Mod info request- Back to Hellfire, Aragor, Rebirthe

Post anything else Diablo II legacy related here but remember this ISN'T a hack site. All posts directly related to battle.net hacking will be deleted.
FishGaming
United States of America

Mod info request- Back to Hellfire, Aragor, Rebirthe

Post by FishGaming » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:57 am

As D2 Resurrected is on it's way I'm attempting to play some mods I never really did before for Diablo 2 just in case some don't get ported to the new version. The three games above have some missing pieces for me that I wanted to know if anyone had any info on.

Back to Hellfire: The creator kept the possible rune words (around 30 or just over) secret for people to find. He was not against people sharing them with each other off the forum so no spoilers were made. I know some have completed excel sheets for all available rune words. I was wondering if anyone could share that with me. I am not a fan of having to just try things not knowing the outcome.

Aragor- a mod I found actually today and I can find no information on it at all. It apparently on SNEJ has a download for version 4.0 so it apparently had to have some updates and time to shine somewhere. I can unfortunately find very little of info on what this mod does differently. I downloaded it and it has some new added skills on top of the original ones and some tougher newer monsters so far but I am weary that it may have a large revamp cue recipe list or rune word additions. Doe anyone have information on this mod at all?

Rebirthe- I am most intrigued by this mod because it is a very slowed down pace of D2 where you must craft almost everything. I know the creator has a lot of unfinished sections on the different professions you can learn but it is definitely the most innovative mod I have seen from cube leveling to profession progressions, to crafting food for life, potions to counter effects, just very cool. My two questions regarding this is if anyone has an edited rune word list (since some are secretive) and if anyone has more info cube recipes. Already a day a half in and I had to mess around to find that an essence of Sapphire will create essence of heat needed for cooking. Then today I found an Etched stone and the description states it looks like a rune stone. There is no info on the documentation given by the creator. So that leads into my second portion of the question. Are there so many things left undone in this mod that it's not worth playing? For example the etched stones or there is an insight skill that was suppose to provide players with the use of different materials they gather once they leveled insight enough to use the recipe to show it's purpose card. The creator only barely started with two recipes and now I'm wondering if there is a lot of items that are in the game but have no use to them or if there is too much unfinished to enjoy the game. Definitely one of my favorite mods though.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: Mod info request- Back to Hellfire, Aragor, Rebirthe

Post by Cypress » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:36 am

I have some docs for BTH and Aragor, might not be everything but should be close enough.

As for Rebirthe, I don't think the secret recipes matter. It's been six years since I beat that mod, but I remember only using the recipes that were included with the mod's documentation to become wildly overpowered.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FishGaming
United States of America

Post by FishGaming » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:05 pm

okay good to know. I just didn't want tons of items that matters or should be used and I'm getting rid of them or worse needing them to succeed. Thank you for the documentation. I'm late to this D2 mod show but it's looking like you have tried them all! By the way looking through the BtH mod documentation. I see that you have around 20 something runewords and I know the creator stated around 30 so I'll see over time if I can find more and edit the documentation. If so I'll pm it back to you just to have!

The thing that is crazy is the creator stated that they were normal, real words to create rune words and you would figure them out by just playing and using common sense. Some of those runewords you made were no where near real words!! Exactly why I hate the idea of secret rune words and wasting resources you have fought to earn.

ChaosMarc
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by ChaosMarc » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:59 pm

I have a list of 46 runewords for BTH but don't know what they do or in which items they're allowed. If you're interested just send me a PM

Return to “Diablo II Chatter”