B), A+B=B, A+A=A, 2A=A, 2=1

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:34 am

Since I see Back to Hellfire mentioned here, I'd like to say a few words ;)

While the mod adds new skills, they aren't as many or as spectacular as the Median ones. Also, the gameplay isn't focused on skills that much, considering that you get no skill points on level-up and you learn skills via randomly-dropped books. You can't talk about character builds in Back to Hellfire, you mainly rely on what you have in the moment and your luck.

This said, if you want to play D2 with different skills, then don't pick Back to Hellfire, it changes too much and you might not be comfortable with that. But if you want a completely new adventure (meaning use new characters with new skill system to fight new monsters and solve new quests in new levels and follow a new storyline), then Back to Hellfire is a mod for you. It's also a lot more difficult than what you're used to in D2.
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:23 pm

<shameless plug2>The Third Day is basically a new skills mod</plug>

To be fair, you'd be hard pressed to find any established mods without their own fair share of new skills.
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:51 pm

Escape from the Afterlife is a mod that didn't get much attention when it came out, and now mouse has moved on. He did quite a bit with skills; you might give it a whirl if you don't mind unsupported mods. (I don't remember any serious glitches from when I played it...)
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Eclipse008

Post by Eclipse008 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:42 am

I just played through Act 1 of Back to Hellfire. I must say I love everything about it, but the skill system seems to ruin it a little to much. In regards to my skills I finished the act at clvl 3...

It does seem refreshingly challenging, but that just seems to be the result of only having access to Magic Arrow and Find Item. Bleh.

Also I became turned off from it when I ditched my level 13 Rogue merc for a spearman to find out there aren't any spear-type weapons to purchase :OI:

I'll be giving Escape from the Underworld a whirl now.

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:57 am

Also I became turned off from it when I ditched my level 13 Rogue merc for a spearman to find out there aren't any spear-type weapons to purchase
They use staves . Items that didn't appear in D1 don't appear in that mod anymore. ;) And skills are mostly gained by using items.
Stay away from ballet dancers with an attitude .

Return to “Diablo II Chatter”