Chance to Evade/Dodge/Avoid

Post anything else Diablo II legacy related here but remember this ISN'T a hack site. All posts directly related to battle.net hacking will be deleted.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Chance to Evade/Dodge/Avoid

Post by Doub » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:02 am

In Eastern Sun mod i noticed that there are those 3 stats displayed and my question is: how exactly do they differ?
Lets not forget that beside those 3 there is also Defense (which is basically chance to avoid).

SpiKe.
Forum Tech Support
Champion of the Light
Germany

Re: Chance to Evade/Dodge/Avoid

Post by SpiKe. » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:12 am

Doub" wrote:In Eastern Sun mod i noticed that there are those 3 stats displayed and my question is: how exactly do they differ?
Lets not forget that beside those 3 there is also Defense (which is basically chance to avoid).
Look into classic Diablo II Skills:

Evade:
This skill gives the Amazon a chance to avoid melee or ranged attacks while walking or running. (Dodge and Avoid only work while standing still or attacking; not at all while walking or running.)

Dodge:
Allows the Amazon to dodge melee attacks while standing still or attacking. This is a very powerful skill, especially for melee-fighting Amazons, who generally want at least 50% in it.

Avoid:
This skill allows the Amazon to avoid ranged attacks while standing still or attacking. It's less useful than Dodge since ranged attacks aren't as damaging, you're usually running when they come in (Avoid doesn't help when you're moving), and skillful use of Valkyrie, Decoy, and Slow Missiles should cut the danger of ranged attacks anyway.

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Doub » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:32 am

I see.
Never played Amazon tbh :)

thank you!

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:45 pm

Click - Those are the absolute basics about all amazon skills , scaling and decent descriptions.It will help you with item specs also since its your first amazon I highly suggest giving it a read.

Cheers

PS.D/A/E (DAE) is the bread and butter to every amazon , after you read the article straight away you will sense its also one of the most diverse and strong at the same time classes ingame (if not the most).I hope you love it , we need more amazon lovers here heh ;)
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Doub » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:30 pm

I wont play her but hopefully i will work on this newbie mod of mine and will modify her accordingly :)

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:27 am

I wish you good luck on your moding adventure , it gets strong because people leave her vanilla skills and buff the items.She gets the strongest passives ingame to be frank and thats the main problem , unlike the other heroes she is a god even at early game.Gimme a hint when you are finished , will be glad to try her out.
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Doub » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:22 pm

If i ever complete it in some way.. even now i am stuck cause i dont know how to alter the damage and attack rate bonuses classes get from STR and DEX.
So better dont have false hopes :(

SpiKe.
Forum Tech Support
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by SpiKe. » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:53 pm

Doub" wrote:If i ever complete it in some way.. even now i am stuck cause i dont know how to alter the damage and attack rate bonuses classes get from STR and DEX.
So better dont have false hopes :(
Should be this.

weapons.txt
StrBonus
DexBonus

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Doub » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:04 pm

Str/DexBonus increase damage but dont affect Attack Rate nor Defense which i want :(

Return to “Diablo II Chatter”