Mod headaches

Post anything else Diablo II legacy related here but remember this ISN'T a hack site. All posts directly related to battle.net hacking will be deleted.
Loseless
Portugal

Mod headaches

Post by Loseless » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:22 pm

Hello, everybody

I'm been trying to run some mods along with D2. The hardest part has been to find the mods themselves, since there isn't exactly great databases of mods available. Most mods don't explain what they do before you download the accompanying read me file, others don't even have such thing. Hence my trouble finding anything useful.

So I turn to you, wise people of D2 modding, in a attempt to get this over with before I get an aneurysm or something.

I want a mod that has more merc equip slots. I've found that several mods do that, along with great many things that I care not for.

I would also like to have this mod be integrated with Plugy, if possible. If not, who cares. I'll manage.

Finally, I recall using a mod that allowed me to have several golems simultaneously. I found some threads about the code editing to accomplish such feat, but my skills are not on par with skills.txt editing, if you will.

Any assistance provided will be welcomed and greatly reduce the chance of something being thrown out of a second floor window on my street.

Thanks in advance

Ogodei
Senior Moderator
Angel
Italy

Hand-picked

Re: Mod headaches

Post by Ogodei » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:17 pm

Loseless wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:22 pm
Hello, everybody
I'm been trying to run some mods along with D2. The hardest part has been to find the mods themselves, since there isn't exactly great databases of mods available. Most mods don't explain what they do before you download the accompanying read me file, others don't even have such thing. Hence my trouble finding anything useful. [...]
I want a mod that has more merc equip slots. I've found that several mods do that, along with great many things that I care not for. I would also like to have this mod be integrated with Plugy, if possible. If not, who cares. I'll manage.
Hello and welcome :)
As for this thing, I believe you're on your own, because, in truth, there are a lot of mods here at Phrozen Keep, so my advice would be to simply download and test them out. As for specific mods, I could suggest you to give a shot to Dark Alliance, Eastern Sun or Back to Hellfire. Hell Unleashed is also a mod which is quite popular afaik.
Loseless wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:22 pm
Finally, I recall using a mod that allowed me to have several golems simultaneously. I found some threads about the code editing to accomplish such feat, but my skills are not on par with skills.txt editing, if you will.
You can achieve this by yourself with no code editing at all. Just check the fileguides in the Knowledge base, specifically MonStats.txt , Skills.txt , PetTypes.txt !

Loseless
Portugal

Post by Loseless » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:54 pm

Thank you for the quick reply, Ogodei.

I've managed to have Plugy working with another mod that expands inventory and cube sizes. So I only need to find a way to have my merc equip more stuff.

If anyone knows of a way, I would be truly thankful. I know modding may seem like the easiest way for you, guys. And the golem think does seem accessible. But the mercs are a little harder. I figure I would need to edit several files, not to mention the background and gear slot positions. I've modded some games, but I'm not that good at it and being new to D2, that would be difficult, to say the least.

So if anyone has some ideas, I would love to hear them.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:32 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3oh1hqw7i ... c.rar/file

Here is a mod matching your specifications. The only difficult part was the hireling inventory, but that has already been compiled into a plugin, so that required no effort on my part. Note that if you are going to mod this mod further, do not change the pettype for Iron Golem (by default, it should be 'golem'). Changing the pettype of Iron Golem from the golem row 5 will make it so that your Iron Golem does not last from game to game. Also note that this mod will only work with 1.10f, but it is set up with D2SE so that shouldn't be an issue.

Loseless
Portugal

Post by Loseless » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:52 pm

Thank you so much, Cypress. You guys are truly kind human beings.

Return to “Diablo II Chatter”