Back to Hellfire v1.00/v1.02 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Information and updates for the Back to Hellfire mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.
Post Reply
Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
Posts: 1994
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:36 pm
Contact:

Post by Doabli » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:33 pm

A question ... Blood Boil says it increases life regeneration by X% . With no base regeneration, how does this work ?
Stay away from ballet dancers with an attitude .

User avatar
ZephyreSyx
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:03 am

Post by ZephyreSyx » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:32 am

Don't mean to shoulder block ya...

This is just a little requestesessessesesess...seses.sses.es.s...sese.se.

ses.ese.s.es.

Is it possible to disable 640 x 320 since this is quite broken due to the new and improve displ...wait a minute. You can make another...Just like D1! Well almost, but it can be improvised.

And I don't know if you want to do it or not, swap the portraits on character select screen between the sorcerer and the blood wizard. Turn the sorcerer red glow into something white, or blue-ish.

That is all...

...eses.

User avatar
onyx
Retired Admin
Throne
Posts: 9377
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:38 pm
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Contact:

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:33 am

Doabli";p="375445" wrote:A question ... Blood Boil says it increases life regeneration by X% . With no base regeneration, how does this work ?
As far as I remember, I haven't touched characters' life regeneration. I have removed monsters' life regeneration. Then again, I might be wrong. I'll get back to you when I have the files in front of me.
ZephyreSyx";p="375534" wrote: Is it possible to disable 640 x 320 since this is quite broken due to the new and improve displ...wait a minute. You can make another...Just like D1! Well almost, but it can be improvised.
Just don't use it ;)
ZephyreSyx";p="375534" wrote: And I don't know if you want to do it or not, swap the portraits on character select screen between the sorcerer and the blood wizard. Turn the sorcerer red glow into something white, or blue-ish.
Sorcerer's original portrait stays, for nostalgic reasons.
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

Little Faith
Junior Member
Paladin
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:01 am

Re: Back to Hellfire v1.00 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Post by Little Faith » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:25 am

Tried to make a runeword ("RaRe") in a non-magical cloak.

Got a gemmed cloak.

fyris
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:49 pm

Re: Back to Hellfire v1.00 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Post by fyris » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:25 pm

some rogues stuff

infravision seems to be a wasted skill for rogues.
it highlights enemys - thats ok - but cloak of shadows highlights enemys too, hast nice side effekts (blinds, def bonus, def malus for enemys), higher range and needs only lvl 10

plz improve infravision, or replace it

shouldn't be a strong skill, maybe find potion, or open chests without key...

cloak of shadows has some problems too
1. i think its to strong (maybe increase reuse timer)
2. the skill doesn't change to red after using it
3. you can't use the skill, if you traged an enemy



are there rogues only bows, or other items?

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
Posts: 1994
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:36 pm
Contact:

Post by Doabli » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:33 am

As far as I remember, I haven't touched characters' life regeneration. I have removed monsters' life regeneration. Then again, I might be wrong. I'll get back to you when I have the files in front of me.
Strange , because characters don't have natural regeneration in cLOD . May be you used that hpregen stat ?
Stay away from ballet dancers with an attitude .

User avatar
onyx
Retired Admin
Throne
Posts: 9377
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:38 pm
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Contact:

Hand-picked

Re: Back to Hellfire v1.00 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Post by onyx » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:42 am

Little Faith";p="375558" wrote:Tried to make a runeword ("RaRe") in a non-magical cloak.

Got a gemmed cloak.
I'll do some tests and see if and why it fails. Might be an error on my end.


fyris";p="375627" wrote: infravision seems to be a wasted skill for rogues.
it highlights enemys - thats ok - but cloak of shadows highlights enemys too, hast nice side effekts (blinds, def bonus, def malus for enemys), higher range and needs only lvl 10

plz improve infravision, or replace it
Infravision has been discussed a long time ago and I've been meaning to replace it, I just never get to it. It should be done at some point. If you don't like it, then don't read the books and use them for recipes.
fyris";p="375627" wrote: cloak of shadows has some problems too
1. i think its to strong (maybe increase reuse timer)
2. the skill doesn't change to red after using it
3. you can't use the skill, if you traged an enemy
1. "Too strong" isn't telling me much.
2. Why should it?
3. How's that a problem?
fyris";p="375627" wrote: are there rogues only bows, or other items?
No.
Doabli";p="375661" wrote: Strange , because characters don't have natural regeneration in cLOD . May be you used that hpregen stat ?
I think I used that, yes. But again, I don't have the files here, so I can't check.
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

fyris
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:49 pm

Re: Back to Hellfire v1.00 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Post by fyris » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:48 pm

hmm

if i use cloak of shadows all enemys except champions, and uniques just stay around, and do nothing. i would say that is a realy strong effect, because you can easiely kill all enemys except champions and uniques without taking any dmg or run away.

the icon should turn red after using, because you can't use it again for a short periode.(like immolation)

and the using problem, ok i may be to lazy

User avatar
Antechrist
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:09 pm

Re: Back to Hellfire v1.00 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Post by Antechrist » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:31 pm

Hi all, new player here !

Congratulations Onyx, your mod is really impressive ! I'm playing a blood wizard. Very fun and powerful, but I'm level 28 now and still didn't find any good cape (the one I have just has +4 life...)
Also, none of the merchants I found sells capes, and I could never find one by gambling... Is that intentional ?

Another questions: at higher levels, can capes spawn with +skill bonus for the bloodwizard ?

User avatar
onyx
Retired Admin
Throne
Posts: 9377
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:38 pm
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Contact:

Hand-picked

Re: Back to Hellfire v1.00 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Post by onyx » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:38 pm

Antechrist";p="375749" wrote: Also, none of the merchants I found sells capes, and I could never find one by gambling... Is that intentional ?
Yes, it is.
Antechrist";p="375749" wrote: Another questions: at higher levels, can capes spawn with +skill bonus for the bloodwizard ?
No, Blood Wizard skills only spawn on staves.

One more thing, you might want to take a look here, otherwise you might lose your character at some point.
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

User avatar
Antechrist
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:09 pm

Re: Back to Hellfire v1.00 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Post by Antechrist » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:11 pm

Ok, thanks for the answers ! (I was already aware of the death bug so I make backups often)

Now I wonder if the blood wizard will still be playable on hell difficulty with such weak equiment...

User avatar
CorniI
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Posts: 371
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:02 am

Post by CorniI » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:17 pm

That's what's the drawback of her high life and her high-damage-spells, she isn't teh-ub0r-rul0r ;)
Linux is like a Wigwam - NO Windows, no Gates and Apache inside

User avatar
biobaba
Junior Member
Champion of the Light
Posts: 432
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:40 pm

Re: Back to Hellfire v1.00 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Post by biobaba » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:34 pm

I am just wondering if Monk's "kicking" (Zeal) skill (I forget the name) is affected by attacking speed or the attacking speed for that skill is fixed

User avatar
onyx
Retired Admin
Throne
Posts: 9377
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:38 pm
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Contact:

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:37 pm

Aggrocorni";p="375758" wrote:That's what's the drawback of her high life and her high-damage-spells, she isn't teh-ub0r-rul0r ;)
Her? She? It's a male character :lol:
biobaba";p="375761" wrote: I am just wondering if Monk's "kicking" (Zeal) skill (I forget the name) is affected by attacking speed or the attacking speed for that skill is fixed
If Zeal isn't affected by attack speed, then this skill isn't affected either (read: it's a Zeal clone with changed attack mode).
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

User avatar
Seraph Uri-el
Junior Member
Paladin
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:41 pm

Re: Back to Hellfire v1.00 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Post by Seraph Uri-el » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:43 pm

fyris";p="375703" wrote:hmm

if i use cloak of shadows all enemys except champions, and uniques just stay around, and do nothing. i would say that is a realy strong effect, because you can easiely kill all enemys except champions and uniques without taking any dmg or run away.
I loled :) . I guess you only got experience in Normal? Wait till Nightmare or Hell, those Mode deserve their name trust me. Cos is indeed quite strong against normal Mobs. But you will face a Unique soon, and you will be glad that you have to deal only with the Lord and not with the Minions at the same time. Later a Unique can kill you with one swing.
Also i didnt raised Cos Skill Lvl above lvl 12. Cause you cant use it twice before the first Cos run off. If you CoS too early and another Enemy enters the screen he wont be affected. So in my opinion a shorter cooldown is to prefer. I dont use CoS often in hellmode, except i face a Unique with his Minions, as i said before.

First i thought just like you about Infravision.....useless. Then i entert Hellmode and i love it. You need to be extremly careful, cause every hit kills you. Before i open a door or go around a corner i cast Infravision to know if there is any danger ahead. In such situations you cant use CoS cause of its Cooldown, imagin cast cos before opening a door, and there arnt any Monsters... then 2 steps farther you face an enemy..but CoS has still Cooldown. As i said i wouldnt raise CoS to much.

However Infravision could get some nice addition. Maybe increase the lightradius of the character by X% or so. I realy hate dark areas. What do you think Onyx?

When you face the Unique with his Minions cast CoS to disable the Minions and a Decoy to block the Unique. Later the decoy becomes more important. Mine is at lvl 14 but gets killed very quickly.
Last edited by Seraph Uri-el on Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
onyx
Retired Admin
Throne
Posts: 9377
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:38 pm
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Contact:

Hand-picked

Re: Back to Hellfire v1.00 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Post by onyx » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:04 pm

I mostly agree with what Seraph Uri-el says. About Infravision - I was thinking about leaving the skill as it is now, but make it do something else in addition. I don't like the Light Radius idea much, but maybe I'll resort to D2 style and make it reduce enemies defense. Or something else, haven't decided yet.
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

User avatar
D2 MOD player
Forum Regular
Angel
Posts: 563
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:38 pm

Re: Back to Hellfire v1.00 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Post by D2 MOD player » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:43 pm

Onyx, I agree with you in regards to infravision. That would get rid of the problem of feeling like I was punished when I received a book in infravision. Especially now that we have the book drops coresponding to level. Early in the game, it's more likely to get this skill too often and get a really out of balance character. I haven't played a rogue in awhile so I can't give direct input on what attribute you should add. It might not be good if it could be stacked with COS, it might make the rogue too powerful. What I said about the rogue should apply more or less with other characters that have skills not directly related to actually killing things.
I have been playing your mod, just not much. I managed to get to the jail area, people should make note that a character actually tells you where the jail is, so people shouldn't be asking where it's at any longer! I'm playing a bard for the first time. I'll try to give you an update every act so I don't forget.
Things I like:
The original Diablo music is great!
The level layout of the dungeon area when you first start playing is awesome now that you've added the new tiles. It's not just because it looks like Diablo, the level design is very similar. Without a mercenary it feels just like the original! Part of the reason for this is the toned down monster difficulty early on. It makes the high density of monsters coming out of those doors, slaying one at a time in an endless bloodbath, that much funner and more a homage to the original game!
I obviously love the new book drop system. There's no advice I could give you that would make it better.
I was very suprised by all the additions you made to this version. Every update you've come out with has in no way dissapointed, but this release is better then all the others! Maybe you'd discussed it before, but my mouth dropped when I saw the Bloodmage! (sorry, Blood Wizard).
I'll definately use those cube recipes, especially since finding a good ring or amulet is made rare on purpose.
I'll comment on this more later when I see the whole game, but I like the monster selection on what I've played so far in each level.
I like the monster balancing you did, I don't usually give advice to tone down monsters, it's like admitting I can't handle the game, that hurts my gaming ego!
Andariel was closer to my actual character level and I could actually hit her, it made this boss battle shorter but sweeter.
Even though the difficulty ramps up a little slower then before, I can tell it will be as hard as ever when I get through more of the game. I just won't have to spend my whole life finding books anymore, just half of it!
I really liked that summersault skill early on for the bard. I can tell this character is a blast already. I'll have to test that kick skill and see how effective it is against physical immune monsters. I may need to just get a hireling to take them down if it doesn't work.
I really like the water supply quest music. Maybe you could add that to another level in the game instead of using D2 music!? It's a really short quest, so it's not like anybody is sick of the tune.
Things I don't like:
I'll have to play it more to find most of those things.
Inventory space feels limited. It's not as bad as people might first expect, since you don't need to collect set items. It's still hard to collect all those items and keep them. I usually fill the bag(Cube) up and have to dump the items everytime I do a recipe. While it hasn't been much of a problem in the past, it will get worse because you've added alot of items to this mod lately.
There's no cube recipe to remove socketed items. It can take a whole difficulty level just to find the items you want to craft your own armour, only to find out later you should have put the items in gear that's that much better just 1 hour later. At least in this way, Eastern Sun has it right. You wouldn't believe how much funner that makes the game. Crafting items becomes not just an art, but something you can rely on.
I haven't played it yet, but I'm guessing the Monk and Blood Wizard don't change in appearance when different items are equipped. If that's the case, it's definately understanding because of the difficulty in implementing custom appearances in the first place. It's just disappointing. It is still much better then playing a druid as a monk and being completely confused by it's appearance. So consider this a like as well as a dislike.

Well, that's all I can think of right now. I'll give more input later. And so this post doesn't close on a low point. This mod is completely awesome! And notice that all my dislikes are things you haven't implemented or expended yet, not things you have implemented. If that was the case, there definately would be a problem. This mod is like art, but it's a game too. No more long hours of looking at picture galleries to feel culturally fulfilled. I have BTH to play. I can take out the bad guys and feel enriched at the same time. :snipersmile: :onfire: Die you evil monsters, die by my hand. haha haaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

User avatar
kingpin
Senior Admin
Cherub
Posts: 10905
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2003 12:51 pm
Contact:
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: Back to Hellfire v1.00 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Post by kingpin » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:12 am

I haven't played it yet, but I'm guessing the Monk and Blood Wizard don't change in appearance when different items are equipped. If that's the case, it's definately understanding because of the difficulty in implementing custom appearances in the first place. It's just disappointing. It is still much better then playing a druid as a monk and being completely confused by it's appearance. So consider this a like as well as a dislike.
I'm playing a monk currently and you will be surprised. It do change appearance and as I know how much hard work it's to get it look good. It's simply just amazing done :)

User avatar
Haynen
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:53 am

Re: Back to Hellfire v1.00 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Post by Haynen » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:50 am

Lazarus doesn't have enough health. He went down much faster than you would expect an Act boss to go down

Act 4 is simply great. Monster strength and variety are perfect. Act 3 had good monster strength and variety too, but not as good as Act 4

My only complaint with the Act 4 monsters is the psychorbs and necrorbs don't chase after you if you put Sentinels (presumably also works for hydras)
around corners and off screen. They don't chase you around corners and just die from the repeated shots instead of going after you like the goat lords do.
Even if they are firing at you, you can stand out of range and throw out Sentinels and hydras which have longer range. I would suggest raising the range of their attack to prevent tricks like this from working.

User avatar
biobaba
Junior Member
Champion of the Light
Posts: 432
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:40 pm

Post by biobaba » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:26 am

:arrow: It seems that there's no new staff weapon for monk to buy in Act 4. I am level 34 so the new weapon should appear at this time already..

:arrow: This is probably an old issue, if you open up a protal from blood cave.. the town would turn "rainbow colored"
Last edited by biobaba on Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
D2 MOD player
Forum Regular
Angel
Posts: 563
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:38 pm

Re: Back to Hellfire v1.00 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Post by D2 MOD player » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:40 am

Thanks for your comments Kingpin! That's exciting news indeed. Now Onyx won't have to correct me. My only complaint with seeing items you equip in Diablo 2 or BTH is wearing a cloth hat makes just about any character look like Little Red Riding Hood (basically like a stupid idiot or homeless person(yes I understand homeless people aren't stupid idiots, but they do dress poorly), to avoid any cross cultural misunderstandings).

Biobaba, sounds like your right, it may be triggered by character level.

User avatar
biobaba
Junior Member
Champion of the Light
Posts: 432
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:40 pm

Re: Back to Hellfire v1.00 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Post by biobaba » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:32 am

D2 MOD player";p="375936" wrote:
Biobaba, sounds like your right, it may be triggered by character level.

I know weapon spawning in shop is based on level but in act 4 I doubt there is any new staff weapon at all

Little Faith
Junior Member
Paladin
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:01 am

Re: Back to Hellfire v1.00 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Post by Little Faith » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:13 am

I tried some more low level runewords (things like Mage, Forge or Neon) in Blood Wizard capes/cloaks and they all produced gemmed capes/cloaks.

I am beginning to suspect capes can't be runeworded at all.

User avatar
D2 MOD player
Forum Regular
Angel
Posts: 563
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:38 pm

Re: Back to Hellfire v1.00 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Post by D2 MOD player » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:36 am

One thing I forgot to mention. Maybe I'll have to play longer to be sure on this build, but the drops have always seemed to be sparse in this mod. The only time it didn't was before level 20. I kill endless monsters to get 1 drop besides potions. If I don't have enough gold maybe I can't repair all my equipment. I'm glad you added the blacksmith oil. That at least solves part of that problem.

User avatar
onyx
Retired Admin
Throne
Posts: 9377
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:38 pm
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Contact:

Hand-picked

Re: Back to Hellfire v1.00 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Post by onyx » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:39 am

One long post ahead :)
D2 MOD player";p="375914" wrote: I was very suprised by all the additions you made to this version. Every update you've come out with has in no way dissapointed, but this release is better then all the others! Maybe you'd discussed it before, but my mouth dropped when I saw the Bloodmage! (sorry, Blood Wizard).
It was kept in secret for a reason, no one (aside from me and 2 more people who helped) knew the Blood Wizard was coming.
D2 MOD player";p="375914" wrote: I really like the water supply quest music. Maybe you could add that to another level in the game instead of using D2 music!? It's a really short quest, so it's not like anybody is sick of the tune.
This is the caves music from Diablo, so you'll be hearing a lot from it, trust me. In fact, you already got throught the Cave levels in Act 1, this is the same music there ;)
D2 MOD player";p="375914" wrote: Inventory space feels limited. It's not as bad as people might first expect, since you don't need to collect set items. It's still hard to collect all those items and keep them. I usually fill the bag(Cube) up and have to dump the items everytime I do a recipe. While it hasn't been much of a problem in the past, it will get worse because you've added alot of items to this mod lately.
Well, first of all, PlugY is incompatible. Period. So what you already have in the mod is the best you can get. You simply have to choose what you want to keep. Let me remind you of how limited the space in vanilla Diablo 2 is ;)
D2 MOD player";p="375914" wrote: There's no cube recipe to remove socketed items. It can take a whole difficulty level just to find the items you want to craft your own armour, only to find out later you should have put the items in gear that's that much better just 1 hour later.
This is exactly the point in crafting, if you ask me. Should I use my socketable with this item right now and expect it to become obsolete, because I found a better item 1 hour later, or should I keep my socketable until I find a better item, but be weaker now? If I make unsocket recipes, this would mean for example that once you find the runes for a runeword you like, you'll be able to change equipment and preserve the runeword as you go. This isn't good in my opinion. You don't have to make choices. As for how Eastern Sun did it - you of all people should know how different the two mods are :)

Haynen";p="375927" wrote: Lazarus doesn't have enough health. He went down much faster than you would expect an Act boss to go down
His HP was reduced in one of the previous (beta) patches, because he had too much HP. Guess I went too far ;)
Haynen";p="375927" wrote: My only complaint with the Act 4 monsters is the psychorbs and necrorbs don't chase after you if you put Sentinels (presumably also works for hydras)
around corners and off screen. They don't chase you around corners and just die from the repeated shots instead of going after you like the goat lords do.
Even if they are firing at you, you can stand out of range and throw out Sentinels and hydras which have longer range. I would suggest raising the range of their attack to prevent tricks like this from working.
Yes, this was brought up already, they need a range increase. I'm also contemplating an AI change, to make them act similar to the Torchants (chase you around and run away when approached). We'll see.
biobaba";p="375930" wrote: :arrow: It seems that there's no new staff weapon for monk to buy in Act 4. I am level 34 so the new weapon should appear at this time already..
The "new" weapon should appear at about level 40. This brings up another problem - by toning down the monsters in earlier acts, I've made it easier to proceed and I noticed that people arrive in later acts too early (as is the case with your character). I'll see what I can do about it, but I'd appreciate some input on the matter - like character levels when you arrive in acts 3, 4, 5...
biobaba";p="375930" wrote: :arrow: This is probably an old issue, if you open up a protal from blood cave.. the town would turn "rainbow colored"
Yes, old problem. Thought I fixed it, obviously I haven't :(
D2 MOD player";p="375936" wrote: My only complaint with seeing items you equip in Diablo 2 or BTH is wearing a cloth hat makes just about any character look like Little Red Riding Hood (basically like a stupid idiot or homeless person(yes I understand homeless people aren't stupid idiots, but they do dress poorly), to avoid any cross cultural misunderstandings).
Diablo and Hellfire characters naturally don't change when you equip a helm, so they don't change like that in BTH either. They only change when you equip different weapons and body armor.
Little Faith";p="375942" wrote: I tried some more low level runewords (things like Mage, Forge or Neon) in Blood Wizard capes/cloaks and they all produced gemmed capes/cloaks.

I am beginning to suspect capes can't be runeworded at all.
Yes, I suspect that too. I'll check where it's broken and I'll be sure to enable runewords in capes in the next patch.
D2 MOD player";p="375958" wrote: One thing I forgot to mention. Maybe I'll have to play longer to be sure on this build, but the drops have always seemed to be sparse in this mod. The only time it didn't was before level 20. I kill endless monsters to get 1 drop besides potions. If I don't have enough gold maybe I can't repair all my equipment. I'm glad you added the blacksmith oil. That at least solves part of that problem.
Yes, it's intentional and it has been like that ever since the beginning. It gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling inside when you find something usefull ;) BTH is a mod that doesn't revolve around items (unlike almost any other mod out there) and character builds (unlike almost any other mod out there). I guess I have a different view on how the game should be played, sue me :P

D2 MOD player, glad to see some more of your long and detailed posts. It certainly helps a lot, as you seem to have attention to detail and even more important, you do the effort of posting all these little things that many players overlook. Thanks :D
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

Post Reply

Return to “Back to Hellfire”