Very lag after installing plugY..pls help!

Post anything else Diablo II legacy related here but remember this ISN'T a hack site. All posts directly related to battle.net hacking will be deleted.
xfactor
Singapore

Very lag after installing plugY..pls help!

Post by xfactor » Mon May 11, 2020 3:24 pm

Hello guys, i would like to ask if anyone can help on how to fix the lag after installing plugy. I have 1.13c version of D2 then i installed plugy (http://plugy.free.fr/en/index.html). I've tried some troubleshooting steps below and i will put also the settings i have. Please let me know if there are other things i need to do to make plugY work normal.
1. Run compatibility for Win XP SP 3 is checked
2. Run program as an administrator is checked
3. I've downloaded and installed Glide Wrapper to see if it will help but it didn't
4. If i run D2 (not plugY), my game works normal, no lag.

Can anyone help me with this?
Thank you in advance.
Last edited by xfactor on Tue May 12, 2020 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: Very lag after installing plugY

Post by kingpin » Mon May 11, 2020 3:50 pm

Lag should only be an issue if you fill the stash pages with full off items. But, one thing you could try is avoid use first page in stash to see if that change anything.

xfactor
Singapore

Re: Very lag after installing plugY

Post by xfactor » Tue May 12, 2020 9:11 am

Hi Kingpin, thank u for the response. ever since i've started the game it was already lag. when i started the game, i haven't put any items yet in my stash and now it is not that full but still lag. i don't know why i'm having this issue. Is it bcoz of plugY? D2 without plugY, it's not lag.

Texalic
Paladin

Re: Very lag after installing plugY..pls help!

Post by Texalic » Tue May 12, 2020 6:02 pm

There is one thing I was able to find, in your plugy.ini file, it should be at the beginning, there should be ActiveLogFile=1

Try setting that option to 0, ActiveLogFile=0, if that doesn't work try with options below though I guess it could be the same, but you can try.

Are you running the game in windowed mode, or in fullscreen, try both.

You can also try to use different version of plugy, or you can try to install D2SE mod manager to see does that makes any difference, maybe I would also try with version chsnger by chaos marc....just guessing what you could try.

andsimo
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader
Christmas Island

Post by andsimo » Wed May 13, 2020 1:47 am

Also try in the plugy.ini set ActiveCheckMemory=0
mods observer

xfactor
Singapore

Post by xfactor » Wed May 13, 2020 7:37 am

Talic wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 6:02 pm
There is one thing I was able to find, in your plugy.ini file, it should be at the beginning, there should be ActiveLogFile=1

Try setting that option to 0, ActiveLogFile=0, if that doesn't work try with options below though I guess it could be the same, but you can try.

You can also try to use different version of plugy, or you can try to install D2SE mod manager to see does that makes any difference, maybe I would also try with version chsnger by chaos marc....just guessing what you could try.
Talic wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 6:02 pm

Hi Talic, thank u for the response & thank u for the idea. ActiveLogFile was already 0 so i didn't change it. I checked all the information in the .ini file and i remember 1 thing is i can't play on windowed mode so when i saw that there was an option for windowed mode which is ActiveWindowed, i changed it from 0 to 1 and my problem was solved. It wasn't lag anymore. To anyone who will encounter the same issue i had, i hope this will help. I really appreciate ur response. Cheers! :D

xfactor
Singapore

Post by xfactor » Wed May 13, 2020 7:40 am

andsimo wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 1:47 am
Also try in the plugy.ini set ActiveCheckMemory=0
Hi andsimo, the ActiveCheckMemory is set to 1 but i didn't change it. What i changed was the ActiveWindowed option from 0 to 1 and it resolved my lag issue. Thank u so much for the response though. I really appreciate it. Cheers! :D

Return to “Diablo II Chatter”