Project Kalavic Feedback (Alpha 0.0.01)

Post anything else Diablo II legacy related here but remember this ISN'T a hack site. All posts directly related to battle.net hacking will be deleted.
k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Project Kalavic Feedback (Alpha 0.0.01)

Post by k0r3l1k » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:51 pm

Please post feedback for the Kalavic mod here to keep the main topic clean for viewing and download.

Chiron
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader
Ukraine

Re: Project Kalavic Feedback (Alpha 0.0.01)

Post by Chiron » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:54 am

There are no monsters at Stony Field and all the locations after it, is it normal?

UPD. There are only superunique monsters: Griswold, Countess (with some rogues), Smith and Andariel. And suddenly Gargoyle traps.

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:58 pm

Correct. The scope of the mod is only areas before stony field. I am interested in getting test feedback on current skills and classes and monsters and areas, inclusive oft the areas up to Blood Raven quest.

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:44 am

Hi.

I really like the current idea, maybe for the very beginning only, you can provide two minor health potions.

Will return with more feedback, and with some questions too.

Actually, first words for now is that I was able to stuck few times in The Crypt and in The Mausoleum, on those Undefiled Grave, not sure how but somehow, luckily town portal works fine.

Never had that issue with cLoD or with any mod before.

You said:
-Monsters are rebalanced to be challenging and in some cases frustratingly difficult.
One thing is when some monster is challenging and you need to take a different approach to defeat it, and be careful while doing it, but there was some monster, need to check its name, it is frustratingly difficult, but boring monster, sorry, not sure how to describe the feeling. :mrgreen:

Where I had some "Rogues" near Blood Raven, they were difficult, but it was nice fighting them since you need to take some tactic to defeat them, one by one in my case.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:15 am

Actually, first words for now is that I was able to stuck few times in The Crypt and in The Mausoleum, on those Undefiled Grave, not sure how but somehow, luckily town portal works fine.

Never had that issue with cLoD or with any mod before.
I have same issue in my mod, thought issue was due to my code. But, might be issue with 1.10 code itself.

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:41 pm

Just crossed my mind, but I am sure, at least in Project Kalavic, that I get stuck on those Graves only after I kill some monster.

Will test it now.

Edit - I'm back:

First, yeah, after I kill some monster I am stuck, but not on those clickable Graves but on those you can see on the pic below:
Is Expose weakness supposed to remove the immunity?
VS.
I did sth here, I was able to disappear from the screen, will try to do it again, but I was unable to do anything while in that state. :mrgreen:
After using Shield bash, defense I guess should be in blue color, just like it does with Shout as shown on picture below.
It should be Forcing and Engage.
is it going to be possible to join the "same" items, but then item would e.g. double the level requirement.

Monsters - no complains here, maybe you could make Razor Boar and Bladed Marmot to move faster.

Skills:
Leap, Howl - sorry, but both skills can be used to make life easier for barbarian, he is not a chicken, do you agree?

Iron Skin, Shout - Duration seems to be small, yet what they offer seems to be high, also mana recharges "fast" enough so at some point I guess we would just spam that skill, especially with Shout, you can't even deplete your mana, no matter how hard you try. They seem like unique skills, so maybe make them cost a lot of mana (90% of total mana, min mana required should increase with skill level), give longer duration, but lower what they offer but still enough to be worth. :scratchhead:

Field dressing - maybe to leave duration at min 5 seconds - increase speed penalty with each skill level, also while healing his defense could be lowered, in exchange for health sacrifice defense during that time. :scratchhead:

Merc - too week for now.

Also, works fine with plugy. :D
k0r3l1k wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:21 pm
I am mainly interested to hear about the experience as it differs from traditional diablo ii. The mod is designed to be more challenging and to make certain situations problematic for certain characters, though still perfectly solvable with a little thought.
If it differs then it means it is sth new, and that makes mod interesting imo.
k0r3l1k wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:21 pm
Please let me know which of the following things you would like to see implemented next.
All sounds good, but not easy to say which one. For more testing we need both
-New Areas (the completion of act 1) and -Additional skills for already implemented classes.

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:28 am

Thank you very much for the comprehensive feedback. I spent most of the day working on an update and I can tell you that most of these things have been addressed. I will reexamine the changes and see if additional changes are needed.

Look forward to more feedback. :)

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:41 pm

v0.0.02:

Shield bash doesn't "hit" now.

Leap animation, is it ok this way or it should have that "jump" animation like before.

Revenge doesn't have that "icon" over its head like before, why not.
See:

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:30 pm

All of these changes are intentional an i will be revisiting things like this once I start making progress with my code modifications. I intend to add a shield bash sequence, new leap function and state overlays for various skills.

Until then you'll have to do with the way things are now, it's still very early alpha and I will get around to these issues eventually.

In regard to your prior comments about the socket items- you can cube them with items for a portion of their base stats, which should help you use some of your stockpile. I will introduce a use for excess items at a future date but for now you can just sell any that you don't have use for. I plan to introduce an alchemy system and more for the misc items, as they are intended to be the main loot of the entire mod once these features are added.

Thanks again for you feedback. If you aren't opposed would you mind giving similar feedback on the other redesigned classes?

Cheers!

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:15 pm

k0r3l1k wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:30 pm
All of these changes are intentional an i will be revisiting things like this once I start making progress with my code modifications. I intend to add a shield bash sequence, new leap function and state overlays for various skills.

Until then you'll have to do with the way things are now, it's still very early alpha and I will get around to these issues eventually.
Ok, but I had to ask, you know, just in case sth really didn't work as intended.
k0r3l1k wrote:
In regard to your prior comments about the socket items- you can cube them with items for a portion of their base stats, which should help you use some of your stockpile. I will introduce a use for excess items at a future date but for now you can just sell any that you don't have use for. I plan to introduce an alchemy system and more for the misc items, as they are intended to be the main loot of the entire mod once these features are added.
Yeah, just as it says on them, though some will give you the full effect, those like Prevent monster heal, cannot be frozen etc.

But since you have in plan to introduce an alchemy system, we will deal with them later.
k0r3l1k wrote:
Thanks again for you feedback. If you aren't opposed would you mind giving similar feedback on the other redesigned classes?

Cheers!
No problem at all. You mean like this:

Assassin:

Cobra Strike doesn't say that it requires the claw as a weapon. Also, skill can be used if you don't have any weapon equipped.

Ravage doesn't say that it requires dual wielding claws.

Assassinate seems "hard" to use, since it is based on Cloak of shadows, I mean, active CoS, kill monster and repeat, maybe rather lower the duration of CoS to max ~15 sec (duration increase with skill level, up to max of 1 min duration or sth), that seems reasonable that way, at least imo.

Also, I'm not so sure, but either mana recharge or amount of mana seems to be very small.

I get depleted really fast, look at Cobra strike, if you are dual wielding claws, which I guess you will since you are playing with assassin, it will strike two times, which means that mana cost is doubled, right, in two three hits no more mana.

Mana needs more testing, hard to say right now.

Also, that Razor Boar/Rat monsters, maybe their damage (attackers take damage of), could be lowered a bit, I think that Razor Boar ATDo is 250 if I'm not wrong, which seems to be high for the very beginning.

Anyway, I just died 10 times with assassin. :mrgreen:

.....dealing Increased damage.....

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:34 pm

Talic wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:15 pm
Cobra Strike doesn't say that it requires the claw as a weapon. Also, skill can be used if you don't have any weapon equipped.

Ravage doesn't say that it requires dual wielding claws.
I will correct this in the next patch.
Talic wrote:
Assassinate seems "hard" to use, since it is based on Cloak of shadows, I mean, active CoS, kill monster and repeat, maybe rather lower the duration of CoS to max ~15 sec (duration increase with skill level, up to max of 1 min duration or sth), that seems reasonable that way, at least imo.
Assassinate is not designed to be a spamable ability, although I agree with your analysis. It needs work to feel powerful without being broken. I will work on it.
Talic wrote:
I get depleted really fast, look at Cobra strike, if you are dual wielding claws, which I guess you will since you are playing with assassin, it will strike two times, which means that mana cost is doubled, right, in two three hits no more mana.
The mana cost is proportionate to the heal, and this is intentional, heals are meant to be costly and rare, the idea of the mod is that damage should be 90% avoidable.
On that note -
Talic wrote:
Also, that Razor Boar/Rat monsters, maybe their damage (attackers take damage of), could be lowered a bit, I think that Razor Boar ATDo is 250 if I'm not wrong, which seems to be high for the very beginning.
Don't attack them in melee :p
Buy some javalens or use crossbow. Also remember that cloak of shadows will prevent death from a single blow no matter how much damage it does, you can assassinate them, then retreat to recast cloak.

Again thank you for feedback and I will try to resolve some of the problems you shared as soon as possible.

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:16 am

Well, about Assassinate, that all depends on play style.

I wanted to use it as a main attack, and that is :nono:

Now I'm using cobra strike as main attack, and when I have some stronger monster that is hard to kill it is time to use assassinate.

Now it works perfectly, at least with this play style and you can say that assassinate work as intended, and mana cost due to use of cobra strike can be solved after some time with socket items.

Yeah, my problem is that with barbarian I usually rush into the melee fight, and I want to play it that way with every char available, but it doesn't work that way, patience is a virtue, but I guess not in my case. :mrgreen:

Damage should be avoidable, not easy to say when you encounter razor rat monster, about 20 to fight, their aim is almost perfect and they hit hard, but why should I fight them, it is not necessary to kill every monster, but I really like to clean the map from every monster.

Well, I'm learning.....how not to get killed. :D

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:59 am

I'm glad to hear you found something that works. I think i solved the assassinate problem, I will nerf its power a bit, and make it so that successive attacks are allowed- that is you have a second or so after using assassinate to do it again before the time on cloak expires. So you can really lay into an enemy, but once you stop its back to being normal.

On that topic i think I want to buff cloak of shadows, and follow your suggestion to reduce the duration a bit, down to 30 seconds or a minute. But to make it situational cast - like maybe if no enemies are within a certain distance, which could add another benefit to smoke bomb: allow you to cast cloak when enemies are nearby.

I will play around with it some, but i am really busy working on adding monsters and stuff to fill out act 1.

Thanks for the ideas mate.

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:24 pm

Sounds interesting.
k0r3l1k wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:59 am
Thanks for the ideas mate.
No no, thank you for taking my ideas in consideration.

But of course, you will know better how actually good my idea is, right.

But once you fill the first act with more monsters it will be easier to test some skills.

Currently I'm checking the Necromancer, just this for now, more tomorrow......here I am:

Raise zombie - it seems that when there is a little bit too much of zombies (70 and more, not sure) that PC CPU will go a little bit high, but it seems that game can handle it, or maybe it is just my pc. :mrgreen:

Poison dagger - at the beginning it seems a little bit weird, you need to be careful while using this skill, why, because you are able to attack the monster from e.g. 10 yards, but poison dagger will only "fly" for e.g. 8 yards, and of course you won't damage the monster, it is not easy to estimate how far are you from the monster actually and then you need to first focus more on distance between you and the monster, and then when you are "close" enough, you will be able to damage it, if you don't die of course, our habit is to target the monster, and this is a little different concept which isn't bad, makes you to think and take care of yourself, and not to rush into the opponent.

Skeletal archer doesn't say that it requires a corpse.

Skeletal archer, well, they seem to be slow compared to Clay golem, they can't follow me, they seem to be too lazy for that, also I had 5 of them, and while running and running, they just disappeared - you know when merc disappear from the map, that happens with archers, and then I lose them, but clay golem is very fast and always near me.

Also, this is what it says for skeletal archer i.e. bone armor:

Sth weird happened with this skill, but later all was normal and skill worked just fine, though it happened once again, and there is no pattern what seems to be the problem, just at some point, mana gets depleted by 1 each second instead of those min 9 at first level and more.

What else, once living woods monster had some animation error, it was almost completely transparent, that big monster from the pic bellow, but accidentally deleted the pic how does the "error" looks like, though it didn't happen anymore.

Char corpse showed in town and on the field where I lost my life, but I didn't expect to encounter my body once again, pics bellow show that after I picked up my body nothing was picked up in inventory.

Palace cellar waypoint, just in case :mrgreen: :

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:43 pm

Wow great feedback. Looks like I have quite a bit of work to do. I'm aware of the dead body bug, which occurs when you die and have no equipment. No a big problem imo.

I will fix the errors you pointed out, and I'm not totally sure about the tree monster glitch. I've tried to solve it but gave up.

I'm thinking I should make the archers timed spawns that don't move, not too sure one way or another. They are supposed to be super fragile, but high damage though I have noticed that they don't die that fast usually.

As always, thanks for the report!

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:20 pm

Oh yeah, I had no equipment, I guess, don't remember anymore. :mrgreen:

Imo no need to solve tree monster glitch, even if it happens it will be very hard to notice, at least that's how it was in my case, and I noticed it by accident.

They don't die since they like to be very far from you, outside the danger zone. :mrgreen:

Anyway:

Nice golem.....not :P
LoweR the temperature, I guess:
Your mana cannot regenerate while it is active vs. Mana regen is reduced by 50% - anyway, mana regen is active while the skill is on.
Slow-moCing > Slow-moVing
Not sure does it mean anything, but sometimes my avatar of flame has its name on the map, and sometimes it doesn't. Also, avatar of flame was trying to attack monsters who were on other side of the wall, nice x-ray vision feature. :D
Can you even notice that small text that says Sorceress :mrgreen:

Once again about the situation when you get stuck on those graves, maybe it can help someone who would like to solve that issue, not a lot of info, but just sth I've noticed.

You can see that I am able to walk over it.

And now on bellow picture you have "two" grave types. You can stuck over the "1", but there won't be any problem with "2". You get stuck over the "1" because sth gets in your way, monsters or barrels, and as we already said town portal can help you to get out of that situation.

But as I was able to notice, sometimes, but not always, once I return through town portal grave type "1" changes to "2". It seems that sth doesn't load properly, maybe this was a bit helpful, if not, oh well. :inabiaf:

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:15 pm

Fantastic as always. I am hard at work on v0.1.0, and I will be including fixes in that patch, though unfortunately alchemy will have to wait, and I don't yet have a timeline for some animation and code fixes.

I'm hoping to get the bugs and kinks worked out when I release the remainder of act 1.

I appreciate you taking the time to report all this.
Cheers my friend.

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:54 pm

No need to rush, step by step.
k0r3l1k wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:15 pm
I appreciate you taking the time to report all this.
Sure, anytime.

I know about this forum for a very long time, over 5 years, maybe even more, especially after Xaphan opened his topic for his mod.

After that day I am here almost daily or at least once per week, and kinda I know what to expect from each user since I did read a lot of posts here.

Now I have more time you could say and because of few users here, including you, I had to register, finally. :D

Anyway, see ya once you release the next patch, I will gladly provide more feedback from my pov.
Hope you will have more users that will provide feedback, if not I hope you won't stop with the development. :toasting:

Return to “Diablo II Chatter”