Sharing computer

Information and updates for the Chaos Empire mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.
MisticstarX

Sharing computer

Post by MisticstarX » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:59 am

Hi All, I have a question. My son comes to visit now and then and he also plays this mod. He created his account and players on his own computer. The question is, when he is visiting can he axcess and play his account on my computer? Without out causing a problem. Like losing mine or his or both accounts!! You know, someone thinkin I was actually running two ( 2 ) accounts. Are the I.P.'s logged to tell Where an account is registred from.?I wouldn't let him play his account last night from here, because I did not know if it would mess things up. Thanks fer the help and mod.. Misticstarx :lol:

ArtDent

Re: Sharing computer

Post by ArtDent » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:21 pm

If he is playing online, isn't his info stored on the hosting machine? So he should be able to sign in from any machine with the same version?
If he is playing SP, then no problem, just rename your CE_MOD folder, in the save folder, and then copy his over, just don't forget to rename both when he is done.
I have taken my saved (SP) files from home to work and they worked just fine.
Don't Panic!

MisticstarX

Post by MisticstarX » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:42 am

Thx ArtDent for the answer. Ya he started his account on His computer and he should be able to access his account from my computer. I just didn't know if the monitors would think My IP address had 2 accounts. His account should have His IP address as its owner, right? So no problem. Thx misticstarx :)

livid1ce

Post by livid1ce » Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:25 pm

What Mistic means is... I read on the other forum.. errrr..http://ce.grimms.org/forum/ somewhere.. can't find it right now that everyone could have only one account.. I didn't want it to mistakenly think we had two accounts on one computer and ban one of us....or both. So I was trying to ensure that I could open my account on his computer if I wanted to play while I was over at his house without problems. The problem isn't versions or anything like that.. we run the same version. and play together over the realm and tcp/ip. Just wanted to ensure the account deletion thing wasn't going to happen. Any response is appreciated.. Thanks.

livid.

Return to “Chaos Empire”