my thoughts on bth

Information and updates for the Back to Hellfire mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

No votes

Total votes: 0

The Forgottten

my thoughts on bth

Post by The Forgottten » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:58 am

ok so first i think its vary great and a huge break from all the bullsh*t in d2 like the builds and the unbalanced easyness once u get past oh say lvl 4 lol i love the book system from d1 no more damned cookie cutter build now it bothered me so much when it took no general playing skill to beat d2 but now the good old kill them as they come though the doorway hehehe or lead the butcher into i tactical position and take his ass out lol i love it but i think that if ur going for a mod that needs tactical skill to play and have fun with then bring back the importance of good old regular normal attack skill it still seem like a dumb idea to try to play the game with attack alone it seems like ur gunna end up useing the same skill over and over again like in lod i think that spells and skills or what ever should be add on for ur raw attack this not including the sorc or blood wizard(oh and by the way why did u make the old sorc model for the blood wizard that bummed me out a bit)i was useing my attack to fire arrows but then around the caves or so i found myself feeding on mana pots so i could use magic arrow because nothing else could kill the monsters so there my thoughts have been shared.oh and by the way is there a database or something because it does not seem the main bth site has all the info on the recipes and runewords and things like that thx. :D
Noob at d2 modding

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Re: my thoughts on bth

Post by onyx » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:17 am

The Forgottten";p="404107" wrote: but i think that if ur going for a mod that needs tactical skill to play and have fun with then bring back the importance of good old regular normal attack skill
Well, normal attack is normal attack, not many ways to improve that ;)
The Forgottten";p="404107" wrote: it still seem like a dumb idea to try to play the game with attack alone it seems like ur gunna end up useing the same skill over and over again like in lod
I don't think anyone played Diablo 1 with normal attack only either.
The Forgottten";p="404107" wrote: (oh and by the way why did u make the old sorc model for the blood wizard that bummed me out a bit)
Why did it bum you out?
The Forgottten";p="404107" wrote: by the way is there a database or something because it does not seem the main bth site has all the info on the recipes and runewords and things like that thx. :D
The site has all the recipes listed. The runewords are deliberately not there so each player can find them on his own :)
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

RushPwnsX

Post by RushPwnsX » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:53 pm

onyx";p="404169" wrote:
The Forgottten";p="404107" wrote: it still seem like a dumb idea to try to play the game with attack alone it seems like ur gunna end up useing the same skill over and over again like in lod
I did... :snipersmile: :sword: :peepwall:
You guys didn't?
Last edited by RushPwnsX on Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"I'm not giving in to security under pressure
I'm not missing out on the promise of adventure
I'm not giving up on implausible dreams" - Rush

biobaba
Champion of the Light

Post by biobaba » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:14 am

Although the warrior uses a lot of "normal attack"... If you want to survive in Hell level games... some spells are need to be casted such as Stone Curse, Teleport etc...

Even a Barbarian in Hellf Fire needed to cast some spells in higher diffcaulties

Parksta0

Post by Parksta0 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:17 pm

RushPwnsX";p="404183" wrote:
onyx";p="404169" wrote:
I did... :snipersmile: :sword: :peepwall:
You guys didn't?
Haha yeah, I've got a Warrior who only has Diablo left in his game and has never read any books, and has never even used a healing scroll.
-----
FOR BLOOD AND GLORY! ~Kyphis, of the Fystali Blood Mage clan

D2 MOD player
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by D2 MOD player » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:04 am

That actually sounds like a good idea, but I doubt you could get through nightmare. After normal mode leveling is no longer your friend and only makes a minor difference when basic stats are concerned.

Parksta0

Post by Parksta0 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:58 am

D2 MOD player";p="405139" wrote:That actually sounds like a good idea, but I doubt you could get through nightmare. After normal mode leveling is no longer your friend and only makes a minor difference when basic stats are concerned.
Yeah, haven't really had much trouble with it though, Diablo 1 is a whole different kettle of fish, in my opinion. The lack of an ability to regenerate numbers in single player kinda gives me a huge advantage... just means I need to use my favourite thing to beat hordes into the ground (especialy acid beasts with a boss)... TACTICS! :twisted:
-----
FOR BLOOD AND GLORY! ~Kyphis, of the Fystali Blood Mage clan

D2 MOD player
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by D2 MOD player » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:21 pm

Just listen to the Crusader known as Parksta0. Proof single player is fun (to all the naysayers).

There was actually a time during the development of this mod that reminds me of. Back in beta 2 I heard of people going through normal and finding no skills or maybe one and then not using the skill because a hammer was better then sword mastery! If I recall there may not have even been a recipe to cube for a skill of your class. There weren't as many characters back then but when it was implemented, it required cubing 4 books just to get one. :read: :break:

Killamoocow

Post by Killamoocow » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:38 pm

i think the difficulty adds to the intensity ;)

i like opening a door just to find a crap load of skeletons or something waiting for me and start pouring in

Return to “Back to Hellfire”