Patch 1.12b comming?

Post anything else Diablo II legacy related here but remember this ISN'T a hack site. All posts directly related to battle.net hacking will be deleted.
MagicMatze
Champion of the Light
Germany

Patch 1.12b comming?

Post by MagicMatze » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:49 pm

Hiho,
Europe realm is down for nearly 3 hours and a user at indiablo.de talked about something Telia wrote in the german channel:
Originally posted by Telia.Europe
Good day, DII Europe community. We're proud to announce the oncoming next patch 1.12b for today's eve. Due to this there currently is a full rust-storm running, which might still take an awful while.
http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 001iz4.jpg

or is it just a fake?
Last edited by MagicMatze on Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:15 pm

I've noticed some other 1.12b references floating around today, so there might just be a 'patch'(you can hardly call 1.12a a patch, it fixed NOTHING!), so hopefully someone at blizzard did some work for a change and fixed bugs or added new features....
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Desocupado
Forum Regular
Angel
Brazil

Re: Patch 1.12b comming?

Post by Desocupado » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:49 am

Probably something along the lines:
1.12b changelog
"Added in-game advertisement about the upcoming product, diablo 3"

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:35 am

so hopefully someone at blizzard did some work for a change and fixed bugs or added new features....
If we can't fix it, lets break it more! (tm)

Expect something along the lines of

1.) Added 10 new runewords (actually 3)
2.) Fixed a bug that allowed users to launch the game without a CD

If they really did something worthwhile then it would be a pleasant surprise, but the probability of that is approx. zero to none. If they at least fix a few of the core bugs...
Last edited by Nefarius on Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

WarWolf
Paladin

Post by WarWolf » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:14 am

It even seems they re-introduced some old bugs again, there is an old (1.10) barbarian drophack working again and maybe other things aswell. Hope they fix that stuff, PvP is no fun like this.

Desocupado
Forum Regular
Angel
Brazil

Post by Desocupado » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:13 pm

Let's try to get some hopes up...

1.12b changelog
-Added a new play mode, single player

As we have realized that players could not play on the hacked battle.net we implemented this new feature (we removed it on 1.10)

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:01 pm

It still amuse me how some of you keep complain about new patches. Be happy Blizzard care to work on new patches still even those been minor compare to past.

it have been known pretty long that they are working on another patch. If this is anything bigger than last time or not that time will tell.

You have to remember most of Blizzard's resources is on Diablo III and not Diablo II. I'm sure we rather would see Diablo III be out as soon as they are ready over delay it with work on Diablo II.
2.) Fixed a bug that allowed users to launch the game without a CD
If you readed about 1.12 you would realise 1.12 nocd patch was made because of digital distributions (they did the same by the way with starcraft/warcraft).

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:42 pm

If they're just nocding everything to make themselves richer then i really couldn't care less whether they patch or not(it only really benefits thier pockets...) plus it required nothing more than commenting out a few lines...
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer

MagicMatze
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by MagicMatze » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:45 pm

The realm yesterday was down for five hours. And now its up again but no patch or something new.

Maybe it was a full ruststorm?

CorniI
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by CorniI » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:56 pm

They changed cheatprotection with 1.12 again, including some new serverside hack protection (as far as some forums say if you enter >20 games/h you can get a ban). Also all DRLG-structs changed+new ordinals. Seems like there is some sort of documentation on how to release a new patch for D2 :D
Linux is like a Wigwam - NO Windows, no Gates and Apache inside

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:44 pm

sorry but untering >20 games per hour is ridiculous ...

i remember while I played vanilla back (well when was that ... dunno) I usually stayed in one game for more than 10 minutes depending on what I was doing.
Usually i was farming the lvl 85areas in A1 + andariel, flayerjungle + lower kurast + highclerics in travi + mephi, diablo with sealbosses, shenk, eldritch, nihlatak and pindleskin.
takes definitly more than 3 minutes to accomplish
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:55 pm

That limit is to stop things like pindle and meph bots, i'm suprised more 'people' haven't complained, bot.net is 200k bots and 5k humans... So far nothing more has been heard on this patch so for now it looks like a farce...

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Post by the_bogan » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:38 am

[quote=gogodanny";p="403180"]sorry but untering >20 games per hour is ridiculous ...

i remember while I played vanilla back (well when was that ... dunno) I usually stayed in one game for more than 10 minutes depending on what I was doing.
Usually i was farming the lvl 85areas in A1 + andariel, flayerjungle + lower kurast + highclerics in travi + mephi, diablo with sealbosses, shenk, eldritch, nihlatak and pindleskin.
takes definitly more than 3 minutes to accomplish[/quote]

I went in the other day, just to keep some characters active. 5 characters inside three minutes results in a ten minute lockout on US-East and Europe. :oops:

DavidB111
Paladin

Post by DavidB111 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:01 pm

I look forward to any more patches, though I dare say, this sleeping demon, won't be playing online any time soon. :)

I have a good idea how to fix the botters, if it detects them somewhat perfectly, (Okay, that's a joke) they have to type in Pi to the 10 trillionth place in order to continue, and they also have to type it in at normal human speed. :)

I think that would get rid of the botters, the MHers, and so forth. :)
All sillyness aside, I just don't understand why people do that....
Edit: I know, it will take the average person about 50 years to do that...and the average bot 40 seconds...
Last edited by DavidB111 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am a Golden God!"

"You know, you're a real pain, I can't wait to get you down here."
"Um, well, with all due respect, I'm not a murdering warlord, I'm a member of the fifth estate!"
"Like I said, I can't wait to get you down here."
Lucifer to Nigel, on You are There, Season 6, Xena

Return to “Diablo II Chatter”